These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Eos Command Ship fits

Author
baumjoe
The Phoenix Uprising
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2012-09-24 18:41:47 UTC
Hey so I am looking for three fits for my Eos or any other fits people recommend.

I am looking for

a DPS fit

a Warfare link fit

And a Armour Tank fit

Any suggestions would be great.
Matarella
Incognito Mode
Brotherhood of Spacers
#2 - 2012-09-24 20:34:23 UTC
can not remember the last time I have seen one outside market.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#3 - 2012-09-24 22:01:17 UTC
baumjoe wrote:
Hey so I am looking for three fits for my Eos or any other fits people recommend.

I am looking for

a DPS fit

a Warfare link fit

And a Armour Tank fit

Step 1: Go back to 2006.

Step 2: Buy 5x Ogre II...

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

baumjoe
The Phoenix Uprising
#4 - 2012-09-24 23:34:41 UTC
Have Eos' really been nerfed that much?
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#5 - 2012-09-25 06:05:32 UTC
Check out the bonuses of that ship, it's just terribly confused.

- an active armour tanker* meant to provide boosts for a whole fleet (fleets have logi)
- bonus to drone bay size, but cruiser drone bandwidth
- no drone damage bonus even with 225m3 drone bay, yay
- bonus to info warfare links (one totally pointless link, one useful only for EWAR-heavy comps leaving one decent link)

There are no reasons to choose Eos over Astarte, Proteus, Myrm or even Brutix for combat situations. It needs a complete overhaul, which doesn't happen this winter.

That said, I saw one on dscan yesterday. OGB sitting in a POS. Proteus would have been better in that role.

* A full dual repper tank on a bonused ship with max skills using all lows, rigs and one midslot reps less than one ASB, Invuln + EM rig, there aren't any ships larger than frigs in game left that should be active armor tanked.

To mare
Advanced Technology
#6 - 2012-09-25 10:55:52 UTC
why you want to use a Eos for dps when you can use a Astarte which is the ship designed for combat of the two.
the problem of the Eos is that information warfare links are unpractial for normal usage
Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#7 - 2012-09-25 10:59:59 UTC
Fleet CS all need a fundamental rework along the lines of the Damnation. They need resist and HP bonuses to allow them to act as intended, as survivable on-grid link platforms. But this will require reworking links and T3s too...
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-09-25 11:02:52 UTC
EOS is just the expensive tech two red headed step sister of the myrm.

By 3 different myrms, have money to spare over a single fail EOS.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Abannan
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#9 - 2012-09-25 13:05:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Abannan
[Eos, Dual Rep]
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor EM Hardener II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Antimatter Charge M
Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Hobgoblin II x1
Hammerhead II x2
Ogre II x2
Vespa EC-600 x5
Warrior II x1
Valkyrie II x2
Berserker II x2
Warrior II x5

It's not a bad fit but for it's price you may as well just buy a few myrmidons (you'll have battlecruisers 5 anyway)
Darius Brinn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-09-25 17:13:30 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
EOS is just the expensive tech two red headed step sister of the myrm.

By 3 different myrms, have money to spare over a single fail EOS.

No, it's not.

The Myrmidon has a 10% Drone damage & HP bonus per BC skill level.
The Eos has a +25m3 Drone BAY bonus per Command Ships skill level.

I'd never fly an Eos, and the only reason I'd like an Eos over a Myrmidon in my fleet would be the CERTAINTY that nobody would attack me until they'd dealt with the LOL-Eos.

Damnation, Vulture and Claymore have their uses.
The Eos is a commedy lossmail waiting to happen.
baumjoe
The Phoenix Uprising
#11 - 2012-09-25 18:22:18 UTC
Well I've been out of the game for a couple of years I guess its time to part ways with my expensive toy.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-09-25 18:40:09 UTC
Darius Brinn wrote:
[quote=Muad 'dib]

soooooo....

the myrm still gets 50% more dps because the EOS only has 75mb the same as the myrm, while having one less turret slot than the myrm.

oh great the eos has room for more drones, greeeeaaaat.

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Darius Brinn
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-09-25 21:57:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Darius Brinn
Muad 'dib wrote:
Darius Brinn wrote:
[quote=Muad 'dib]

soooooo....

the myrm still gets 50% more dps because the EOS only has 75mb the same as the myrm, while having one less turret slot than the myrm.

oh great the eos has room for more drones, greeeeaaaat.

It's not exactly 50% less DPS, as the Eos does have a medium Hybrid turret bonus (25% at Command ships V), but this is still lackluster. Still, we have that eve, ignoring the fact that information links are much worse than Amarr, Caldari and Minmatar ones,

-The Vulture has TWO offensive bonus (50% optimal + 50% optimal for BC V and CS V)-
-The Claymore has TWO offensive bonus (25% ROF + 37,5% tracking)
-The Damnation has TWO defensive bonus (25% resistances + 50% armor HP)

And the Eos, instead of a secondary offensive or defensive bonus, receives 75m3 worth of drone BAY.

