These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

The Black Ops Gang's Missing Link

Author
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#21 - 2011-10-17 06:33:23 UTC
Bump!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Lyrrashae
#22 - 2011-10-20 12:42:06 UTC
Bumping for great justice!

Ni.

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#23 - 2011-10-20 13:20:27 UTC
How can "more of the same" ever be a missing link, especially when it feeds into the idiocy that is Capitals Online™?

Black Ops gangs would benefit a lot more from a refitting or cloaking logistics option, than they will from the generic "more capital dps!".

- Give the BO's a 0 (zero) m3 maintenance array to allow replenishing drones and refitting behind enemy lines.
- Make a T2 tier2 BC hull with an innate gang bonus like Titan's (ie. sans need for links) that has bonuses to RR.
- Redesign null in a way that makes deploying BO crews ahead (days/weeks) of an invasion highly advantageous.

Say no to tedious in-box thinking! Exercise and Stroke your brain like you do your e-peen and the world can be your oyster too!
Lyrrashae
#24 - 2011-10-21 17:49:08 UTC
Hirana Yoshida wrote:
How can "more of the same" ever be a missing link, especially when it feeds into the idiocy that is Capitals Online™?

The idea behind these ships is to murder capitals/supercapitals as quickly as possible, ideally keeping the gang-size small(-ish) in a ship that you don't have to be a 4+ year veteran to fly and use effectively.

Hirana Yoshida wrote:
Black Ops gangs would benefit a lot more from a refitting or cloaking logistics option, than they will from the generic "more capital dps!".

- Give the BO's a 0 (zero) m3 maintenance array to allow replenishing drones and refitting behind enemy lines.
- Make a T2 tier2 BC hull with an innate gang bonus like Titan's (ie. sans need for links) that has bonuses to RR.
- Redesign null in a way that makes deploying BO crews ahead (days/weeks) of an invasion highly advantageous.

Say no to tedious in-box thinking! Exercise and Stroke your brain like you do your e-peen and the world can be your oyster too!

Your points in order:

1) I like this idea.
2) No, there already is a gang-link bonussing ship, it's based on the Tier I BC hull, and a CovOps/Command Processor T3 can already do this, whilst being able to covert-bridge. It would be easier to give covert-bridging capability to Logistics cruisers for this to work, or even carriers.
3) The idea of BLOPs is to get in quickly, without being seen, urp-splode the loot-pinata, then get out just as quick.

3a) As long as there is local-chat, I don't see this changing anytime soon. Which is quite unfortunate. The only possible exception is having an "AFK cloaker" (in a Covert-Cyno-fitted "hunter" ArazuTwisted) in there for many days, till the locals get used to him being there, then he lights the cyno when it's time to do so.

I don't care how "in-box" you think my thinking is, luv. I only want to murder super-capitals and **** on their RMT-fattened pilots' faces in as expedient a manner as possible--fair payback for the way they've shat on our game--and I believe that this ship-type I propose will make the ability to do so accessible to many people in game, thus increasing the amount of SC pilot tears, thus keeping my ships' windscreens nice and clean. (After all, a clean windscreen = safer ship in undock-traffic!)

Ni.

Lyrrashae
#25 - 2011-12-04 22:49:53 UTC
Bump. BUMP!!

TwistedTwistedTwistedFOR GREAT JUSTICE!!TwistedTwistedTwisted

Ni.

Tarryn Nightstorm
#26 - 2011-12-06 00:04:14 UTC
To the top!

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Lyrrashae
#27 - 2011-12-12 00:03:15 UTC
Bumpity-bumpity--for great anti-SC honour!

Ni.

Lyrrashae
#28 - 2011-12-14 00:03:33 UTC
Daily bump, until I get a blue-tagged response!

ASCMD (All Super-Capitals Must Die)!!!

Ni.

Inmei T'ko
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2011-12-14 03:42:49 UTC
I like this as an anti-supercap weapon. Would be nasty versus dreads and other useless giant flying pinatas however. :(
Galphii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2011-12-14 04:52:04 UTC
Weird, I started a topic today on this as well lol. Yeah I think CovertOps would work better as anti-capital ship platforms, to combat the prominence of capital ships in the game. Just make them big stealth bombers but with capital weapons Big smile

"Wow, that internet argument completely changed my fundamental belief system," said no one, ever.

LeHarfang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2011-12-14 05:39:14 UTC
Two problem with this, the Myrmidon is'nt fit for the job since it has armor tank and drones bonuses and it can't use any launchers.

