These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

[Issue] 13 000 Bookmark Limit

Author
Via Shivan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-18 08:52:57 UTC
CCP raise that Limit to 30k - 13k is not enough or give me something to "quick" remove and add packs of BM's (beside delete) Roll
Year 2012 and we have a Bookmark limit feels like 1900...
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#2 - 2012-07-18 13:48:52 UTC
How about this: adding an "archive" functionality to bookmarks that would allow you to archive bookmark groups. This would remove them from your BM list and from the primary bookmark database, but saves them in such a way they can be retrieved easily if they're needed. Technical limitations would probably require there to be a delay in storage and retrieval, but that would just be part of the archiving process. That way you could do things like have groups from each region, and when you know you're going to be moving a long distance, you can start by archiving the BMs you won't need and retrieving the ones you will. Ten minutes later (or whatever), those are loaded up and you're good to go.

I briefly thought about the idea of exporting to XML, but that would be hugely abused from day 1.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Taliah Meyhin
#3 - 2012-09-25 18:33:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Taliah Meyhin
At least, I would like to be able to create sub-folders for bookmarks.

Because currently, here is what we have :

Personnal Locations
---> Folder 1
---> Folder 2
---> Folder 3

I would be nice to be able to create sub-folders like that :

Personnal Locations
---> Folder 1
--------> sub-folder A
--------> sub-folder B

---> Folder 2
--------> sub-folder C

---> Folder 3
--------> sub-folder D
--------> sub-folder E
--------> sub-folder F
--------> sub-folder G

Lexar Mundi
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-09-30 06:36:21 UTC
probably not what your looking for but you can drag and drop bookmarks in to your cargo hold and save them in a station or POS until they find out what to do about it.
nat longshot
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-10-02 19:48:49 UTC  |  Edited by: nat longshot
why sub folders? you have folders allready .

[13:12:18] CCP Punkturis nat longshot you're a cutie.. OH YAH I WIN!!

Taliah Meyhin
#6 - 2012-10-05 16:05:05 UTC
1. to be able to have 3 main folders :
- highsec
- lowsec
- nullsec

2. to classify more efficiently

3 ... ?

Taliah Meyhin
#7 - 2012-11-30 11:22:55 UTC
Santiago Fahahrri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-12-01 14:43:46 UTC
Bookmarks differentiate good scouts from excellent scouts. I support this. I don't care about the sub-folders, I do want unrestricted bookmarking.
Tarunik Raqalth'Qui
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-12-02 16:46:13 UTC
While you're at it, could you boost the corp bookmark limit as well? I have lost count of how many times we have bumped into it and had to go pawing through deleting bookmarks that may not be ready to expire out...
Besina Echerie
Vermona Collective
#10 - 2012-12-15 07:48:10 UTC
nat longshot wrote:
why sub folders? you have folders allready .

Because we get these gifreakingnourmous mountains of bookmarks to scroll through really fast really fast? I mean, i'm leaving a folder for each system I go to and some of those systems it's already annoying to scroll up and down finding things, and i'm using naming to sort things too. I end up feeling like it's the most often used interface I have to use, and it's barely more usable than MS-DOS. It's really clunky and annoying and it frustrates me, and I have to fiddle with its annoyingness every time I jump.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-12-17 03:53:25 UTC
How about encrypted bookmark packs that are only readable by the client that can be installed out of game similar to the way overview settings are? I'm sick of spending two hours importing bookmarks.
Taliah Meyhin
#12 - 2012-12-26 20:27:19 UTC
Shocked Why the need to encrypt them on he player's computer ? It's not sensitive data...
Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#13 - 2012-12-27 09:05:38 UTC
Do you people honestly use 13k bookmarks.... all the time?

I doubt it.

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Santiago Fahahrri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-12-28 01:08:35 UTC
Asuka Solo wrote:
Do you people honestly use 13k bookmarks.... all the time?

I doubt it.

Of course we don't use them all the time. Can only use the ones in the system I'm in *at the time*, however it's damn nice to jump into a new system, right-click, and find a full menu of safe, tactical, and scanning bookmarks readily available from the last time I was there.
Taliah Meyhin
#15 - 2012-12-31 13:21:32 UTC
Besina Echerie wrote:
Because we get these gifreakingnourmous mountains of bookmarks to scroll through really fast really fast? I mean, i'm leaving a folder for each system I go to and some of those systems it's already annoying to scroll up and down finding things, and i'm using naming to sort things too. I end up feeling like it's the most often used interface I have to use, and it's barely more usable than MS-DOS. It's really clunky and annoying and it frustrates me, and I have to fiddle with its annoyingness every time I jump.

I totally agree.
Taliah Meyhin
#16 - 2013-01-25 21:45:44 UTC
Taliah Meyhin
#17 - 2013-02-04 20:12:36 UTC
shameless bump.
Let's add sub-folders for bookmarks.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-04-20 07:11:37 UTC
Taliah Meyhin wrote:
Shocked Why the need to encrypt them on he player's computer ? It's not sensitive data...

I guess I should have come back to this thread huh?

Because otherwise players would be able to easily manipulate it to create deep safes.
Taliah Meyhin
#19 - 2013-04-28 06:11:43 UTC
Cyprus Black
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-05-04 23:48:32 UTC
I'll profess my ignorance on the subject, but do you really need that many bookmarks?

I've barely got under 50 bookmarks and most of them are in systems I hardly ever visit.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

12Next page