These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What happened to following alliance logo guidelines?

Author
MR DEMOS
DKL Fringe Division
3 Jackals
#21 - 2012-09-23 15:11:45 UTC
Honestly you should consider yourself lucky for CCP to put the logo's in as fast as they do now. Back when i created this Alliance and filled it up with decent players we applyed for our Logo. Met all the criteria CCP asked for...well waited for 2 months no replies... Mailed a few people in CCP no response for the first month going on 4 months i was told the person who was ion charge of Logo's was on vacation.... K no problem month later sent out a few mails again person was still on vacation.. well 6 months later i get a reply were changeing the way we do the Logo's .... K np i'll re-sub mine ... well 9 months later nothing yet... Finally there had been a shift in My Alliance and we lost alot of players due to inacativity and other reasons. So **** up... So yeah consider yourself Lucky CCP isn't ******* you in the ass ..... This is Common CCP to ME... All Promises and No delivery...
Senshi Hawk
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2012-09-23 15:21:25 UTC
Why does CCP have restrictions in the first place? Aside from screening for nudity, racism and sensitive content it should be open to anything, in my opinion.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-09-23 15:22:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Jett0 wrote:
Imagine if we ever get custom ship colors.

Pink ships with pony logos. For a PVP corp/alliance.

You know it would happen.
Fine by me, I look forward to cruising around in a purple 'Derpy Hooves' Vexor. P
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#24 - 2012-09-23 16:21:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
LOL, I had never noticed UMAD's logo before.

UMAD

Classic.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#25 - 2012-09-23 16:27:31 UTC
I was so shocked last night, when I heard this, And saw those awful logos, that I completely forgot to post. Straight

Seriously.. aside from that Fail one, I don't see how they are out of line with what people who happen to live 21 thousand years in the future might use to identify themselves. Look at the military in the last 20 years, or the Airforce, and their planes in WW2.

Not much difference honestly. The only one that is 'out of place' is the Fail logo, and that's just because it has a fail stamp over a big forum smiley.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#26 - 2012-09-23 16:47:41 UTC
Andski wrote:
this was going to be the GSF logo: http://i.imgur.com/tp9KA.png

then mittens nixed it

This was going to be TEST's, then directors decided they liked a dinosaur.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-09-23 16:54:41 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Andski wrote:
this was going to be the GSF logo: http://i.imgur.com/tp9KA.png

then mittens nixed it

This was going to be TEST's, then directors decided they liked a dinosaur.
The sickle and the rifter would have been better imo.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Myrkala
Royal Robot Ponies
#28 - 2012-09-24 03:22:00 UTC
MR DEMOS wrote:
Honestly you should consider yourself lucky for CCP to put the logo's in as fast as they do now. Back when i created this Alliance and filled it up with decent players we applyed for our Logo. Met all the criteria CCP asked for...well waited for 2 months no replies... Mailed a few people in CCP no response for the first month going on 4 months i was told the person who was ion charge of Logo's was on vacation.... K no problem month later sent out a few mails again person was still on vacation.. well 6 months later i get a reply were changeing the way we do the Logo's .... K np i'll re-sub mine ... well 9 months later nothing yet... Finally there had been a shift in My Alliance and we lost alot of players due to inacativity and other reasons. So **** up... So yeah consider yourself Lucky CCP isn't ******* you in the ass ..... This is Common CCP to ME... All Promises and No delivery...

Pretty much the same story here for an alliance I was in, we got it done in the end though.

Warped Aggression: http://e.dotlan.net/images/Alliance/467942520_128.png

Too many people in it were bad at eve unfortunately, so it died a justified death. Still proud of how it looks though, I made it.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-09-24 03:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
hellz yeah got another #1 spot in a 'alliance logo in eve' complaint thread

Quote:

U MAD: http://e.dotlan.net/images/Alliance/99001383_64.png (at least EVE is not a children's game)

goddamn hahahahahaha
Kheeria
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-09-24 03:45:04 UTC
This is like going around on earth checking corp logos and saying "Sorry, this logo ain't Earth, you should change it"
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#31 - 2012-09-24 04:06:24 UTC
Cpt Gobla wrote:
This universe has a rather large population of sociopaths and psychopaths who've been immortalised through technology and are now flying around in giant space ships shooting things just because they can. They band together in corporations not in the pursuit of profit or power but in the pursuit of amusement and murder. They fly not with decades of training and a quest to leave their mark on the universe, they fly with alcohol coursing through their veins looking for a few laughs. They fly not under the carefully designed and clean banners of the empires, they fly under flags of their own delusional devising.

That's EvE. That's why all these wacky alliance logos are perfectly fine. Because, judging by the actions of the player-base, most capsuleers are simply batshit crazy.

Jett0 wrote:
Imagine if we ever get custom ship colors.

Pink ships with pony logos. For a PVP corp/alliance.

You know it would happen.

That sounds great. A blob of pink (Drake replacement) flying at you.

Have you seen the Goonwaffe logo, it's pretty cool.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-09-24 05:27:58 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Amsterdam Conversations wrote:
U MAD: http://e.dotlan.net/images/Alliance/99001383_64.png (at least EVE is not a children's game)

I laughed so ******* hard at this one. Thanks for that, OP.

Apparently the full name of that alliance is "GaNg BaNg TeAm".

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

William Walker
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#33 - 2012-09-24 05:56:38 UTC
What about FA's logo. Are we cool? :/

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-09-24 06:29:38 UTC
William Walker wrote:
What about FA's logo. Are we cool? :/

The Fatal Ascension Guild logo is something alright
but Cascade Imminent is number one in all these sort of threads
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#35 - 2012-09-24 08:45:00 UTC
Cares Given?

Most of them Seem fine... I don't See why a long thread is required.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#36 - 2012-09-24 09:06:04 UTC
I'd think the OP would just take this as a chance to make his alliance logo classy like he wants and thus recruit a whole bunch of people cause the alliance looks so classy.
Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-09-24 12:17:42 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Cares Given?

Most of them Seem fine... I don't See why a long thread is required.

Because trolling.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

ECM Allah
EveCorporation1782154125522
#38 - 2012-09-24 12:19:11 UTC
I think outbreaks logo is great.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#39 - 2012-09-24 12:35:34 UTC
Sadly back in time, CCP did the finishing touches on the logos to make them more suitable and in-line with the other logos, I think they ran out of time to get that happening now, although back then it could take 6 months for it to get in as well.

But I agree that there are some questionable logos there that somewhat break the artistic style of EVE.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2012-09-24 14:19:45 UTC  |  Edited by: highonpop
I found these 2 stipulations funny:

Couple of the criteria:

Quote:

Images are to be appropriate for EVE online.
Image must have the look and feel of EVE online

Then, after you submit:

Quote:

Submissions will be processed in batches on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. Submissions that are rejected will be discarded, and no notification will be given regarding rejections. It is imperative to make sure the file is in the proper format and meets all criteria presented on this page.

So, Who determines the 'look and feel" of eve online? And, I guess if you get declined, you just have to assume you got declined and try again? What happens if it is just taking too long and you don't know if you have been rejected and you submit a 2nd time? Then your first one gets approved, and you actually like your 2nd attempt better??

Ah, got to love the way CCP handles things sometimes.... SMH What?What?

FC, what do?

Previous page123Next page