These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Distribution mIssions an option at all ?

Author
Shanara As
Psy Corp Ltd.
#1 - 2012-09-25 13:23:35 UTC
I just made one of my alts into a frighter pilot, which means (if I unterstood it right)....
i could do lvl 4 distri missions..

is anyone actually doing those ? (i know hauiling can be a ***** bit it also is a bit more relaxing for me at my current RL state...).

sooo.... to cut things short.. worth doing it ?
thx in advance for the feedback.

"Gotta spend money to make money" "A fool talks, a wise man listens" "He who doesn´t wanna listen, talks the most"

Idris Helion
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-09-25 13:53:56 UTC
If you want standings-gains, yes. If you want good ISK payouts, no.
Shanara As
Psy Corp Ltd.
#3 - 2012-09-25 13:59:03 UTC
Idris Helion wrote:

so standings gain is bigger / faster with distri than with security ??

"Gotta spend money to make money" "A fool talks, a wise man listens" "He who doesn´t wanna listen, talks the most"

Robert De'Arneth
#4 - 2012-09-25 14:36:53 UTC
Shanara As wrote:
Idris Helion wrote:

so standings gain is bigger / faster with distri than with security ??

As far as I have seen, no, what I think he meant is the ISK will be bad because of the time invlolved, why do you need a freighter to do dist missions?

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Bugsy VanHalen
Society of lost Souls
#5 - 2012-09-25 16:55:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Bugsy VanHalen
you do not need a freighter to run level 4 distribution missions. All can be done with a T1 indy.

payout is very low but many missions can be done in under 5 min if you do not auto pilot.

The only advantage in Level 4 distribution missions is they still count for storylines. every 16 which can be easily done in a couple hours net you a storyline.

If you run them in a system where the nearest storyline agent gives security missions then you can build up faction standing very quickly.

Personally I run level 4 mining missions as they pay similar rewards and loyalty points as level 4 security but take far less time. You are giving up the loot/salvage/bounties(the bulk of most level 4 security mission payouts) you get with level 4 missions but base rewards are pretty much the same. around 2 mil isk and about 4000 LP. I have consistently gotten security storyline while running level 4 mining missions paying 9-12% faction boost. Considering I am running them with my 4 account mining fleet they take less than 5 minutes each. The storylines have been about equal to level 4 security missions in difficulty.

I will soon have all 5 of my main characters well over 6.0 caldari faction. My main combat toon will probably hit 10.0 faction standings by then. Be nice to not have to boot and reinvite characters every time i want to throw up a POS.
Ifly Uwalk
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-09-25 17:51:30 UTC
^^

Just to clear this up: What type of regular missions you run has no bearing on what kind of storyline missions you get. Every SL agent randomly pulls a mission from a pool containing Distribution and Security missions.
Exploited Engineer
Creatively Applied Violence Inc.
#7 - 2012-09-25 19:01:04 UTC
Shanara As wrote:
sooo.... to cut things short.. worth doing it ?

If you can parallelize them ... and if you can handle the occasional combat storyline mission, yes.

In fact, if you want faction standing, distribution missions can be faster than combat missions (since they can be completed more quickly and yield more storyline missions).
Shanara As
Psy Corp Ltd.
#8 - 2012-09-25 20:05:14 UTC
sounds good. guess I have to check into them. and i dont need the freighter pilot after all..
*sigh*

thx

Katie Kadesh
Copy Rite Inc.
#9 - 2012-09-25 21:49:06 UTC
Additional benefit is that if you can find a station with 2 Lvl 4 Distribution agents (they exist) You can run 2 at the same time and complete both in about the 75% of the time it takes to do 2 of one agent. In addition they can be done semi afk if needed.
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#10 - 2012-09-25 21:50:30 UTC
Distrib mission are actually very useful for a trader/indy character.

They don't pay much in isk or LP but for a trader or builder that is no issue since the whole point of getting higher standings is to lower the cost of sales/production.

(As the real payout is in higher profit on the stuff an Indy does all the time, not the flimsy money payed for the actual mission).

The best with distrib mission are that they can be done quickly, esp in a transport, and therefor they generate storylines quickly.

And if you select your agent right you'll get a storyline for the right corporation and a massive jump in standings.

So for an indy char with low skills in weapons, distrib missions are really good.

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.