These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Legion for Wormholes after Missile Nerf

Author
Scally911
Scally911 Corp
#1 - 2012-09-25 15:22:13 UTC
Ive been reading about the upcoming HML nerf, is this definately happening? Most of my skills are in Caldari and MIssiles (can fly most T1 ships of all races but only T2 weapon in Missiles.) So my question is would it be worth training for a legion to take over from my Tengu for soloing wormholes after the HML nerf or should I stick with it and just go to HAM's? Or do I just stick with HML's.

I have played around in a harbinger and do like lasers instant damage. advice needed please!

Thanks

Derath Ellecon
Lotek Academy
#2 - 2012-09-25 15:35:27 UTC
Scally911 wrote:
Ive been reading about the upcoming HML nerf, is this definately happening? Most of my skills are in Caldari and MIssiles (can fly most T1 ships of all races but only T2 weapon in Missiles.) So my question is would it be worth training for a legion to take over from my Tengu for soloing wormholes after the HML nerf or should I stick with it and just go to HAM's? Or do I just stick with HML's.

I have played around in a harbinger and do like lasers instant damage. advice needed please!

Thanks

Heavy missiles will still have the best damage projection.

Legion works well up to C3. But a legion still has to get within neut range to deal damage. Heavy missile tengu's will still be able to kite outside neut range.

ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#3 - 2012-09-25 15:39:02 UTC
obviously never tried a 100mn AB HAM legion
Danel Tosh
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-09-25 15:43:14 UTC
Or you could simply swich the HMLs on your tengu to HAMs, no reason to buy a new ship over it.
Rayge PVV
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-09-25 18:51:26 UTC
Danel Tosh wrote:
Or you could simply swich the HMLs on your tengu to HAMs, no reason to buy a new ship over it.

really interested to see how the HAM tengu does once TC's can boost the range. 40km HAMs sound pretty mean.

‎"Don't give yourselves to the unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men!" -Charlie Chaplin

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#6 - 2012-09-25 19:02:56 UTC
ham legion does significantly less damage as a pulse legion esp against sleeper frigs.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#7 - 2012-09-25 19:21:46 UTC
Rayge PVV wrote:
Danel Tosh wrote:

really interested to see how the HAM tengu does once TC's can boost the damage application. 40km HAMs sound pretty mean.

Fixed that for you. Range is only one piece of this potentially tasty pie.
Rayge PVV
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-09-25 21:41:12 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:

Fixed that for you. Range is only one piece of this potentially tasty pie.

I'm ok with this. :P

‎"Don't give yourselves to the unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts. You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men!" -Charlie Chaplin