These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

[UNITY] RFS Kuvan's Breach: Oddelulf bound

Author
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#21 - 2012-09-28 22:46:33 UTC
You mean like that time when Republic Fleet shot down that Salvation Angel humanitarian relief party in Molden Heath?

I think it's more a matter of karma this time.
Yes, republicans are savages. Genocidal, concord ignoring savages, as Mekhios has witnessed a couple years ago.
Now you're in a similar situation and Angels are suddenly the bad guys.
I am no supporter of random criminal niches like the Angel Cartel, but I can without holding back say your government and people earned this fate over their heads.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#22 - 2012-09-28 22:59:48 UTC
Leopold Caine wrote:
You mean like that time when Republic Fleet shot down that Salvation Angel humanitarian relief party in Molden Heath?

Yes, republicans are savages. Genocidal, concord ignoring savages, as Mekhios has witnessed a couple years ago.
I am no supporter of random criminal niches like the Angel Cartel, but I can without holding back say your government and people earned this fate over their heads.

The Ushra'Khan is not the Republic government, nor the Republic Fleet, and neither are those civilians in need of support. Or do you simply brand every Republic citizen some sort of war criminal by association?

http://uglebsjournal.wordpress.com/

The Jotunn Risi are now recruiting, Brutor ancestry required in order to best represent the Brutor interest.  Join channel JORIS to learn more!

Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#23 - 2012-09-28 23:17:34 UTC
Ugleb wrote:
...and neither are those civilians in need of support.

Wrong. They are republic citizens and have voted for that government.

Ain't democracy cute like that.

And need of support? I think systems like that and their residents have needed support for a lot longer than since two days ago. General investments in local infrastructure and economical development.

Instead, now those systems suddenly hit the news and people like yourself are trying to cash in some political points on the plight of the common man.

Skarkon did a nice example of how sometimes the best way of dealing with Republic's problems is just leaving it... and if I may freely say so, Shakor's administration is way more problematic than Midular's was.

However, the sad part of all of this is that in the end it's the common citizens suffering the most, used as puppets by Shakor's warmongering regime. My prayers will go to the families of people killed during these operations in either case.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
Wild Geese.
#24 - 2012-09-29 04:10:15 UTC
Ugleb wrote:
Or do you simply brand every Republic citizen some sort of war criminal by association?

I have noticed this type of nearsightedness from an alarming amount of Amarr. Sad, really.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#25 - 2012-09-29 04:36:30 UTC
Why even bother responding to the usual (imperial loyalist) suspects who always turn up to spout their tired and totally irrelevant arguments? Too bad the IGS doesn't have a proper 'block' function. Some days I nearly wear my fingers off scrolling through the rubbish posts...

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Silas Vitalia
Nobilita Nera
#26 - 2012-09-29 05:01:37 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
Why even bother responding to the usual (imperial loyalist) suspects who always turn up to spout their tired and totally irrelevant arguments? Too bad the IGS doesn't have a proper 'block' function. Some days I nearly wear my fingers off scrolling through the rubbish posts...

You'll find the 'hide posts' option directly below the portrait of the offending capsuleer you wish to no longer read about.

And the irony of U'K rushing to conduct humanitarian aide a day late and a few ships short is the height of relevancy (and humor).

"We come for our people" has turned into "We come for our Flora!"

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#27 - 2012-09-29 07:25:59 UTC
Ugleb wrote:
Leopold Caine wrote:

The Ushra'Khan is not the Republic government, nor the Republic Fleet, and neither are those civilians in need of support. Or do you simply brand every Republic citizen some sort of war criminal by association?

The Ushra'Khan does however support Shakor, and is always willing to defend his actions.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#28 - 2012-09-29 09:40:39 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
The Ushra'Khan does however support Shakor, and is always willing to defend his actions.

It doesn't really matter, whom they support or not.
They are willingly wearing insignia of enemies of the State and the Empire, and thus they are direct threat to civilized world and they should be destroyed on sight like legal targets.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Amaki Mai
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-09-29 09:47:12 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:

Today I learn that when Angel Cartel terorrists attack a Minmatar owned, operated and DEFENDED installation, somehow the Empire is to blame.

Not that I care about not getting invited to Ushra'Khan dinner parties, but it would be a lot more efficient to find and punish the ACTUAL perpetrators in this case.
Astraeos Khan
Sarano Planetary Goods Distribution
#30 - 2012-09-29 11:14:24 UTC
i just cant wait, to get back at them. Our kaddishes will be swift and i spirit strong.

"We have struggled through pain and grief; we have faced our torments with unbowed heads; we have lived as men. And in the end, what counts is not the years in our lives, but the unyielding life in our years." - Inscription from a stone in the Remembering

zoolkhan
Mirkur Draug'Tyr
Ushra'Khan
#31 - 2012-09-29 11:17:22 UTC

Quote:
"These are bad times and there is no telling if this is a one-off or the beginning of further attacks....but one thing for certain....there will be repercussions".

