These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Will CCP opens SPs after patches ?

Author
960ApofiS069
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-10-02 10:56:29 UTC
Hey

i see ccp have balls to nerf stuff hard so am asking if ccp have balls also to give players a choice after applying new patch and open players assigned skill points in skills that will get affected by patch.

there u would see if players "realy" like yo ideas, so if they keep their SPs where they are it will be a sign of good work but if they will put em somewhere else u guys will have a nice prove of the quality of yo devs ideas.

for example winter patch and that drastic nerf of misiles, if i even knew at beginning that something like that will happen i would never train for misiles and i have there +9,3M sps and i think this what ccp is doing is nothing else but cheating on players and scumming em for cash!

i personaly think ccp is too scared and will find 1000s of excuses why not to open SPs and mostly it will be about cash coz after nerf something, ppl will have to train other stuff if they want to have same fun from this game = more needed time = more cash for ccp from GTCs and plexes

but if ccp start opening SPs after patches for some skills or for every skill for a week or two it would be awesome and more subs for ccp instead of regequits.
ugh zug
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-10-02 10:58:33 UTC
ccp has already stated that they only refund skills that have been removed from the game.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#3 - 2012-10-02 11:00:59 UTC
Oh my freaking eyes!

Check the EULA (or whatever sacred parchment clowns here always link to).

CCP can pull the rug from under your SP at any time and you just have to suck it up.
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-10-02 11:01:51 UTC
big whoop - your long range missiles now do long range damage

just suck it up and fit whatever your FC tells you to

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-10-02 11:02:52 UTC

I can see why.
Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#6 - 2012-10-02 11:03:22 UTC
wait if I train missiles I suddenly cannot train any thing else?

oh noes.
Drs Tesla
Nocturnal Synergy
#7 - 2012-10-02 11:05:10 UTC
What did I just read?
Silk daShocka
Greasy Hair Club
#8 - 2012-10-02 11:05:34 UTC
This might be a good idea afterall.

CCP could just let the easy road players free up their SP off heavy missiles after they are tweaked, then observe where these players put their SP. Then CCP can nerf that too.
Kaahles
Jion Keanturi
#9 - 2012-10-02 11:10:09 UTC
A week or so ago I actually did run some numbers on the new heavy missiles really qick'n'dirty to get a rough overview of what is coming at us. Don't have the numbers here to post anymore but it is easy enough for you to do yourself. I ran a comparison of Heavy Missiles against Howitzers, since they are both long range weapons and oh look at that they are not that different in terms of range, dps and alpha damage.

Yeah granted heavy missiles do a little less damage compared to medium artillery on paper but most people forget that at the ranges heavies can hit the artillery is already operating well outside it's optimal range and goes into fall off which as we all know comes with a damage reduction. So in the end you come out the same.

Couldn't be bothered anymore to run a comparison with railguns and beam lasers but I guess the numbers would be located in the same general area so yeah... suck it up and deal with it.

You want DPS on your drake? Use HAMS ffs that's what they are for... "oh but the range is so terrible" yeah... well same goes for autocannons and blasters that's the tradeoff you make for having higher dps.

I got almost maxed missile skills and you don't see me complaining do you?
tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-10-02 11:16:12 UTC  |  Edited by: tgl3
Get out. You chose to train missiles, you deal with any changes to them.
Pipa Porto
#11 - 2012-10-02 11:17:24 UTC
Why would you get rewarded with free SP to remap when your OP stuff gets nerfed?

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Robert De'Arneth
#12 - 2012-10-02 11:18:06 UTC
Oh wow thread # 10,666 from a nerd rager who has more tears then a 2 year old who had their lolli pop taken away.

I really like how you made this seem about balls rather then your ability to learn how to play.

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

San Severina
One Point 0
#13 - 2012-10-02 11:18:52 UTC
OP your butt frustration amuses me.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#14 - 2012-10-02 11:21:47 UTC
Drs Tesla wrote:
What did I just read?

Very likely someone from a country whose language isn't that well understood by Google Translate. Judging from the screenshots in his bio, Czech Republic or Slovakia.
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#15 - 2012-10-02 11:24:17 UTC  |  Edited by: lanyaie
You started your thread with "hey"
Instead of saying "you" you used "yo"
You didn't capitalize your first "I"
The stuff you say is terrible.
You wrote "ragequit" wrong.
You are whining over something discussed before.
You posted in the wrong forum section.

Now please tell me, why would I listen to you?

We're civilized spaceship pilots, not your "hommies" go say "yo" to them yo.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

My Postman
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-10-02 11:24:25 UTC
There is no need for that, OP. CCP is buffing and nerfing things on regular basis. I didnt ragequit when the buffed all my droneboats with introducing the drone damage mod. I did´nt ragequit when they buffed my blasters and rails (well, sort of buff), and i will not ragequit when thy nerf my drake/tengu.

All i see here is ZOMG MY DRAKE/TENGU IS NOT OP ANYMORE.

Crosstrain or ragequit, its your choice.
Dread Pirate Pete
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-10-02 11:24:26 UTC
Torps, lights and HAMs are getting a buff, so your missile skills are still quite usefull
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-10-02 11:24:36 UTC
960ApofiS069 wrote:
Hey

i see ccp have balls to nerf stuff hard so am asking if ccp have balls also to give players a choice after applying new patch and open players assigned skill points in skills that will get affected by patch.

there u would see if players "realy" like yo ideas, so if they keep their SPs where they are it will be a sign of good work but if they will put em somewhere else u guys will have a nice prove of the quality of yo devs ideas.

for example winter patch and that drastic nerf of misiles, if i even knew at beginning that something like that will happen i would never train for misiles and i have there +9,3M sps and i think this what ccp is doing is nothing else but cheating on players and scumming em for cash!

i personaly think ccp is too scared and will find 1000s of excuses why not to open SPs and mostly it will be about cash coz after nerf something, ppl will have to train other stuff if they want to have same fun from this game = more needed time = more cash for ccp from GTCs and plexes

but if ccp start opening SPs after patches for some skills or for every skill for a week or two it would be awesome and more subs for ccp instead of regequits.

Just start training for the new FOTM like everyone else does & eventually you'll get to the point where you'll stop caring about changes.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Gillia Winddancer
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-10-02 11:26:34 UTC
Do I really have to call the violin squad yet again? I only deployed them yesterday...
Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
#20 - 2012-10-02 11:26:43 UTC
Dread Pirate Pete wrote:
Torps, lights and HAMs are getting a buff, so your missile skills are still quite usefull

So are rockets and even poor old cruise gets better T2 ammo.

Fear God and Thread Nought

123Next pageLast page