These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Pay Per Kill

First post First post
Author
Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2012-09-25 14:36:24 UTC
[ Originally posted on Eveoganda ]

Two Main Goals:
1) To make it possible to earn an income from PvP
2) To encourage more PvP between human beings

Bounty Hunter systems have been proposed for years, but this takes that concept and makes it both more universal and easier to implement. Both criteria needed for serious consideration.

In the easiest form, what I am proposing is rather simple:

a) Negative sec status ship explodes and someone gets rewarded
b) The lower the sec status the more reward
c) The reward is universal, it doesn't matter who kills the negative sec status ship

Think of the current Rat Bounty system for belt rats. This is like that, except for player ships that are negative sec status.

So, sec status is a multiplier applied to the base value of the ship destroyed ( minus the drop ) times the tax rate applied from CONCORD ( or other party tbd ). So a -10 ship valued at 250,000,000 ISK returns 2,500,000,000 in value, divided by a Tax Rate of say, 95%, which returns 12,500,000 divided by the number of pilots on the kill - say three - and each pilot receives a kill reward of 4,166,668 ISK.

Given loots from the kill and the reward, it should be possible to make a decent income from simply fighting in Eve.

The values and exact numbers may need tweaked obviously, but the focus should be on the 'Concept' itself. I see several benefits to consider:

1) This encourages combat as a way to make ISK
2) It rewards solo or small gang battles and is anti-blob - less pilots = more rewards
3) It is Universal and encourages hunting criminals
4) Criminals want to be hunted
5) The more dangerous the target the higher the reward for killing it

This works no matter the sec status of the aggressor, so pirates get rewarded for killing other pirates. Positive sec status people get rewarded for killing negative sec status pilots. More combat all around.

Obviously, tweaks needed, but as a CONCEPT, your thoughts?

http://eveoganda.blogspot.com

Dirk Culliford
Zero G Universal Enterprises
#2 - 2012-09-25 14:40:02 UTC
People definitely wouldn't exploit this using alts, no sir
Jim Era
#3 - 2012-09-25 14:40:28 UTC
wat

Watâ„¢

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#4 - 2012-09-25 14:42:15 UTC
Wait so I don't need to hang around and scoop loot? xD

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#5 - 2012-09-25 14:42:20 UTC
Dirk Culliford wrote:

I'm not the smartest guy on the planet, so maybe I'm missing something here. But how does spending 250,000,000 ISK to make 12,500,000 ISK make sense? Even with alts?

Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2012-09-25 14:43:29 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Wait so I don't need to hang around and scoop loot? xD

The idea is Loot + Reward = Income

The reward alone wouldn't be enough. But also, sometimes, getting loot isn't possible.

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#7 - 2012-09-25 14:45:54 UTC
If my sec status is positive, there is no point in killing me. This means pirates who may need this the most make no isk when combating not pirates. In other words, the group most in need of such a reward benefits the least, so poor idea.

Adding another isk faucet does not lead to economic well being. People have more isk to spend. With the excess, they shop more locally leading to higher local Costs. If local prices rise, so do regional and trade hub prices. The end result is no net gain in isk value. You may make more isk, but prices rise leading to no change.

Also, how do you prevent exploitation? I pod some junk clones of my alt. The alt goes to -10 sec. Rookie ships are on the market and have value now. I keep killing my pirate alt, free isk.

Sorry, but there needs to be a better option as this one has no value.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#8 - 2012-09-25 14:48:28 UTC
Sorry.... I guess some people need this

/Sarcasm

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2012-09-25 14:49:15 UTC
We just got on top of too much isk getting injected into the system.
Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#10 - 2012-09-25 14:49:59 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:

Well there ya go, four posts later and the idea is already dead in the water. And I used to promise myself I'd never post on the forums...

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#11 - 2012-09-25 14:51:18 UTC
Lol... Never Post here if you want an Idea to go thought.... Here in GD We troll your ideas till you pull your hair out ^_^

Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#12 - 2012-09-25 14:52:41 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Lol... Never Post here if you want an Idea to go thought.... Here in GD We troll your ideas till you pull your hair out ^_^

I know, remember /sarcasm?

Dirk Culliford
Zero G Universal Enterprises
#13 - 2012-09-25 14:54:35 UTC
Rixx Javix wrote:
Dirk Culliford wrote:

I'm not the smartest guy on the planet, so maybe I'm missing something here. But how does spending 250,000,000 ISK to make 12,500,000 ISK make sense? Even with alts?

I think you underestimate the ability of the average eve player to take advantage of item prices and sec status, or indeed any other gameplay element, to achieve a farmable income. The fact that your hypothetical case wouldn't work out is irrelevant.

Also, sec status in this game is now meaningless. It cannot be used to judge the threat of an opponent at all. All of the following can be -10 :

- a dangerous pirate

- a suicide ganker

- a miners concord baiting alt

- a newbie who didnt understand game mechanics

- an idiot that doesn't understand game mechanics

Jim Era
#14 - 2012-09-25 14:55:31 UTC
Will I be required to log in to participate?
Could I not just activate a code straight from the supplier, ya know, no purchase / killing necessary to win?

Watâ„¢

Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#15 - 2012-09-25 14:57:42 UTC
Dirk Culliford wrote:

Also, sec status in this game is now meaningless. It cannot be used to judge the threat of an opponent at all. All of the following can be -10 :

- a dangerous pirate

- a suicide ganker

- a miners concord baiting alt

- a newbie who didnt understand game mechanics

- an idiot that doesn't understand game mechanics

All of whom deserve to be exploded, do they not?

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#16 - 2012-09-25 15:01:23 UTC
Rixx Javix wrote:
All of whom deserve to be exploded, do they not?

YES. BURN ALL THE THINGS. Twisted

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#17 - 2012-09-25 15:03:14 UTC
Step 1: Grind 2 Alts down to -10.0, which would take approximately 1 minute.

Step 2: Have said 2 alts repeatedly gank each other over and over and over.

Step 3: Roll around in infinite ISK.
Rixx Javix
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#18 - 2012-09-25 15:05:34 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Step 1: Grind 2 Alts down to -10.0, which would take approximately 1 minute.

Step 2: Have said 2 alts repeatedly gank each other over and over and over.

Step 3: Roll around in infinite ISK.

Obviously. But isn't it even remotely possible to prevent such idiocy? Or are we doomed?

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#19 - 2012-09-25 15:06:41 UTC
Rixx Javix wrote:
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:

Well there ya go, four posts later and the idea is already dead in the water. And I used to promise myself I'd never post on the forums...

Well, why mot address the concerns outlined or work harder to improve the offering. For starters, make it impossible to receive payout from rookie ship kills. That may not be too hard to code.

Suggest that for every x isk earned in this manner, sec status is raised y. A pirate will maintain their negative status as they attack non isk generating targets, but exploiters may have more hoops to jump through. However this wouks have to be balanced well to prevent people exploiting it to rep sec status.

Also, perhaps kills in low/nul could work in an opposite manner. Perhaps bounties to pirates for killing hi sec people could come from pirate factions. In other words, killing my 5 sec status in low or nul would net a person with negative sec a reward. Probably a bad idea and exploitable, but at least I am attempting to counter my own arguments and improve the idea than just lamenting the negative responses.
Alua Oresson
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#20 - 2012-09-25 15:09:01 UTC
I support this idea. *forms a 20 man null sec gang to gate camp and farm pilots*

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

123Next pageLast page