This is unbalanced, and cripples the ship even more than the horribly designed armor rigging penalties.

Give the Eos 125mb/s worth of bandwidth as it had, or change the drone bay bonus for a DRONE DAMAGE & HP BONUS.

You know, like Vexors, Ishtars, Dominix, and Myrmidons. It would NOT be overpowered, as the only thing it would get over the Ishtar (for instance) would be the repping bonus.
Cameron Cahill
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-09-25 22:27:41 UTC
Roime wrote:

* A full dual repper tank on a bonused ship with max skills using all lows, rigs and one midslot reps less than one ASB, Invuln + EM rig, there aren't any ships larger than frigs in game left that should be active armor tanked.

Archon
Dethmourne Silvermane
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-09-25 23:47:30 UTC
Cameron Cahill wrote:
Roime wrote:

Archon

Don't forget the Thanatos.

Interested Party (TM)

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#16 - 2012-09-26 00:23:05 UTC
I recently saw an Eos in a C2. I assume its armour rep bonus was useful for tanking, and with that many drones in its bay, who cares if they get eaten by sleepers, amirite?

Me, I shall buy the ass out of an Eos and go produce lolmails with it.
baumjoe
The Phoenix Uprising
#17 - 2012-09-26 00:34:35 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
I recently saw an Eos in a C2. I assume its armour rep bonus was useful for tanking, and with that many drones in its bay, who cares if they get eaten by sleepers, amirite?

Me, I shall buy the ass out of an Eos and go produce lolmails with it.

It had an alright tank but for a ship that costs so much I guess it is kinda fail if any one wants to buy and EOS in jita let me know lol.
Shereza
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-09-26 00:35:17 UTC
Funny thing is that with two drone damage mods on a myrmidon and 2 magstabs on an eos they put out roughly equal DPS when the myrmidon uses pulse lasers and scorch. Yeah, I bothered looking at it. I use my eos for running L4s from time to time (which is something I loved doing with the ship before it got nerfed) which is about the best use for it I've found. I'm not saying that it's a good use, merely the best use I have for it.

That said looking at the myrmidon and eos in light of doing L4s and short of doing kin/therm-heavy opponents the myrmidon wins out. Hell, looking at it from an anti-Sansha/Blood/whatever perspective and I get numbers where the myrmidon does equal raw damage and lower raw tank, but thanks to not needing to get into blaster range can afford to run an AB as part of the tank while the eos really needs an MWD. Likewise the myrmidon can fairly easily fit an extra drone mod in the mid slots over the eos. Those combine to probably give it a comparable effective tank and supperior effective DPS.

Granted it's a fleet command ship, not a field command ship, but that's still kind of sad.
baumjoe
The Phoenix Uprising
#19 - 2012-09-26 00:58:12 UTC
Shereza wrote:
Funny thing is that with two drone damage mods on a myrmidon and 2 magstabs on an eos they put out roughly equal DPS when the myrmidon uses pulse lasers and scorch. Yeah, I bothered looking at it. I use my eos for running L4s from time to time (which is something I loved doing with the ship before it got nerfed) which is about the best use for it I've found. I'm not saying that it's a good use, merely the best use I have for it.

That said looking at the myrmidon and eos in light of doing L4s and short of doing kin/therm-heavy opponents the myrmidon wins out. Hell, looking at it from an anti-Sansha/Blood/whatever perspective and I get numbers where the myrmidon does equal raw damage and lower raw tank, but thanks to not needing to get into blaster range can afford to run an AB as part of the tank while the eos really needs an MWD. Likewise the myrmidon can fairly easily fit an extra drone mod in the mid slots over the eos. Those combine to probably give it a comparable effective tank and supperior effective DPS.

Granted it's a fleet command ship, not a field command ship, but that's still kind of sad.

Yea Ive tanked a megathron and a dominx in in my Eos and its pretty good for l4's and I have taken it into low class worm holes. I haven't played in two years and I am thinking about my assets and right now my eos is looking like a really expensive under powered toy.
Hirimatsu Yamamoto
AGGRESSIVE ASSET RELOCATION
#20 - 2012-09-26 02:34:35 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
baumjoe wrote:

I am looking for

a DPS fit

a Warfare link fit

And a Armour Tank fit

Step 1: Go back to 2006.

Step 2: Buy 5x Ogre II...

It was a sad day when my Myrm could no longer field 5 Heavy drones. :(
12Next page