We have deployed a SpecOPs Team into the area, and also diverted a SigInt team from less important tasks.

Next time we are ready, sir!

CEO Mirkur Draug'tyr - your window to the target

We recruit special ops pilots in our channel "xxxxx"

Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#32 - 2012-09-29 11:52:02 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:

I for one supported the end of Midular's regime and welcomed the change in leadership. But I do not regard Shakor as some sort of 'saviour', he was simply the best candidate to take over at the time. In the four years or so since the events following the 'Elder War', I have watched and waited to see what would happen. I, and the Ushra'Khan, did not return home to the Republic for a long time afterwards, our relationship to the Republic remained distant and wary until recent months. Old wounds do not heal overnight.

In my personal opinion, Shakor has yet to live up to his early promise. His vision of a 'Tribal Republic' is widely seen as a stalled initiative, for years now the Minmatar people have been collectively holding their breath and waiting.

My support remains where it always has; with the Minmatar people. I remain wary of the government, even if I do still allow myself some hope that Shakor can deliver on that early promise. Will Shakor's Republic show better handling of the Cartel than Midular did at Skarkon? Time will soon tell if he is the leader we hoped for.

Regardless of that, there are people out there reeling from attack and we shall do what we can. The Cartel could launch another dozen strikes, it only makes the mission more imperative, not less. As the situation develops, we shall all learn what more can be done about it. Some of our pilots have already been involved in direct intervention, so we do not stand idle.

The Jotunn Risi are now recruiting, Brutor ancestry required in order to best represent the Brutor interest.  Join channel JORIS to learn more!

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
Wild Geese.
#33 - 2012-09-29 13:26:07 UTC
Amaki Mai wrote:
Anabella Rella wrote:

Today I learn that when Angel Cartel terorrists attack a Minmatar owned, operated and DEFENDED installation, somehow the Empire is to blame.

There's no proof that it's the Amarr's fault, and AFAIK nobody's directly blamed them. They did, however, jump at the opportunity to hamper humanitarian efforts, backing their enthusiasm up with tired arguments. That's what Anabella is referring to.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Aquila Shadow
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#34 - 2012-09-29 14:39:09 UTC
While i wouldn't go so far as to say the Minmatar are savages, it wasn't that long ago that members of the Ushra'Khan alliance attacked and slaughtered a CONCORD military task force called 'Operation ISHAEKA' that was investigating the presence of Nation forces in the Monolaz Constellation. They then went on to try to justify their actions saying things like CONCORD were favoring the Amarr and that CONCORD were keeping secrets for the Minmatar government despite the fact Operation ISHAEKA is a multinational task force.

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#35 - 2012-09-29 15:51:35 UTC
Amaki Mai wrote:

Not that I care about not getting invited to Ushra'Khan dinner parties, but it would be a lot more efficient to find and punish the ACTUAL perpetrators in this case.

You might want to stop being so defensive and actually READ what I said, pilot. I didn't blame your empire for anything. I blamed some of its citizens and surrogates for entering yet another thread that had nothing whatsoever to do with them in order to rehash their grievances and/or their prejudiced opinions.

We know full well that the Angel pirates were responsible for this criminal act and they will be dealt with.

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#36 - 2012-09-29 16:09:25 UTC
Aquila Shadow wrote:
While i wouldn't go so far as to say the Minmatar are savages, it wasn't that long ago that members of the Ushra'Khan alliance attacked and slaughtered a CONCORD military task force called 'Operation ISHAEKA' that was investigating the presence of Nation forces in the Monolaz Constellation. They then went on to try to justify their actions saying things like CONCORD were favoring the Amarr and that CONCORD were keeping secrets for the Minmatar government despite the fact Operation ISHAEKA is a multinational task force.

Not that it has anything to do with the current issue at stake, but we were investigating a situation where the Imperial Navy had been placed in direct command over CONCORD DED forces. I have yet to find a comparable example where any other sovereign nation was given command authority over CONCORD forces. It remains a matter of concern, although few can see past their fear of Sansha long enough to recognise that situation for the anomaly it is.

But that shall be my final comment on the matter here, let's try not to get further distracted from the matter at hand, shall we?

Caviar Liberta
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-09-29 17:53:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Caviar Liberta
Ugleb wrote:
Aquila Shadow wrote:

Not that it has anything to do with the current issue at stake, but we were investigating a situation where the Imperial Navy had been placed in direct command over CONCORD DED forces. I have yet to find a comparable example where any other sovereign nation was given command authority over CONCORD forces. It remains a matter of concern, although few can see past their fear of Sansha long enough to recognise that situation for the anomaly it is.

But that shall be my final comment on the matter here, let's try not to get further distracted from the matter at hand, shall we?

From the FIO Fluid Router Intercept Archives [TIME STAMP: YC112.01.08 13:32:00][Origin: Ugleb : Sarz'na Khumatari :Ushra'Khan]

Early on in the Arek'jaalan Project, CONCORD issued a decree forbidding participating Capsuleers from prying into CONCORD's affairs within the Monalaz constellation. The members of Arek'jaalan agreed to abide by CONCORD's wishes and have by and large steered clear from then on.

While this was interesting, it was of limited interest to myself my comrades. That was until we more recently came across a second piece of information; that whatever has been going on in Monalaz was not simply a CONCORD affair. We heard rumour of Amarrian special ops forces alongside DED operatives.

Over the past week myself and a few of my Ushra'Khan brothers have mounted an investigation into Monalaz. After some searching we discovered some...curious information. CONCORD is indeed active within the Monalaz constellation, and they have been working closely with Amarrian special forces known as 'The Justicars'.

We have discovered multiple sites of activity and found that this 'Operation ISHAEKA' is adept at relocating operations swiftly upon discovery. And at covering their tracks. On the evening of January 6th, a three ship strike team consisting of myself, StarCasher and Marus Sulla penetrated the
outer defences of this clandestine facility within the Access system and engaged the Imperial 'Justicar' forces there. The CONCORD units immediately joined the engagement alongside their Amarrian wingmen.
Amaki Mai
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-09-29 18:43:16 UTC
Petrus Blackshell wrote:
Amaki Mai wrote:
Anabella Rella wrote:

There's no proof that it's the Amarr's fault, and AFAIK nobody's directly blamed them. They did, however, jump at the opportunity to hamper humanitarian efforts, backing their enthusiasm up with tired arguments. That's what Anabella is referring to.

Oh well, then. Fair enough. I'm not sure quite HOW to view the recent Cartel attacks, but I certainly don't take any pleasure in the destruction of a treasure like a biodiversity vault. I also believe that humanitarian aid should be exempt from the hostilities that currently exist.
Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#39 - 2012-09-29 18:47:28 UTC
Caviar Liberta wrote:
From the FIO Fluid Router Intercept Archives [TIME STAMP: YC112.01.08 13:32:00][Origin: Ugleb : Sarz'na Khumatari :Ushra'Khan]

Early on in the Arek'jaalan Project, CONCORD issued a decree forbidding participating Capsuleers from prying into CONCORD's affairs within the Monalaz constellation. The members of Arek'jaalan agreed to abide by CONCORD's wishes and have by and large steered clear from then on.

While this was interesting, it was of limited interest to myself my comrades. That was until we more recently came across a second piece of information; that whatever has been going on in Monalaz was not simply a CONCORD affair. We heard rumour of Amarrian special ops forces alongside DED operatives.

Over the past week myself and a few of my Ushra'Khan brothers have mounted an investigation into Monalaz. After some searching we discovered some...curious information. CONCORD is indeed active within the Monalaz constellation, and they have been working closely with Amarrian special forces known as 'The Justicars'.

We have discovered multiple sites of activity and found that this 'Operation ISHAEKA' is adept at relocating operations swiftly upon discovery. And at covering their tracks. On the evening of January 6th, a three ship strike team consisting of myself, StarCasher and Marus Sulla penetrated the
outer defences of this clandestine facility within the Access system and engaged the Imperial 'Justicar' forces there. The CONCORD units immediately joined the engagement alongside their Amarrian wingmen.

As stated, I will not respond further here. But as you persist, I have split off this discussion instead.

DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#40 - 2012-09-30 09:15:47 UTC
At 1900 hours last night, a unified fleet, consisting of Ushra'Khan, Damu'Khonde and others supporting the delivery of aid, made their way towards Oddelulf.

Led by Mr Barista, our fleet was met by resistance upon arrival by members of Gunpoint Diplomacy and Capital Punishment. It is not known if these pirates were in Oddelulf with the intention of stopping our mission, or if they are in support of the Angel Cartel and their atrocities in Oddelulf and Bogelek.

Small skirmishes broke out and our Freighter successfully arrived at its destination without coming under fire. Antibiotics x 183304, Dairy Products x 100,000, Frozen Food x 339535, Wheat x 250,000, Frozen Plant Seeds x 150,000, Construction Blocks x 50,000, Silicate Glass x 25,000 were delivered to Oddelulf almost 2 hours after our departure.

Couriers have already begun to deliver packages from each of these aid blocks towards Bogelek this morning.

The support shown during this mission has been outstanding and shows the true strength of the Matari in the face of those who attack our people.

Ushra'Khan Leader + Founder // T.R.I.A.D CEO // EVEPANDORA.COM

Previous page123Next page