These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Torpedoes and other unguided missiles need fixing

Author
half of eve
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2012-10-04 22:44:59 UTC
Hagika wrote:

You keep mentioning that everything is laughably over powered with missiles.. Yet what weapon system is most common in PVP by far? Guns... what ships are in the far majority of use? Armor...Drake is the only 1 true pvp ship caldari has and its use because of range and tank, the dps is far less than its gun counterparts.
Couple problems with that:
1) Missiles are only one of the 4 main weapon systems, and then only represent half the ships in the caldari lineup. If, in total, missiles made up for anything more than a quarter of the total weapons being used then that would indicate some sort of balance problem
2)Heavy missiles are, by FAR, the most used weapon system in the game, the difference is so huge that there tend to be more heavy missiles showing up on KMs than the next 4 or 5 weapon systems COMBINED. The most popular ship? The drake of course, usually followed closely by the tengu.

Oh and where did you get the idea that shields are used less than armor in pvp? Even in large fleets you have rokhs, drakes, tengus and maelstroms, and in smaller gangs it's a no contest win for shields. Armor gets used certainly, but not more than shields.

Hagika wrote:

What beats a drake fleet? An alpha fleet... Once again guns... People are to lazy to think outside the box and with Goon numbers its hard to contest most of their fleets. Just like a typical left, they blame the ship, not the people..
And what beats an alpha fleet? Tengus, once again with heavy missiles.
Hagika wrote:

Once the ship has been nerfed into the ground as you go on cheering, then comes Cane fleets, with arts or heavy tanked with autos.
Then of course when large numbers are brought, you will complain how they need to be nerfed too.

Let me ask you something: If the game is balanced as it is, and heavy missiles don't need a nerf, why aren't people fielding cane fleets NOW? It's because the drake is provably, objectively better, which means that there's a lack of balance somewhere, and either canes (along with every other ship out there that isn't a drake) need a buff, or drakes need a nerf.
Hagika wrote:

This circle has continued and these nerfs come around because of cry babies..

Perhaps CCP needs to nerf you whiners.

Because a game where nearly a third of the kills are obtained by 1 ship type is super fun amirite?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#42 - 2012-10-05 08:28:51 UTC
Well now Torps, HAMs and Rockets are getting a whopping buff.

Mission accomplished, I guess.

So: let's talk about Torp CNRs with dual Hydraulic Thruster rigs, and a T2 Rigor?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#43 - 2012-10-05 08:57:40 UTC
I would like to see how long it takes for hydraulic thruster-rigged TE-nano Drake to become FOTM.
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#44 - 2012-10-05 09:49:49 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Well now Torps, HAMs and Rockets are getting a whopping buff.

Mission accomplished, I guess.

So: let's talk about Torp CNRs with dual Hydraulic Thruster rigs, and a T2 Rigor?

How about rocket frigates? Kiting with Jav with no ship velocity penalty, with damage application outside web range massively improved by the reduced explosion radius from GMP.
Previous page123