These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

IT Ganked me........

First post
Author
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#61 - 2012-09-21 00:35:03 UTC
Garreth Vlox wrote:
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Maybe work at work.

How dare you make that suggestion, you mean to tell me I have to EARN the money they pay me for sitting in this chair and posting on the Eve forums?

Its just like looking into a mirror...

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Bart Starr
Aggressive Structural Steel Expediting Services
#62 - 2012-09-21 05:27:27 UTC
I love it when stories have a happy ending.
Its just touching.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2012-09-21 05:30:09 UTC
just get a job where you're the IT administrator
preferably on behalf of the government
government never gonna gimp their ability to fornicate with canines
Efernal
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-09-21 05:33:23 UTC
Since you know what sites he is on then this is simple. Just log into those sites and have a program that will refresh the site every so often. Soon his sites will either be on the ban list or he will get mad at you and fire you. P
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#65 - 2012-09-21 05:34:12 UTC
Just be happy that your boss--probably--hasn't got the 'big brother' employee monitoring software. That basically allows them to not only log, but watch you poking about on the internet and your computer.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#66 - 2012-09-21 06:43:14 UTC
Haha nice, stick it to those capitalist bastards! Cool

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#67 - 2012-09-21 06:59:09 UTC
Just don't introduce your boss to EVE though.
In case he catch your Hulk in a belt you'll have to admit that you're either AFK mine or don't work at work. Helluva Morton's fork if you ask me.
Acuchai
Tyrannis Enterprises
#68 - 2012-09-21 07:40:31 UTC
You are doing this all wrong.

The solution is not to circumvent their network "security", but to find an employer who measures productivity in "results", not "time spent".

The way you picture it, you do have a skillset, job description and a position that allows you to choose. So either go to your boss and demand that you want to have the freedom to relax your mind from time to time (also called "work/life balance"), or failing that - get another job.

In my experience the companies that go on such powertrips do not do themselves a favour, because they end up with the people who HAVE to put up with it (meaning they have no other choice because they are not very good at their job to begin with). Talented people do not have to put up with that kind of BS, at least not in the long run. It is a sign of a bad leadership and management. Good management would lead by incentives and results.

Circumventing their network security - even if possible in most cases - will only cause unnecessary trouble. It not only can get you fired but could lead to worse legal issues.
Signal11th
#69 - 2012-09-21 08:07:41 UTC
Christy D Floyd wrote:
Well if getting ganked in your hulk isnt enough my IT department at work has now blocked Eveonline websites. Does anyone know any workarounds to access websites if they are blocked by yout IT department. The website blocked is Eveonline.com but I still can acess the fforums and other sites like battleclinic. I believe I can access the forums because they begin with //forums.eveonline but the main website forget about it.

The fact that they have started blocking it would indicate that they are aware of you going on the site, I would take that as a warning as if you take measures to try an circumvent this it good be used as a platform for dismissal in the future.

Or you can get an IT admins job like mine and just bypass it!!! Big smile

Have they blocked Logmein? If not leave your computer on at home and login from your work computer to home. Job done, also the traffic is encrypted as well.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2012-09-21 08:15:58 UTC
strenif wrote:
Oh dude, bad idea.

Let me explain what has happened.

Your boss when to the IT department about your bandwidth usage. They gave her/him a report at which point IT was told to block any non-work related things. If you go around the block you'll soon find yourself on the block.

Depends.

Where I work any site that even mentions a game is blocked, period.

......but YouTube and facebook.....good to go.....deep.

Likewise you aren't proxying around the switches, or going remote.

4g plus laptop.....and I don't even do that, no work would get done, I use it for homework.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#71 - 2012-09-21 08:42:49 UTC
Can someone tell me how I can connect my abacus because for some reason I believe someone higher up has blocked it?

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar