These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

IVY League: A scrubs guide to griefing

First post First post
Author
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#321 - 2012-09-24 18:38:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Erotica 1
I have read over half this thread (gave up after a couples pages of everyone quoting each other walls of text) and am very surprised no one has yet offered isk doubling services.

Judging from the many ships lost in war, it only seems appropriate that these eve-uni guys be given an opportunity to replenish their isk reserves so that they may set out in brand new ships to explore the wondererful world of eve online.

Luckily for you I have arrived, because almost every isk doubler is actually a scammer, but I am not.

Just see my bio for rules so that you do not accidentally make a donation. Sadly (well happily for me) I actually make a net profit running a legitimate isk doubling operation.

*** as a special offer for Eve-University corp members, if you start out your initial investment with at least 250 million isk, I will throw in an extra 25% bonus for the initial double, triple etc. Just put in the reason code "eveuniv25%" so I know, as I seldom pay attention to corp names.

And welcome to Eve! I hope your stay is pleasant and everyone welcomes you with open arms.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

David Zahavi
Doomheim
#322 - 2012-09-25 05:59:03 UTC
Zeus Maximo wrote:
I think we have gotten to the stage in this war where the Eve Uni leadership is out of answers.

I think you are confused as to what constitutes E-Uni leadership.

Kelduum Revaan is the only E-Uni Leadership I've seen post here, and he is one of the very few people allowed to represent the Uni in an official capacity..

Ferocious does not and has not ever represented E-Uni in any official capacity. She is merely an awesome cool fan girl, bad-a$$ guest FC... and who also joins the Uni on public comms every once in a while (just like many TEST/Goon/Razor/Shiva/Retirementclub/RVB/etc people do from time to time).

While in comms she usually laughs at anything random, from her dog to her son to bad ship fits, to people can flipping or anything else that comes up. She generally makes others laugh in abundance and is hilarious to listen to, and if you're ever in comms with her, you'll be hard pressed not to laugh, as something outrageously hilarious always manages to emerge from her mouth.

Besides being a guest FC, she mentors various players who ask for help, giving them advice/training/etc. However MANY MANY other players who are also not members of E-Uni provide the same services, and for this, awesome and helpful as it may be, is not unique to Ferocious, nor does it give her any status to represent the Uni.

Let me repeat this again since many here seem to have missed the boat with this one in her original post....

Ferocious in no way represents the Uni.

She is merely a friend, "guest lecture," "guest FC" etc. If she is guest FCing she has to be moved to a combat channel by management because she doesnt even have access to that part of our comms, something any basic member has.

Eve players here and everywhere have always been welcomed to give a class at E-Uni, including lectures, demonstrations, and practicals, and in this way, anyone here can be in the same shoes as Ferocious. But she does not speak for the Uni, just as I do not speak for the Uni.

All uni Alumni are encouraged to "give back" through many of the ways ferocious has participated in the uni, and many of them do on a consistent basis. And, as i mentioned above, it is for this reason you will often see players from almost any type of corp in e-uni comms, shmoozing with the local newbies.
Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#323 - 2012-09-25 08:35:18 UTC
David Zahavi wrote:
Zeus Maximo wrote:
I think we have gotten to the stage in this war where the Eve Uni leadership is out of answers.

Kelduum Revaan is the only E-Uni Leadership I've seen post here, and he is one of the very few people allowed to represent the Uni in an official capacity..

Ferocious does not and has not ever represented E-Uni in any official capacity. She is merely an awesome cool fan girl, bad-a$$ guest FC... and who also joins the Uni on public comms every once in a while (just like many TEST/Goon/Razor/Shiva/Retirementclub/RVB/etc people do from time to time).

While in comms she usually laughs at anything random, from her dog to her son to bad ship fits, to people can flipping or anything else that comes up. She generally makes others laugh in abundance and is hilarious to listen to, and if you're ever in comms with her, you'll be hard pressed not to laugh, as something outrageously hilarious always manages to emerge from her mouth.

Besides being a guest FC, she mentors various players who ask for help, giving them advice/training/etc. However MANY MANY other players who are also not members of E-Uni provide the same services, and for this, awesome and helpful as it may be, is not unique to Ferocious, nor does it give her any status to represent the Uni.

Let me repeat this again since many here seem to have missed the boat with this one in her original post....

