These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

I'm tanking GF Aggro

Author
Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-09-19 03:29:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Bommel McMurdoc
just to avoid the long block of letters of quoting post #36 above.

I don't know how you do it man..... Call me a skeptic, but I crave that rush of chasing a woman. Even as I'm married, if another woman finds me attractive and i'm aware of it, I fight like hell not to chain myself down into the drama danger zone. Alas, Reason usually champions over the short term excitement, but the urge is still there.

i'm not young either, pushing damn near into my 40's and I still get digits and email addresses tucked on my desk.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can, for the lack of a better word, decide to be and remain celibate. Personally, I feel I'd lose my mind.

kudo's to you man. if you can make it work, your willpower is strong. Big smile
Cuchulain Ulster
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-09-21 02:44:57 UTC
Bommel McMurdoc wrote:


....

I don't know how you do it man.....

....

kudo's to you man. if you can make it work, your willpower is strong. Big smile



How do I explain with out creating a wall of text?

I didn’t document my voyage down this philosophical path, mostly because I believed no one would be interested.

I will attempt to create a thumbnail sketch;

First was finding the motivation, I will give a specific example.

A few years back a coworker of mine asked me out, I was somewhat surprised to have a girl approaching me rather than the other way around.

Then she stood me up for our first date (that she had picked by the way), and topped it off by reporting me to our management for harassment. Luckily our team manger stepped in and put a stop to things before they got out of hand, which most likely would have ended in finding myself unemployed.

That is but one example of a long line of misadventures. Eventually after enough of these mishaps I came to the conclusion that swearing off women was necessary for my own wellbeing.

Now with the motivation the second step involved was what is most easily described as a break up. Think of a break up with some one you have had a very deep life long emotional bond with. Here though it was not a break up with any person it was a break up with my famine ideal. In a manner of speaking I was divorcing my self from the concept of women, so that they were no longer special or different in any meaningful from the other half of the population.

This was concurrent with the third step, which is the most exoteric and difficult to describe. The normal urges and drives were not resisted with willpower or otherwise suppressed. I found a way to tune them out, disconnect my self from them in a manner of speaking. I am aware of them but it is now like background noise rarely drawing my attention.

And there you have a short story summing up what was a long and complex journey of introspection and self-discovery. A deeply spiritual and philosophical sojourn, that was fraught with missteps, false starts, regressions and pain. And now years latter emerging on the other side, I can say I have found a happiness and tranquility that I did not have before.

I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-09-21 03:24:42 UTC
Cuchulain Ulster wrote:
Bommel McMurdoc wrote:


....

I don't know how you do it man.....

....

kudo's to you man. if you can make it work, your willpower is strong. Big smile



How do I explain with out creating a wall of text?

I didn’t document my voyage down this philosophical path, mostly because I believed no one would be interested.

I will attempt to create a thumbnail sketch;

First was finding the motivation, I will give a specific example.

A few years back a coworker of mine asked me out, I was somewhat surprised to have a girl approaching me rather than the other way around.

Then she stood me up for our first date (that she had picked by the way), and topped it off by reporting me to our management for harassment. Luckily our team manger stepped in and put a stop to things before they got out of hand, which most likely would have ended in finding myself unemployed.

That is but one example of a long line of misadventures. Eventually after enough of these mishaps I came to the conclusion that swearing off women was necessary for my own wellbeing.

Now with the motivation the second step involved was what is most easily described as a break up. Think of a break up with some one you have had a very deep life long emotional bond with. Here though it was not a break up with any person it was a break up with my famine ideal. In a manner of speaking I was divorcing my self from the concept of women, so that they were no longer special or different in any meaningful from the other half of the population.

This was concurrent with the third step, which is the most exoteric and difficult to describe. The normal urges and drives were not resisted with willpower or otherwise suppressed. I found a way to tune them out, disconnect my self from them in a manner of speaking. I am aware of them but it is now like background noise rarely drawing my attention.

And there you have a short story summing up what was a long and complex journey of introspection and self-discovery. A deeply spiritual and philosophical sojourn, that was fraught with missteps, false starts, regressions and pain. And now years latter emerging on the other side, I can say I have found a happiness and tranquility that I did not have before.

I can honestly say I wouldn’t change a thing.



that wasn't short...

