These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Buckingham: Feedback and bug reports for the integration between EVE and DUST 514

First post
Author
CCP Habakuk
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2012-09-07 16:47:03 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Habakuk
Hi!

Please post all feedback for the current version of the EVE-DUST integration on Buckingham in this thread. Please make sure to also write bug reports about all bugs, which you encounter on Buckingham.

CCP Habakuk | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five 0 | (Team Gridlock)

Bug reporting | Mass Testing

Kaildoth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-09-08 14:14:39 UTC
A bunch of dust items on the market are bugged, both in market window and show info. They don't appear at all.
And the new drop down menu (with the new options) on the chat window doesn't disappear when you click esc. (Don't know if this is working as intended).

Other than that i don't really know what should we test with this new build. What?
Luc Chastot
#3 - 2012-09-08 15:43:28 UTC
What do you mean by "planetary graphics updates"? What are the updates? Planets look the same to me.

You would probably get more people testing in Buckingham if we thought there was anything to test.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Nomistrav
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-09-08 19:41:23 UTC
Luc Chastot wrote:
What do you mean by "planetary graphics updates"? What are the updates? Planets look the same to me.

You would probably get more people testing in Buckingham if we thought there was anything to test.

If there's a battle going on on the planet you can see explosions occasionally. We're going to be testing Live Orbital Striking.

"As long as space endures,

as long as sentient beings exist,

until then, may I too remain

and dispel the miseries of the world."

~ Vremaja Idama

Flamespar
WarRavens
#5 - 2012-09-10 04:09:03 UTC
Specific details please on what it is we are meant to be testing or I'm going to bother logging in.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2012-09-10 14:28:53 UTC
Flamespar wrote:
Specific details please on what it is we are meant to be testing or I'm going to bother logging in.

Market: Exercise as much of the market as possible; including buying and selling directly, placing buy/sell orders that are not filled immediately, buying and selling from/to NPCs and making sure orders evolve correctly (note differences between skills books and BPs vs. commodities). Take special note of region specifics and ranges.

Inventory: All inventory operations. A lot of it will be covered in the market tests, but also moving things between hangars, into and from corp hangars, trading, undocking and docking, spawning stuff, blowing stuff up.

Sessions: Session changes as in docking/undocking, jumping between systems on the same node and on different nodes, contacting different services (market, character, corp/alliance, chat, …), moving in and out of fleet.

Characters: Make sure that all aspects of characters function.

Corporations: Make sure that EVE corporations works, creating, disbanding, corp mechanics (such as no CONCORD response), corp chat, corp hangar, corp member tracking, roles, etc.

Chat: All aspects of all types of chat. Private, fleet, local, etc. EVE Voice as well.

Fleets: Everything.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Nemnapos
Shaja Inc.
#7 - 2012-09-12 06:54:32 UTC
In the Chat Windows the button is Missing for enter an new Chat/Chatlist.
Blue Harrier
#8 - 2012-09-12 13:05:36 UTC
Logged in today to biomass a character on TQ and noted the mass test tomorrow so thought I would check out the new set up on Buckingham.

So feedback;

Copy TQ setup to new folder: check
Make a new shortcut as advised: check
Add /server details as advised: check
Run shortcut: check
Launcher runs and creates new patch: check
Patch installs and [Play] button lights up: check
Click [Play] button and client starts to load but stops with a ‘Checking Status’ message on the log in screen: Hmmm
Ah Ha, realise my firewall has probably blocked the client as it’s new so tab out and check, yep firewall is getting miffed with new client. Authorise new client and tab back in.
Log in and answer the ULA and get a message ‘Welcome to Buckingham’, so far so good.

Client loads and we are in the CQ, everything seems to work as on TQ so that’s OK then.
Change to Hanger View and ship spinning seems fine.
Check out the [Esc] menu and make changes as required, nothing new that I can see here so go back to hanger.

Next I set up my chat windows, what’s this, chat windows have changes, new drop down menus, and the add windows bubble has gone. Oh bother (being polite here), how do I add the ‘Buckingham’ chat window. Finally find it under the [Chat] button on the Neocom, not exactly user friendly but whatever, it works.

Change ship with drag and drop, yep that’s ok, open cargo hold and set the windows for open as secondary, yep that’s working.
Undock and check cargo hold in space, that’s ok, hey this is not on we should have had bugs by now, no fair CCP.

Do a scan using on board scanner, this is getting boring, that works as well.
Dock up and change to scanning Helios, undock and scan for ‘life forms’ (see STTNG), find an almost there 0.15% hit.
Use 5 probes and after much careful scanning get it to 99.76 then 100% and find a Grav site with asteroids I’ve never met in 4 years of playing. Never found one of those in my home system before.

