These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Providence

First post
Author
Jathlor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-10-08 04:41:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jathlor
How does one get into CVA held 0.0 space? I thought they were not red don't shoot but I hit gate camps the last two times I tried heading down there. A lead on who to convo before I try next time would much appreciated.... I just want to head down to 0.0 and see what its all about.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-10-08 04:46:45 UTC
The Providence alliances have an extremely extensive list of reds - so extensive that they've filled up all of the standings slots alliances can have and so have to tell their members to add reds to personal contacts lists.

If you are now or were ever in a corp or alliance that is red to them, or if you have ever shot someone in Providence who wasn't red to them, then you're probably red to them.

The only reason I would ever go to Providence is to prey on carebears who think NRDS means they're safe.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#3 - 2012-10-08 04:49:01 UTC
Jathlor wrote:
How does one get into CVA held 0.0 space? I thought they were not red don't shoot but I hit gate camps the last two times I tried heading down there. A lead on who to convo before I try next time would much appreciated.... I just want to head down to 0.0 and see what its all about.

Convo me anytime you want to go down there. I'll bring a recon to dro...erm...scout you through. Twisted

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Jathlor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-10-08 04:51:12 UTC
Safe? Who said anything about being safe? Its still eve in providence right?
Seeing as how I have two pvp kils in my life I'd say its safe to say I've never been red to them, my present or previous corps? I can't really say. But thanks for not answering my question.
Darth Gustav
#5 - 2012-10-08 04:59:21 UTC
Jathlor wrote:
Safe? Who said anything about being safe? Its still eve in providence right?
Seeing as how I have two pvp kils in my life I'd say its safe to say I've never been red to them, my present or previous corps? I can't really say. But thanks for not answering my question.

I try to be helpful. Really, I do. What?

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Jathlor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-10-08 05:04:55 UTC
You aren't to helpful gus I tried convo'ing you in game and you didn't answer.Sad
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#7 - 2012-10-08 05:48:47 UTC
You can check whether you're red or not to them here: http://kos.cva-eve.org/

Be aware the gatecamps you encountered may have simply been people not abiding by CVA's rules (like me). Some CVA+friends members also only take "NRDS" as a gentle suggestion, not as a rule.

The people you want to contact about having access are all probably in the Contact section of the CVA website: http://www.cva-eve.org/index.php?page=contact

Have fun!

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Darth Gustav
#8 - 2012-10-08 05:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Gustav
Jathlor wrote:
You aren't to helpful gus I tried convo'ing you in game and you didn't answer.Sad

That's because you wanted to take an exploration ship thorugh and those aren't very profitable to dro...erm...scout for.

[Edit] I totally gave you a bunch of helpful advice, though. Including the tip about there being a Provi market and that you should fit a MWD on your cov ops.[/Edit]

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#9 - 2012-10-08 06:57:21 UTC
Providence is cool!

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Oggat
The Adam's Family
#10 - 2012-10-08 06:58:46 UTC
I haven't been to Provi in years but I don't remember the diplo channel being in EVE-O GD.
Darth Gustav
#11 - 2012-10-08 07:01:02 UTC
Oggat wrote:
I haven't been to Provi in years but I don't remember the diplo channel being in EVE-O GD.

I legitimately LOL'd. Lol

No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#12 - 2012-10-08 07:02:34 UTC
Jathlor wrote:

All you gotta do is head to EC-P8R to find out what null sec is all about. It goes from Torrinos (high sec) - to null sec in one jump!

Danny John-Peter
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#13 - 2012-10-08 08:24:21 UTC
Firstly you can find out if you are KOS here.

http://kos.cva-eve.org/

The exception being, in NPC corp with last Corp red = KOS.

If you wish to discuss diplomatic issue regarding engagements you may have had with CVA or its Allies, please either contact me in game, or join CVA-Diplo and deal with one of the representatives in that channel.

For more information on Providence and NRDS, please refer to here.

http://www.cva-eve.org/index.php?page=faq

Thank you.
Darth Gustav
#14 - 2012-10-08 08:27:00 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
Jathlor wrote:

All you gotta do is head to EC-P8R to find out what null sec is all about. It goes from Torrinos (high sec) - to null sec in one jump!

In hindsight I regret not taking this angle.

But you never know what you're gonna get. Cool

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#15 - 2012-10-08 08:50:11 UTC
Providence reminded me of Camelot.

'Tis a silly place.
Syna Anima
SYNDAX CORPORATION
#16 - 2012-10-08 09:00:18 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Providence is cool!

Second.

There are few places in EVE where small gangs can have fun and neutrals can enjoy 0.0. Say thank you for this. Rest of eve is blobfest competition and scam contests. NRDS is superior in every way, too bad the game mechanics favour NBSI behaviour.

CVA is the oldest alliance in EVE for a reason while NBSI alliances come and go under different names every year.

As for the OP post, you are KOS/Red, so you'll be shot if you come to Providence. Ask your alliance why.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-10-08 09:04:32 UTC
Danny John-Peter wrote:
Firstly you can find out if you are KOS here.

http://kos.cva-eve.org/

The exception being, in NPC corp with last Corp red = KOS.

If you wish to discuss diplomatic issue regarding engagements you may have had with CVA or its Allies, please either contact me in game, or join CVA-Diplo and deal with one of the representatives in that channel.

For more information on Providence and NRDS, please refer to here.

http://www.cva-eve.org/index.php?page=faq

Thank you.

Things would be so much easier for you if you just went NBSI.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

TriadSte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-10-08 09:07:25 UTC
Its seem that Jathlor is indeed KOS..

You must have either

A. Shot someone

B. Been in a corp/alliance who is KOS

Provi is indeed cool, It represents what all other null does not. It gives the player the chance to come to null to go at your own pace to learn the ropes.
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#19 - 2012-10-08 09:19:26 UTC
Syna Anima wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Providence is cool!

Second.

There are few places in EVE where small gangs can have fun and neutrals can enjoy 0.0. Say thank you for this. Rest of eve is blobfest competition and scam contests. NRDS is superior in every way, too bad the game mechanics favour NBSI behaviour.

CVA is the oldest alliance in EVE for a reason while NBSI alliances come and go under different names every year.

As for the OP post, you are KOS/Red, so you'll be shot if you come to Providence. Ask your alliance why.

Exactly right.

What TriadSte wrote is also true. Providence gives the player the chance to go to nullsec and actually have fun.

Ratokus
Gypsy Fleet
#20 - 2012-10-08 09:39:22 UTC
I just checked if I was KOS to CVA.

It turns out I am for some reason.

I would like to be taken off this list, who would I have to speak to?
123Next page