Short would be "Disregard females, acquire currency" Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Cuchulain Ulster
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-09-21 03:50:15 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:


that wasn't short...

Short would be "Disregard females, acquire currency" Big smile


How about,

Women; you can’t live with them and, you can’t live with them.
ceaon
#45 - 2012-09-21 12:41:02 UTC  |  Edited by: ceaon
there is also the option to move on Amarr systems where religion to provide enhanced resistance and even immunity to GF blasters after some time she will become a drone and you can upgrade to a Dominix owning 4 drones TwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted

is all about money

flakeys
Doomheim
#46 - 2012-09-21 15:55:57 UTC
Akita T wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Am I the only one who found a girl who doesn't produce drama like this?!

Give it a few more years.



He spoke of his girl not his wife ... once he calls her his wife he'll be on our side can count on that.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2012-09-23 04:13:19 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Akita T wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Am I the only one who found a girl who doesn't produce drama like this?!

Give it a few more years.



He spoke of his girl not his wife ... once he calls her his wife he'll be on our side can count on that.


haha.... (first year) I love you i love you i wanna have your babies

(2nd year) AAAAAAAHHH HE PROPOSED!

(6 months to a year later) "do you?" "yes" "do you, sir?" 'you bet..." (rings go on) woman: "Buddy... some thangs gon' CHAAAANNNNGE 'round here!"
Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-09-23 04:22:33 UTC
in response to post #42....

while you do have a point about drama after drama after drama with women being a motivator to swear them off. I, for one, realize you can do the exact same thing to them, but in a wolf's way.

oh god, back in college... I treated women like they were experiences to be had. I had no aspirations to settle down or have a girlfriend. I just wanted to have fun, thankfully I picked up on which ones would be trouble or not. Half the time a consensus was made that we were simply friends enjoying each other.... the other half it was not and the latter was never pleasant. I was dumb enough to hook up with a girl in my class, oooo boy, I never set foot in the Kappa Kappa Gamma house again. (sigh) to be 18 again......
Cuchulain Ulster
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2012-09-23 05:42:05 UTC
Frédéric Bastiat commented on the natural tendency of human beings to take the course of action that was least painful. He was making observations on economic forces and how they related to law and the proper role of government; however the same basic principle should apply to any human behavior.

In my case not having a relationship is far less painful than having one. Actually it is quite comfortable; it leaves me a lot more free time to read books on history and philosophy.

So in that regard my unorthodox approach does coincide with normal human tendencies.
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-09-24 17:01:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
-"Cherchez la femme." French phrase meaning, "When some guy is in trouble or acting strange, look for the woman behind it."
-"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 follow women." Groucho Marx
-"My wife and I lived happily for 20 years. Then we met." Rodney Daingerfield
-"A man is not complete until he is married-- then he is finished." Zsa Zsa Gabor

Just joking, just joking! Smile
Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-09-25 02:28:52 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
-"Cherchez la femme." French phrase meaning, "When some guy is in trouble or acting strange, look for the woman behind it."
-"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 follow women." Groucho Marx
-"My wife and I lived happily for 20 years. Then we met." Rodney Daingerfield
-"A man is not complete until he is married-- then he is finished." Zsa Zsa Gabor

Just joking, just joking! Smile



"Things never go right..... the other day I told my wife 'I wanna have sex!' So she left the room to give me some privacy."
Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2012-09-25 02:29:49 UTC
Telegram Sam wrote:
-"Cherchez la femme." French phrase meaning, "When some guy is in trouble or acting strange, look for the woman behind it."
-"Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men. The other 999 follow women." Groucho Marx
-"My wife and I lived happily for 20 years. Then we met." Rodney Daingerfield
-"A man is not complete until he is married-- then he is finished." Zsa Zsa Gabor

Just joking, just joking! Smile



"Things never go right..... the other day I told my wife 'I wanna have sex!' So she left the room to give me some privacy."- Rodney Dangerfield (may he rest in peace)
Bommel McMurdoc
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2012-09-25 02:34:24 UTC
Cuchulain Ulster wrote:
Frédéric Bastiat commented on the natural tendency of human beings to take the course of action that was least painful. He was making observations on economic forces and how they related to law and the proper role of government; however the same basic principle should apply to any human behavior.

In my case not having a relationship is far less painful than having one. Actually it is quite comfortable; it leaves me a lot more free time to read books on history and philosophy.