This afternoon I’ll fly to another system and check out the market and see if that works, I’ll also see how PI can be set up with this new system, that is if CCP don’t do their usual and shut down the server just after I log in Blink.

P.S. couldn’t find Wills or Kate Big smile

"You wait - time passes, Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." from The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum 1982.

Meolyne
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-13 23:16:51 UTC
Almost created a new thread for this but... oh well, it's intended for Devs so i made their work easier.

Well, today i read i could see "Districts" on Buckingham... So i quickly grabbed my saitek X52Pro, started my Ka50 APU then.. oh wait....

here's my trip to the surface ! Yep that's right !

1 - Contact Tower

2 - Begin Approach
Note : Contact lost with Tower, once off grid.

3 - District ground

4 - Sub-Level B1
Note, is this District 9 over there ?

Well, it seems i've missed the land strip. One more try.
[Mode Bug On]

5 - What the hell is this ?
6 - Or this ??
7 - District on the hidden face of Earth

Ok there are some bugs obviously P hold fast !
devilish instability
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-09-14 22:54:01 UTC
Its ALWAYS offline, any way to fix it?Evil
Art2uR
Bean-shidh
The Nameless Alliance
#11 - 2012-09-15 11:58:40 UTC
Hi I found A bug with Starmap

When You leave scaner probe in space and you jump thru Gate Map View will froze up and thee is no way to unlocke it. even after docking to station.
There is no possibility to see starmap just frozen view of last system.

http://ar2ur.com/2012.09.15.11.49.30.jpg

Regards
Mangone
Plan.B
#12 - 2012-09-15 14:49:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Mangone
Local chat is not working for me. It shows all black but it does say how many pilots are in local and currently its 31. Also there is no option to join channels. I got podded and i cant join moveme channel so my testing is done.
Sulzer Wartzilla
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2012-09-15 21:03:51 UTC
Getting the above-mentioned texture bug as well. The district will change its texture from the transparent cityscape to what appears to be the textures for the metallic head-things Amarr characters can pick in place of hair. Lol

http://i.imgur.com/Yof39.jpg

This happens consistently whenever I tab out and back in to the game.
Flamespar
WarRavens
#14 - 2012-09-18 05:02:06 UTC
I have also experienced all of those issues
h4kun4
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-09-20 09:04:40 UTC
Some things would be nice on Buckingham (which were on sisi)

Re-Seed Faction and Complex items on Testserver...i cant even test a normal rattingfit for my mach, and i am not alone...in the moment nobody ratting in 00 space with a good fit can test a better ship because most 00 Space T2 fits are redicolously undertanked or too low on dps. For example, a T2 fitted Mach cant even really tank a hard level 4 on Shield, how should it tank even an "Angel Haven"?
Also solo PvP fits for Frigs or HACs are often using cheap C-Type or B-Type modules...C-Type adaptive nano plating 14 mil Jita...c-type 1mn afterburner, 12 mil jita...just why
Have they been removed because everybody was hanging out in C-6 with overexpensive fitted vangels doing lolwut-PvP?
Thats a joke...

Meolyne
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-09-20 11:34:16 UTC
Add a script to remove cans after 2h would be nice too...
right now my sanctum made 3days ago still have the cans in space (after salvage)P
Raj Matheo
The Raj Corporation
#17 - 2012-09-26 10:52:20 UTC
I have noticed a possible bug with selecting districts, specificaly the ability to select multible districts after alt-tabing from the client. Bug report 144551.
Blue Lo
HALO - United Nations Space Command
Absolute Glory
#18 - 2012-09-28 10:35:02 UTC
No deadspace or faction items on the market to test, dunno if this is a bug or a feature.
Matthew97
#19 - 2012-09-28 10:42:55 UTC
Blue Lo wrote:
No deadspace or faction items on the market to test, dunno if this is a bug or a feature.

Deadspace / faction was unseeded intentionally as everyone was using them to test personal fitting rather than the game
Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2012-09-28 11:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Aethlyn
I really like the new chat window design/layout. However it took me a good moment to figure out on how to join chat channels now.

My suggestion: The last chat window tab in a window should have a small "+" right next to its tab, similar to all common browsers (and the ingame browser as well to some extend). People should immediately be able to grasp it's functionality. As an alternative, there could be a new entry under the gear button. If there's already an entry somewhere outside the Neocom chat button, I obviously missed it.

Edit: While at it, it would be nice for the browser tabs to use the same system rather than having those +/- buttons on the far left/right.

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

12Next page