These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unit - Communication Thread [Further research begun]

Author
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#21 - 2011-10-02 11:06:57 UTC
Babs Johnson wrote:
Oh how lovely! Do you come in a consumer model? That would be very handy for things like housekeeping and drink mixing.

I have to say, though, the "We Return" thing is a bit creepy. Is that a feature that can be turned off?

Negative pilot. The members of Unit Commune are not automatons that can be used for such duties, even though we are capable of performing them.

However we do gather that the corporation Federal Robotics does have the capacity to create androids that would serve in the stated capacity.

We hope this information is of use to you.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT. Designated Communications Officer. Unit Commune.

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#22 - 2011-10-02 11:39:25 UTC
Unit XS365BT wrote:
Babs Johnson wrote:
Oh how lovely! Do you come in a consumer model? That would be very handy for things like housekeeping and drink mixing.

I have to say, though, the "We Return" thing is a bit creepy. Is that a feature that can be turned off?

Negative pilot. The members of Unit Commune are not automatons that can be used for such duties, even though we are capable of performing them.

I'm sure slaves would be cheaper anyway. Not to mention less creepy.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#23 - 2011-10-02 18:04:16 UTC
Wow. There's just something about Yuni's response that I wish I saw more on the IGS.
Rek Jaiga
Teraa Matar
#24 - 2011-10-02 20:35:25 UTC
Unit XS365BT wrote:
At this time the entire cluster is under constant assault pilot Jaiga.
The defensive systems refer to these assaults.

Further information classified.

We Return.

The Sansha? Yeah they're all over the place attacking things. From what I gather there are a lot of capsuleers opposing them, if not for ideology then for the massive ISK CONCORD is handing out. To be honest, I've no clue what the hell Kuvakei is doing with all of this..it seems borderline pointless to jump a fleet into a constellation only to have it completely wiped out and farmed for resources. Regardless of whether or not he has reserves, the action in itself seems meaningless.

You were referring to the Sansha, right?
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#25 - 2011-10-02 21:48:10 UTC
Rek Jaiga wrote:

Confirmed pilot.

We would note that, should nation propaganda be even partially based in truth, in a war of attrition, nation forces can afford the losses that it takes the empires many years to recover from.

Ship crews, at this time, are not an infinite resource within the empires.

You yourself have claimed in the past that the deaths of nation ship crews are meaningless.

This is a situation that must be changed.

We Return.

Rek Jaiga
Teraa Matar
#26 - 2011-10-02 22:02:48 UTC
Unit XS365BT wrote:
Rek Jaiga wrote:

Confirmed pilot.

We would note that, should nation propaganda be even partially based in truth, in a war of attrition, nation forces can afford the losses that it takes the empires many years to recover from.

Ship crews, at this time, are not an infinite resource within the empires.

You yourself have claimed in the past that the deaths of nation ship crews are meaningless.

This is a situation that must be changed.

We Return.

A good point, and yes I still believe they are able to summon forth massive numbers of ships and their respective crews. What baffles me is that Nation isn't moving forward with anything.

The way I look at it, any resources that can be denied to Nation obviously means they cannot be used by Nation. With this in mind, I call into our mental focus the capsuleer nullsec alliances, who appear to be even more capable than Nation in the area of fielding huge numbers of ships and personnel. These ships and personnel are obviously going to be used against Nation, for the aforementioned reasons: ISK and possibly ideology (though in the case of nullsec alliances, the former is motivator enough). And so I think Nation can be held at bay, if not outright beaten.

Has no one considered these things?
Kentt Em'asep
Clone Red Creations
#27 - 2011-10-03 03:28:12 UTC
Interesting... I believe I had stumbled on some Sansha pilots who happened to be lurking at a old battlefield site where there was alot of wreaks. It was in a system that was at 0.6 if I remember correctly. Yet there were no public broadcasts of them being there.

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#28 - 2011-10-04 03:23:47 UTC
We request a full report be sent to us regarding this event pilot.
Request inclusion of as much data as possible regarding the encounter.

Data should include system names, timeframe, the class of any vessels you remember seeing and any other data you feel is relevant.

We Return.

Kentt Em'asep
Clone Red Creations
#29 - 2011-10-04 04:58:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kentt Em'asep
Unit XS365BT wrote:
We request a full report be sent to us regarding this event pilot.
Request inclusion of as much data as possible regarding the encounter.

Data should include system names, timeframe, the class of any vessels you remember seeing and any other data you feel is relevant.

We Return.