So in that regard my unorthodox approach does coincide with normal human tendencies.



I can't speak for everyone, but for myself, I get it, yer a smart guy, seemingly well read. If you can survive sexual tension by reasoning your way out of having a nice warm body next to you, (as I said before) Kudo's to you.

Hakaimono
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2012-09-25 05:37:51 UTC
In my case, my GF is jealous that I have a computer that can play EVE and she really wants to play.
Sadly this may be the best it'll ever be.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#55 - 2012-09-26 01:06:32 UTC
Akita T wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Am I the only one who found a girl who doesn't produce drama like this?!

Give it a few more years.


Girls like that don't need a few years; they do it right from the start. Well actually, most make sure they have you locked in first, then they start. Before that, they were just playing their cards to keep you making decisions that remove options for an easy way out.

Don't kid yourself. What it really means, is that it isn't likely to ever work out, unless you like that sort of thing.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Kenneth O'Hara
Sebiestor Tribe
#56 - 2012-09-26 20:49:57 UTC
I say sign a pre-nup from the begining. After the marriage, keep copies of divorce papers around the house hidden and the first time she flips her lid over something stupid (use reasoning here to determine if it is actually stupid or just stupid to you) pull out the papers. Remind her that you didn't agree to the BS and that if there is a problem, y'all should handle it like adults and not some squabbling kids on the playground.

Bring Saede Riordan back!! Never Forget! _"__Operation Godzilla Smacks Zeus"  ~__Graygor _

Lord breathenstein
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#57 - 2012-09-28 00:12:19 UTC
Hmmm she is obviously not feeling loved at the moment, I think you need to show her how appreciated she is.
Her just knowing she changed someones day will mean everything to her.

Take a picture of your gf and send it in to Website

She'll come round Shocked
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2012-09-28 00:43:34 UTC
Lord breathenstein wrote:
Hmmm she is obviously not feeling loved at the moment, I think you need to show her how appreciated she is.
Her just knowing she changed someones day will mean everything to her.

Take a picture of your gf and send it in to Website

She'll come round Shocked


I approve this message but distance myself from this poster

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

SoCal Stoli Rotsuda
Bootstrap Mining
V.e.G.A.
#59 - 2012-09-29 04:31:31 UTC  |  Edited by: SoCal Stoli Rotsuda
Hmmm...the salesman in me sees a lot of people out there failing to match up desires with expectations - guaranteed friction.

The world traveller in me (everywhere from L.A. to Helsinki, and Baghdad to Dubai) has a few pieces of advice.

If your current GF/SigOt feels that playing Eve is a transgression worthy of penalty, you're not dating the right TYPE of woman.

First (and harshest) - you can pretty much write off any woman born and raised in N. America or western Europe. They've been raised and schooled to believe that men are the enemy, and that anything he enjoys must be bad for the woman (and therefore forbidden...or at least restricted).

You need to find women who come from an environment where the mere playing of a computer game would be considered a minor (indeed, inconsiderable) transgression when compared with what passes for routine behavior amonst men in the woman's normal social scene.

There are large swaths of the world where guys, for lack of a better phrase, behave VERY badly compared to the average N. American male. They drink, they're abusive, they're serial cheaters...and it's considered normal and acceptable for men to do that in these areas of the world.

Through the magic of the interwebs, the women from these areas are able to meet decent, well-behaved guys whose WORST behavior is a desire to play computer games.

Find them, meet them, and your problems will be solved. Both parties will think they're getting a great deal (the salesman, again!), and that's the key to a successful relationship, be it business or personal.

<--- married to a Peruvian woman (WAAAAY out of my league by U.S. standards) for over 8 years.

Always remember this - Western women hear the word "courtship" and they hear TWO words - the "court" from which they will take HALF of everything you own (and a substantial payment every month thereafter), and the "ship" in which they'll try to ship you up the river for 10-to-20 if you don't pay up.
Udonor
Doomheim
#60 - 2012-10-14 05:17:18 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Akita T wrote:
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Am I the only one who found a girl who doesn't produce drama like this?!

Give it a few more years.

So...10 years of marriage and two kids isn't enough of a test? Shocked




Sounds like you manufactured and sicked a couple drones on her. Sometimes that works to distract them. But usually it just shortens their targeting time.