She is merely a friend, "guest lecture," "guest FC" etc. If she is guest FCing she has to be moved to a combat channel by management because she doesnt even have access to that part of our comms, something any basic member has.

Eve players here and everywhere have always been welcomed to give a class at E-Uni, including lectures, demonstrations, and practicals, and in this way, anyone here can be in the same shoes as Ferocious. But she does not speak for the Uni, just as I do not speak for the Uni.

All uni Alumni are encouraged to "give back" through many of the ways ferocious has participated in the uni, and many of them do on a consistent basis. And, as i mentioned above, it is for this reason you will often see players from almost any type of corp in e-uni comms, shmoozing with the local newbies.

Thats actually pretty smart. By having major contributors and heavy lifters OOC you can also simultaneously disavow if they say something you don't like about the UNI or if things go bad, thus completely insulating yourselves and your image from any tarnish.
Ferocious Fox
THE FINAL STAND
The Final Stand.
#324 - 2012-09-25 08:50:52 UTC
Pinky Feldman wrote:
David Zahavi wrote:
Zeus Maximo wrote:

Thats actually pretty smart. By having major contributors and heavy lifters OOC you can also simultaneously disavow if they say something you don't like about the UNI or if things go bad, thus completely insulating yourselves and your image from any tarnish.

What a shame you didn't think about the "insulating your image" yourself.....Roll
Karah Serrigan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#325 - 2012-09-25 11:57:28 UTC
Ohoh, our low/nullsec corp is trapped in an infinite highsec war. Just what shall we do now.
Kane the Black
Doomheim
#326 - 2012-09-25 12:31:05 UTC
Karah Serrigan wrote:
Ohoh, our low/nullsec corp is trapped in an infinite highsec war. Just what shall we do now.

Well, you could always start an angry forum topic in which you rant and rave for about 20 pages how everyone should ally up with you in the war against those meanies while you yourself do not...oh, wait...

Combat Boosters for sale - http://combatboosters.blogspot.com/

flakeys
Doomheim
#327 - 2012-09-25 12:39:26 UTC
Karah Serrigan wrote:

Uhm dec shield thread is that way --->

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Karah Serrigan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#328 - 2012-09-25 13:48:30 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Karah Serrigan wrote:

Uhm dec shield thread is that way --->

Yes, were at war with decshield now. We are afraid.
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#329 - 2012-09-25 14:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Ristlin Wakefield
Ferocious Fox wrote:
Pinky Feldman wrote:
David Zahavi wrote:
Zeus Maximo wrote:

-snip-

What a shame you didn't think about the "insulating your image" yourself.....Roll

Oh no you didn't!

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#330 - 2012-09-25 15:33:58 UTC
Karah Serrigan wrote:

Hire Mercs. It's the only way left.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

Naginata Rios
Game.Theory
GameTheory
#331 - 2012-09-25 22:22:28 UTC
David Zahavi wrote:
Zeus Maximo wrote:

amazing fc?? lmao remember when she fced that uni fleet to their deaths? http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=14068619

i agree, pro fc.

P.S war report, 10.5 bill killed 1.5 bill lost
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#332 - 2012-09-26 04:48:33 UTC
Karah Serrigan wrote:

Grind up your security standings.

Or not.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Naginata Rios
Game.Theory
GameTheory
#333 - 2012-09-26 06:26:40 UTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oec5m080SrE

stay tuned for more comm blogs...we seem to have a lot of time when we wait for stuff to kill.
Maldad Asesino
Failed Diplomacy
#334 - 2012-09-26 09:22:07 UTC
So, our corp has this really awesome program where you get points on a 1:1 basis per million isk destroyed. And with these points, we can turn them in for some pretty kick ass rewards!

inorite /coolstorybro-

Anyway!
I would just like to say thank you e-uni and rvb for letting me get enough points to earn a SHINY NEW FACTION BATTLESHIP OF MY CHOICE! (I picked a machariel <3)! I couldn't have done it without you and the billions of isk worth of pods you've let me kill over the last few days :) If only there wasn't a 250 point maximum per kill limit...

THANKS RVB/E-UNI!

Signed~
Your #1 Fan.
Delicia
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#335 - 2012-09-26 09:43:03 UTC
Erotica 1 wrote:
I have read over half this thread (gave up after a couples pages of everyone quoting each other walls of text) and am very surprised no one has yet offered isk doubling services.