The event occured 4 standard days ago. I will have to get back on you which system exactly, but it was in high sec Matari space. I had decided to take a detour after finishing a contract and flew to a beacon which was marked as a battle site graveyard. After I had arrived, there were about 5-7 frigates which immediatly begain targeting myself. I did not look closely at their specific ship designs as I was attempting to escape, with memories of my first unfortuente encounter with them during an incursion of theirs. I am positive that they were frigates at least, since I was in a battleship this time my shields were only scratched before I escaped.

I do remember there being also a mobile library in the same system that was also marked with a beacon.

~"That's right. Today, tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that... from here on until forever, every time you look at my avatar - you'll see this scowl."~

~"Forever?"~

~"Yes - forever. It's what I do."~

wurblewind
Filthy Peasants
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#30 - 2011-10-04 16:52:39 UTC
Babs Johnson wrote:

Sorry to sound coarse, Mdmslle. Johnson, but Unit is not a toy. She is a very sophisticated human-machine hybrid (not necessarily cyborg) capable of things most robotics experts couldn't fathom, even if they could replicate the process that made her who she is. I ask that everyone respect this.

-Keep low, fly fast, die well.

[center]Keep low, fly fast, die well.[/center]

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#31 - 2011-10-16 18:26:37 UTC
Further testing of project 'Silent Dusk' completed.
Controller range increased to 0.72 AU.
Radius of effect increased to 2.75 KM.

Deployment system returned to Yulai to await CONCORD evaluation.

We Return.

wurblewind
Filthy Peasants
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#32 - 2011-10-17 04:11:41 UTC
"Silent Dusk", eh? I suppose the scientific path is just like you, Yuni, and from that can spawn weapons research. Just be careful of what you dig up, my friend. Not everyone with authority is pure, and Nation has relied on infiltrators before. What?

[center]Keep low, fly fast, die well.[/center]

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#33 - 2011-10-17 06:00:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Day-amn....

You are a most...intriguing...individual.

(Or might "individual," strictly speaking, be a misnomer?)

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#34 - 2011-10-17 12:36:33 UTC
Pilot Wurblewind.

To ensure that no breach of Directive Omega-One-Five occurs, it is neccessary to allow CONCORD oversight in regards to this project.
However, we are aware that CONCORD has, at some level, been compromised by Nation activity. We remain vigilant.

Pilot Nightstorm.

We are notified of this trait on a regular basis.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#35 - 2011-10-24 22:58:58 UTC
Update.

Project Silent Dusk live test complete.
Estimate 72% efficiency.

Field targetting & realignment speed insufficient.
Awaiting results of upgrade simulations.

We Return.

StalinGrad6
Doomheim
#36 - 2011-10-26 06:22:00 UTC
Hello Yuni dear, good to see youre back and still going strong.

I seem to remember we were good friends once.... Id like to be good friends again.

A little chat perhaps? Id like to know what i can do to help you a bit... you know, for old times sake.
Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#37 - 2011-10-26 14:11:45 UTC
Pilot StalinGrad6.

Considering the actions of yourself and your family prior to your most recent disappearance and publicised death, specifically regarding some of those capsuleers we classed as good friends, we respectfully decline your offer of assistance.

We wish you well in your future endeavours in the cluster, however, we will not be partaking in them.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#38 - 2011-10-31 14:53:22 UTC
All units return to Haven immediately.
Purpose : Classified.
Directive Enforcement protocol Omicron.

We Return.

Unit XS365BT
Unit Commune
#39 - 2011-11-04 00:58:01 UTC
Protocol Omicron action complete.
Return to previous assignments.

We Return.

Tama Hound
Perkone
Caldari State
#40 - 2011-11-06 11:55:05 UTC
Welcome back Unit X.

͈͉͐ͯ̏͒̎̈͒̀W̛̦̋ͦͩͭ͆e̸̼̖͖̯̤̩̝͐͆͋͛ ̘̹̙m̨͕̰̿ͤͦ͑͗̎i̘̦̬ͨ͌ͫ̒̋̎̅́s͎̤̥͔͎̾̓̓͐ͯ̓͋s͌͊̍ͬ̏ͫ͟è̪̻̫͍͊̚d̴̹̮͒ ̢͎̪̦̓̋͆̿̆y̨̭̰͖̝̰ͧ̅̀͊ͣo̲͎̐̓ͪͨ̉͐ͨ͡u͓̲̘̹̠͝.̮̮̅

I shall be brief. I have recently been having some problems with my cyber implants, headachs mostly but occasionally I also lose small sections of my memory, 5 to 10 minuets at most. Every medical facility I have gone to has dismissed it as stress or just the usual software problems but my brother is not so convinced. He recommended I try and speak with someone who had more... experience... with cyberisation.
Without wishing to cause offence a cyborg like yourself seems like my best bet here. I understand your efforts against the Nation probably take up most of your time so I will understand if you decline my request for assistance here. If not, please contact me at your earliest convenience.