These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Distasteful

First post
Author
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-10-17 14:31:35 UTC
Katsumi Kaminari wrote:
Skippermonkey wrote:
Katsumi Kaminari wrote:
So what do you propose then? Ban Goonwaffe's 1st Amendment rights all in the name of being tasteful? Who's the fascist now?

Im pretty sure your amendments mean feckk all in Iceland

Okay smart guy, here you go. Iceland plans future as global haven for freedom of speech.

In another note, where in the EULA does it state that you cannot offend anyone? Hmmmmm......

It's completely open to ccps discretion though. They can ban you on here and delete your account for any reason they want or even invent.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#22 - 2011-10-17 14:35:23 UTC
Jint Hikaru wrote:
Its people like the OP who make it so the 'N' word is dubbed out of the film 'Blazing Saddles' when its shown on American TV.

I keep telling him, he's got to wash his hands after a cross burning ... see? it's coming right off...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Keno Skir
#23 - 2011-10-17 14:37:04 UTC
Fille Balle wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Lol Humour.

Also, OP, you should probably read a bit closer who is calling whom what.

Humor? You think 2 - 8 million people dying of starvation is funny? That's really mature I must say.

Maybe I lack a sense of humor, but I don't find that humorous at all.

While i dont find their deaths funny and neither do most people here, your over-blown reaction to something said in jest IS funny. It's funny because you had no issue with it until everyone else started their own "i hate goons" thread. Now you want to jump on the bandwagon just in case something major happens and you can say you were here. How many slavery related insults do the minmatar get in this game, should everyone who makes a slave joke be banned for drawing a realistic parallel with actual slaves who worked and died for their rich masters years ago? No. Theres another parallel here isnt there?

I had a goon spy (supposedly anyway) join my corp and eventually try to kill me the other day, she was very polite and we even exchanged a joke or two as she whittled down my shields Pirate
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#24 - 2011-10-17 14:42:47 UTC
If we cut out everyone in this game that likes fancy uniforms, stalin, russian or german history and slavery we wouldn't have anyone left to play the game.

We maybe the French, but those guys like Napoleon, surely his name should be scorned as well?

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Deopheel Dalonne
Eridu Productions
#25 - 2011-10-17 14:43:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Deopheel Dalonne
Baphommet wrote:
It's not like you can feel threatened in any way by Mittens, he's just some well versed internet spaceship nerd.

Did you read "The lord of the flies" or 'Animal farm".

This sort of talk always seem innocuous, until it isn't. Then it is too late.

To many, Adolf H was a buffoon; a very funny guy with a little mustache. Until they stopped laughing.
Wacktopia
Fleet-Up.com
Keep It Simple Software Group
#26 - 2011-10-17 14:45:07 UTC
I just love Waffles for breakfast. Sometimes I eat them with bacon and maple syrup. Mmmm Mmmm.

Kitchen sink? Seriousy, get your ship together -  Fleet-Up.com

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#27 - 2011-10-17 14:51:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Fille Balle wrote:
Humor? You think 2 - 8 million people dying of starvation is funny? That's really mature I must say.

Maybe I lack a sense of humor, but I don't find that humorous at all.
I find it funny that the OP thinks “waffe” is a dirty word; that he can't read his own quotes and as a result attribute nicknames to the wrong person; that he can't put names in context…

…and yes, that he can't laugh at how the goons try to appeal to (or counter-appeal to) the current state of moral outrage to get everyone else's hackles up. Look up the concept of “Dead Baby Comedy” and you'll be enlightened.
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#28 - 2011-10-17 14:58:30 UTC
Already being discussed here. Locking this thread.

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Previous page12