Also, the Drake would be overpowered since it already has missile bonuses.
Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2011-12-14 10:19:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Whiite
LeHarfang wrote:
Two problem with this, the Myrmidon is'nt fit for the job since it has armor tank and drones bonuses and it can't use any launchers.

Also, the Drake would be overpowered since it already has missile bonuses.

1) the Drakes bonus is on HML and HAM's missiles only

2) you change the original bonuses anyway for T2 vessels, even the greatest Drake lover understands that a black-ops version will not see the light with it's T1 Tank in place and non Caldari of the T2 Stealth Bombers

3) The Tristan isn't a missile boat though that doesn't prevent the Nemissis to shoot them.
Lyrrashae
#33 - 2012-02-21 23:15:07 UTC
Bump.

BUMP!!

For great E-Justice and Honour(TM)!

Fake-edit: ASCMD (All Super-Capitals Must Die)!

Ni.

Tarryn Nightstorm
#34 - 2012-02-25 01:28:26 UTC
BUMP!!

(Dammit!)

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-02-25 06:15:04 UTC
@OP: I like the general idea, but you need to do some research on capital ship weaponry. Also, howabout giving them a capital-size bomb launcher? It could throw out bombs that would have a tremendous explosion radius and would deal massive damage to all capital ships in the area, but not so much to little ships. They themselves would have their sig radius dramatically increased during firing of the bomb, so that it is a danger to them that they have to watch out for in addition to finding the best angle to shoot it.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Tarryn Nightstorm
#36 - 2012-02-26 01:37:54 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
@OP: I like the general idea, but you need to do some research on capital ship weaponry. Also, howabout giving them a capital-size bomb launcher? It could throw out bombs that would have a tremendous explosion radius and would deal massive damage to all capital ships in the area, but not so much to little ships. They themselves would have their sig radius dramatically increased during firing of the bomb, so that it is a danger to them that they have to watch out for in addition to finding the best angle to shoot it.

Capital ship missiles seem simple enough.

Yes to the "really, really, BIG bomb," but no to the sig-radius increase when launched.

Don't forget that it is possible to derp into your own bomb's area of effect under MWD, and this will hurt a lot. Given this, and the tactical limits imposed by putting a bomb on target, I feel it's not necessary.

(And now you know who another of sexy little Lyrra's personalities is! Blink)

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#37 - 2012-02-26 21:15:05 UTC
I like the idea generally, but think a Destroyer Hull might be better. There were suggestions some time ago related to a destroyer class Bomber used against Caps,

If there was ever Cov-Ops BCs I would like to see them built purposefully to fill the roles of solo Exploration and/or deep in enemy territory solo PvP Gank type ship.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2012-02-26 22:34:15 UTC
Xorv wrote:
If there was ever Cov-Ops BCs I would like to see them built purposefully to fill the roles of solo Exploration and/or deep in enemy territory solo PvP Gank type ship.

You can already do this with strategic cruisers.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#39 - 2012-02-26 22:58:57 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Xorv wrote:

You can do all sorts of things with all sorts of ships, especially T3s because their purposefully flexible in the roles they can fill while at the same time IMO overpowered in some respects. While all T2 Cov Ops ships are built with a specific role in mind and overall pretty underpowered. What I would like to see is more T2 CovOps built with specific role, like the anti Cap Bomber suggested in this thread, and an Exploration ship and a ship for solo (not ganged or backed up with alts) PvP mentioned by myself.
Tarryn Nightstorm
#40 - 2012-02-27 02:27:54 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Xorv wrote:

I think he meant ships that don't cost ISK 1.5bn-plus, though (let's face it, most T3s work just fine with an all-T II fit, but to really shine--especially to mitigate the offensive gimping they get when you uise the Probe, CovCloak, and/or Interdiction Nullifier subsystems--you need some expensive pimpage. EFT/Pyfa a "nullsec ninja-plexer" Tengu, and you'll see what I mean. It might be able to--with a very expensive fit--speed/sig/resist-tank that 10/10 you found, but there's no way it would even make a dent in it offensively)...

The only ship I can think of that even comes close to doing this at present is the Ishtar--mainly due to its excellent 5/5/5 slot-layout and that it doesn't depend on guns/missiles for primary DPS output--and you can't CovCloak that one, unless CCP made a nice change whilst I was sleeping.Twisted

This game does need a dedicated combat-exploration ship that can work in places where other people don't want it, though, that we can wholeheartedly agree on--and yes, BC would seem just the right size for that chassis.

(More on heavy Stealth Bomber hulls anon--because funnily enough, I've been thinking the same things of late!)

Previous page123Next page