These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Where's my Gold medal?

First post
Author
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#21 - 2012-10-03 14:36:22 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
The reason that no medals were given out is that no medals were announced for this tournament. This was intended as each tournament we do we aim to change things up so no medals for ATX but medals will be awarded for the New Eden Open.

Medals are commemorative.

There isn't anything to "change up about it".

If you want to commemorate an event and accomplishments, you hand out the medals. You clearly don't want to commemorate the last tournament. I don't see why you wouldn't bother to take the x minutes to design a medal and send it out.

Where I am.

Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#22 - 2012-10-03 17:50:13 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
The reason that no medals were given out is that no medals were announced for this tournament. This was intended as each tournament we do we aim to change things up so no medals for ATX but medals will be awarded for the New Eden Open.

Wheres...my...chaiiiinnn?! You think I'm playin'?

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

WarGod
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#23 - 2012-10-03 20:01:38 UTC  |  Edited by: WarGod
CCP Navigator wrote:
The reason that no medals were given out is that no medals were announced for this tournament.

If you actually read my post, then you would understand this response isn't good enough.

CCP Navigator wrote:
This was intended as each tournament we do we aim to change things up so no medals for ATX but medals will be awarded for the New Eden Open.

If by "change things up" you mean... out of 11 tournaments you're randomly going to skip handing out medals for the 10th one. This also isn't good enough.
ROSSLINDEN0
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#24 - 2012-10-03 22:19:04 UTC
I'm not surprised by this reply, its typical ccp changing stuff that doesn't need it
Pimms
The Holdings.
Aura Federation
#25 - 2012-10-06 13:02:59 UTC
What a rediculous and rubbish excuse. There is no reason not to award VoC medals.

What a joke.
Rengas
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#26 - 2012-10-07 04:33:53 UTC
Bloodpetal wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

Medals are commemorative.

There isn't anything to "change up about it".

If you want to commemorate an event and accomplishments, you hand out the medals. You clearly don't want to commemorate the last tournament. I don't see why you wouldn't bother to take the x minutes to design a medal and send it out.

After all the time and effort our pilots put into this tournament it really is the least that CCP could do.

The whole tourney aftermath process is just very poorly handled compared to the tourney itself.

It seems once the cameras go off and the streams stop that CCP basically ignore the event and wander off.
For almost a week after it ended the only thing we heard from CCP was something about T-Shirts What?
We had to actually petition and forum post to get them to hand out the Etana BPCs.

tl:dr For all the planning that goes into organizing and participating in an event like this, the post-tourney operations are a real let-down with an almost total lack of communication between organizers and players that ultimately undermine the entire tournament.
Gnaw LF
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-10-07 22:16:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Gnaw LF
CCP Navigator wrote:

This is funny and sad at the same time. After the infamous final of AT9 CCP needed ATX to go different, they need the tournament to regain some credibility. The guys at VoC delivered, through a lot of effort, a cindarella story. An outsider, a virtually unknown alliance, made it all the way to the final in series of fights that kept you on the edge of your seat. I don't want to toot my own horn, but you can't dismiss the fact that Verge of Collapse had made a significant contribution towards that "Following the success of Alliance Tournament X in July 2012" and the New Eden Open.

How sad it is, how disappointing that virtually everyone else but ATX winners and runner ups will receive a medal.
SlippyTheToad
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2012-10-07 22:22:49 UTC
Let's compromise. Instead of a medal, give the winning team ATX monocles. You commemorate the event and show off the Aurum store, and I bet the winners would be happy. Win/Win/Win
Duncan Tanner
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#29 - 2012-10-09 16:25:09 UTC
After providing you with your symbolic final, your champions want their symbolic medals.

Although you've already made your decision not to give out medals, so you'll have to fearlessly stick to it. That's how excellence works.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#30 - 2012-10-09 18:34:24 UTC
I'm sorry CCP, but you realize this is just silly right? Even if not "announced" as a part of the prizes, seriously that is one of the things that participating and top placing pilots have to show more than a news post that gets lost somewhere. The medals were unique to this single event so removing them "to change things up" a bit that's really strange.

That doesn't change things imo that only makes AT9 placers more special tbh. A change is like introducing banning of ships in the next tournament, but maybe you'll simply decide to hand out medals for ATXI instead - since that obviously change things up a bit...

Even though it doesn't really affect me since I would never be anywhere near placing for one I do believe that this is the type of rewards that makes placing in a tournament more special than other things. It is a token of doing well and from my point of view would be worth more than a sum of isk.

Also I'm very late on this topic as I just heard about it. I really hope you rethink this because it is a very special event that deserves that special recognition.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Oso Curioso
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-10-09 20:12:55 UTC
why would you not give them medals? does someone cut off one of your fingers each time a medal is awarded? do they cost a million dollars to design? can you not get off your asses and press the two buttons that will award them?
Johnnie J Walker
Aura.
Aura Federation
#32 - 2012-10-09 23:22:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Johnnie J Walker
Seriously CCP, these guys gave you a Tournament run that probably made the Alliance Tournament 10x more popular after the rubbish that happend last your and this is how you recognise that? WOW! How stupid.

Clearly it was hit since your running another tournament the month after, you can only thank them for that. Dont forget your going to be earning a fair bit of cash for the new tourny. Yet you still dont properly recognise the people that made this tournament popular. Why would you treat them like that.

As for the "Not listed as were changing it up" excuse, that is utter rubbish. How is that changing the tournament up? I mean what impact does that ever have except for a negative one. i.e. Take part in the tourny to get less prizes? What? How silly does that sound...

You should reconsider this, unless your trying to go out of your way to make the tournaments look like a joke.
Logicycle
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#33 - 2012-10-10 05:56:52 UTC
You should give the winners their medals.
Jamison
Southern Gothic
#34 - 2012-10-10 20:26:29 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

They absolutely deserve getting medals, regardless of CCP mistake of not mentioning them. Is this because of the fact no one saw VoC getting very far?

This excuse really bothers me, maybe because of the fact it was Tenth tournament.

Royal Jedi
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#35 - 2012-10-11 00:10:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Royal Jedi
Its quite clear that the general player opinion is unanimously in favour of awarding us medals. Its also fairly clear that CCP Navigator's excuse isnt a very good one.

I dont see why it is so difficult to spawn us these medals as they are already an in game item....

What bad repercussions would come from doing so? We worked so hard to give a good show in the tournament and so far, the post tournament communication with CCP has been pretty frustraiting and blasé to say the least.

Im not sure why CCP has avoided this in the slightest, especially since the success of this tournament has sparked the announcement of another tournament shortly after.

X Very disappointed. X
ANGRY23
Safety Set To Red
Train Wreck.
#36 - 2012-10-12 17:08:07 UTC
Cmon CCP do the right thing and give these guys what they deserve.
Gibbo3771
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#37 - 2012-10-13 15:48:01 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

Stop being shite and just give the fuking medals out. Well saying your giving medals out of the tournament that nets you money from the playerbase.

Prick
The Hunter
Gladiators of Rage
Fraternity.
#38 - 2012-10-14 02:45:46 UTC
a bump for ATX medals to be handed out
Kev Lar
Gladiators of Rage
Fraternity.
#39 - 2012-10-14 03:02:32 UTC
bump for medals
CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2012-10-15 11:21:22 UTC
This thread is locked.

It has been explained that medals were not offered for this tournament and that decision is final. The winners received their ships and AT X T-Shirts were sent to their homes as well.

There is a special medal which I will be awarding for anyone who reopens this topic. Its an 'I got banned by Navigator ' medal. Trust me, you don't want that one.

Fake edit - There is no medal.
Previous page12