These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

part2: ask me anything about bitcoin

Author
Akita T
Caldari Navy Volunteer Task Force
#21 - 2012-09-20 04:51:08 UTC
Corwain wrote:
Akita T wrote:
As long as you're only talking deposits and withdrawals with no debt of your own in play nor creative investments, does it really matter as long as there's no massive run on the bank ?

Yeah, that's what they told all those people who wanted to "own" a "house"

That's a debt of your own in play right there, the loaning of money from the bank (to buy a living space, in that case).
ceaon
#22 - 2012-09-20 08:41:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ceaon
Bigpimping wrote:
The **** is a Bristol pound?

is a alternative currency for a town (there are few more on GB) this paper money is not legal tender at state level but can become "local tender" to pay local taxes, this solution is cannot compete w/ bitcoin and the whole point is to avoid state taxation

more stuff

this things can be new to you but GB colonies did have some monetary freedom, HK dint have a "central bank" until 1993 and HK banks did have their own banknotes = paper money

anytime banks can join and form a private clearing house association that can act like a central bank(lender of last resort) for the associated banks, this central bank can settle transaction between this banks and control and issue their own paper money, the option to make other paper money is always there (unlikely to be for EU citizens)

Micheal Dietrich wrote:
Can I use it to buy a candy bar? I really want a candy bar right now.

http://www.bitcoinworldmarket.com/products/7913-chunks-carob-hawaiian-spirulina-1x10lb.aspx

is all about money

Corwain
Rum Booty Plunder
#23 - 2012-09-21 12:23:24 UTC
Akita T wrote:
Corwain wrote:
Akita T wrote:
As long as you're only talking deposits and withdrawals with no debt of your own in play nor creative investments, does it really matter as long as there's no massive run on the bank ?

Yeah, that's what they told all those people who wanted to "own" a "house"

That's a debt of your own in play right there, the loaning of money from the bank (to buy a living space, in that case).

You obviously know nothing about finance. MERS, derp?
Tarn Kugisa
Kugisa Dynamics
#24 - 2012-09-25 06:56:08 UTC
how do I go about acquiring said bitcoins?

Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to troll everyone you meet - KuroVolt

Previous page12