These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Logistic mail Idea: "Save Attempt"

Author
I'm Down
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-09-28 01:36:28 UTC  |  Edited by: I'm Down
There's not very many ways to get logistics on to kill mails from a practical design standpoint. So rather than look at offensive statistics for logistics pilots, lets add a portion to current killmails called:

Save Attempts

On a death mail of friendly pilots, save attempts will categorize a logistics pilot's attempt to save the pilot from death and include total shield or armor contributed before the pilots death.

If a logistic mistakenly applies both reps and some form of damage, he/she would appear in both the kill mail portion and the Save Attempt portion.

This would allow logistics to show statistically what they are doing, how productively they are doing it, and provide them a new form of bragging rights. It would also help to separate what a Defensive action is on a pilot versus an offensive action.

Kill boards could then be set to track both offensive and defensive actions of pilots and make everyone have those happy feelgood moments.

Mail would look like the following:

Quote:

2012.09.02 20:26

Victim: I'm Down
Corp: Macabre Votum
Alliance: Against ALL Authorities
Faction: None
Destroyed: Vengeance
System: CZK-ZQ
Security: 0.0
Damage Taken: 6821

Involved parties:

Attackers:

Name: Bambam
Security: -1.7
Corp: Bedrock
Alliance: 2150 AD
Ship: Cynabal
Weapon: Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Damage Done: 6821

Save Attempts:

Name: Onery
Security: -1.7
Corp: House Of Fools
Alliance: Bamo
Ship: Oneiros
Tool: Large Armor Repairer II
Support Recieved: 2100

Destroyed items:

Caldari Navy Nova Rocket, Qty: 41
'Limos' Rocket Launcher I, Qty: 3
Limited 1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket, Qty: 497 (Cargo)
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I, Qty: 2

Dropped items:

Salvager II
'Limos' Rocket Launcher I
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket, Qty: 41
Cap Recharger II
Warp Disruptor II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Centii C-Type Small Armor Repairer

Aiifa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-09-28 07:08:25 UTC
the best logistics pilots may never have a ship they are repping die.

though there would be other uses for these statistics. Sadly kms are unwieldy enough as is.
I'm Down
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-09-28 08:01:35 UTC
Aiifa wrote:
the best logistics pilots may never have a ship they are repping die.

though there would be other uses for these statistics. Sadly kms are unwieldy enough as is.

Yes, but that's more a need to tone down how logistics work. Unkillable should never be possible. There should be some form of erosion over time that this game is sorely lacking. Logistics were never intended to prevent death, only prolong it.
Lavayar
Haidamaky
UA Fleets
#4 - 2012-09-28 09:58:56 UTC
Nice idea

It's not about killmails. Just to evaluate logistic pilot contribution
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#5 - 2012-09-28 10:15:29 UTC
I think they should just flag a ship as active if it is participating in the battle, and then pile it on to the end of the kill-mail. Same goes for gang boosters and the rest. No need to tell how much or exactly what it did, just the fact it was active and is now visible on the killboard should be enough.

Save the 3rd party sites a lot of work too.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#6 - 2012-09-28 15:04:50 UTC
Try this idea: Saved Mails

If a ship takes more damage than it repaired / regenerated on it's own, and still survived due to a logi making up that difference, send a 'Saved mail' out.

Ship XXXXX took more damage than it could handle, but Pilot XXXXXXX flying a XXXXXX kept it alive and flying.

List top damage repper, followed in order by those repping lesser amounts.
I'm Down
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-09-28 15:17:12 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:

If a ship takes more damage than it repaired / regenerated on it's own, and still survived due to a logi making up that difference, send a 'Saved mail' out.

Ship XXXXX took more damage than it could handle, but Pilot XXXXXXX flying a XXXXXX kept it alive and flying.

You can't do that Easily as there is no definitive end to when the ship is saved. Killmails have a definitive end.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#8 - 2012-09-28 15:21:22 UTC
I'm Down wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:

You can't do that Easily as there is no definitive end to when the ship is saved. Killmails have a definitive end.

A ship can be saved many times.

In this case, I would flag it to send a mail if the conditions were met, and the pilot either:
Left the system
Docked at an outpost
or simply logged out.

Basically, any condition that takes the ship out of space that doesn't involve a kill mail on it.
I'm Down
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-28 15:58:58 UTC
Nikk Narrel wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:

In this case, I would flag it to send a mail if the conditions were met, and the pilot either:
Left the system
Docked at an outpost
or simply logged out.

Basically, any condition that takes the ship out of space that doesn't involve a kill mail on it.

You do know session change is one of the bulk contributors to game lag already as told by Developers. You're wanting to tie more to that load?
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#10 - 2012-09-28 21:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nikk Narrel
I'm Down wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
I'm Down wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:

Left the system
Docked at an outpost
or simply logged out.

You do know session change is one of the bulk contributors to game lag already as told by Developers. You're wanting to tie more to that load?

1>>> Ship destruction is a session change.
2>>> This adds no more than a kill mail already does, but obviously these are replacing kill mails for many ships. It is this specific exchange of this for the kill mail that is being recognized. Without the logi, it would have been a kill mail.

3>>> You are moving this action to what is most likely a non combat point for the pilot, so is less critical for the server than the heat of combat where the kill mail creating session change normally occurs. You are shifting the load away from a combat situation, which is a good thing.