Judging from the many ships lost in war, it only seems appropriate that these eve-uni guys be given an opportunity to replenish their isk reserves so that they may set out in brand new ships to explore the wondererful world of eve online.

Luckily for you I have arrived, because almost every isk doubler is actually a scammer, but I am not.

Just see my bio for rules so that you do not accidentally make a donation. Sadly (well happily for me) I actually make a net profit running a legitimate isk doubling operation.

*** as a special offer for Eve-University corp members, if you start out your initial investment with at least 250 million isk, I will throw in an extra 25% bonus for the initial double, triple etc. Just put in the reason code "eveuniv25%" so I know, as I seldom pay attention to corp names.

And welcome to Eve! I hope your stay is pleasant and everyone welcomes you with open arms.

That is quite generous, wish I qualified...
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#336 - 2012-09-26 11:51:14 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
E-UNI is the only corp I know that will welcome a brand new player leading a fleet

You're not - we allow newbies to run gangs and we even reimburse losses for such ops. You won't see a week-old newbie forming up a Maelstrom fleet for a timer or anything but if they want to roam into Vale or Cobalt Edge, we'll allow it.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Karah Serrigan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#337 - 2012-09-26 12:06:00 UTC
Andski wrote:
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
E-UNI is the only corp I know that will welcome a brand new player leading a fleet

You're not - we allow newbies to run gangs and we even reimburse losses for such ops. You won't see a week-old newbie forming up a Maelstrom fleet for a timer or anything but if they want to roam into Vale or Cobalt Edge, we'll allow it.

I think you have pathetically mistaken a strict ruled oragization, that has to "allow" something with what is the usual approach to not care what the members do. You wont see people post that they "allow" their newbies to lead fleets, because it is ******* taken for granted.
The fact that you even have to mention this is whats wrong with eve uni.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#338 - 2012-09-26 13:15:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelduum Revaan
Andski wrote:
Kelduum Revaan wrote:

I was aiming more toward the open corporations who do that who aren't linked to another community, as GoonWaffe has their fairly well publicized recruitment process for non-SA forum members.

Karah Serrigan wrote:
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
. . .

I think you have pathetically mistaken a strict ruled oragization, that has to "allow" something with what is the usual approach to not care what the members do. You wont see people post that they "allow" their newbies to lead fleets, because it is ******* taken for granted.
The fact that you even have to mention this is whats wrong with eve uni.

I said "welcome", not "allow". We give them all the information they need to FC and let them at it including, if they want, wing commanders who can help provide them pointers during the op.

Standard "If we're doing it wrong, then feel free to show us how it's done" statements follow: Come and Teach a class, or FC a fleet, or if you think there are deeper problems, form your own training corp and I can provide you all the E-UNI "secrets" on running a large corp full of new players, from structure to recruiting.
Jori McKie
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#339 - 2012-09-27 09:38:12 UTC
I'm here for a quick shoutout to the lowsec members of Eve Uni in Maseera, although they are still using to much ECCM boats for my taste, they are actually fighting with smaller odds in their favor compared to the past and that is a big improvement.
Those Eve Uni guys in Maseera have more balls than any guy involved in highsec "wars". Keep up the work in lowsec, don't stop fighting and learn from your mistakes. Use a proper fitting for some selected ships and expand it later (just check the killboards from small and medscale lowsec corps when you are in doubt). Get all your guys used to the most basic combat rules in lowsec and soon you will send some of those pseudo highsec warriors into quiet mode.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." - Abrazzar

Maldad Asesino
Failed Diplomacy
#340 - 2012-09-27 13:30:04 UTC
Jori McKie wrote:
I'm here for a quick shoutout to the lowsec members of Eve Uni in Maseera, although they are still using to much ECCM boats for my taste, they are actually fighting with smaller odds in their favor compared to the past and that is a big improvement.
Those Eve Uni guys in Maseera have more balls than any guy involved in highsec "wars". Keep up the work in lowsec, don't stop fighting and learn from your mistakes. Use a proper fitting for some selected ships and expand it later (just check the killboards from small and medscale lowsec corps when you are in doubt). Get all your guys used to the most basic combat rules in lowsec and soon you will send some of those pseudo highsec warriors into quiet mode.

Nothing "pseudo" about our highsec warriorism.