These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Where are the Jovians??? This Question still hasn't answered yet!!!

Author
Carola Kessler
Lost Sisters Of New Eden
#1 - 2011-10-15 12:13:32 UTC
So....since 100 years after the great Yulai convention and the terror act from the Elders blowing up Concord Headquarters nothing has been heard coming from any offical Jovian representative or someone having contact to them in a secret manner.

I'm wondering if the Jovians have completely died out now or they're hiding in their isolated empire to the north not longer caring about their Human brothren and sisters in the rest from the New Eden cluster......are they fallen in a somewhat degenerative and ignorant stasis? Or do they plan a big return at some point?

I'd really like to hear from someone with authority in regards to the High council of the 5 Empires which Jovians where part of.

I'm quite disappointed about the lack of voices heard coming from this institution also with having the Sansha threat ongoing and there maybe are rumors the 4 Empires plan to start another big war totally ignoring the Yulai convention agreements.

Does Concord have any answer? Or anyone else?

Sincerly

Carola Kessler

P.S. : This is not only a try to start a roleplay it's also a serious question to CCP if they have any plans to get Jovians back in the game again more actively.
Yiole Gionglao
#2 - 2011-10-15 12:16:06 UTC
Jovians are being spared for when EVE reaches the point of jumping the shark. The day Jovians became playable EVE would die.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Brynhilda
Chimp Hoons Export and Expo Service
Scary Wormhole People
#3 - 2011-10-15 12:46:16 UTC
Jovians were coming but got lost on the way. They tried to make the Kessel run in 12 parsecs.

How may I drug you with drugs?

Carola Kessler
Lost Sisters Of New Eden
#4 - 2011-10-15 13:07:19 UTC
I'm not talking about making Jovians again a playable race, i was more thinking about if Jovians can get NPC like again a bit more active role within the current state, e.g. helping maybe the Empires getting rid on the Sansha, or Jovian Scientists working together with scientists from the Other Empires under protection by Concord to build a new Ship for all 4 races as a counter for the Sansha virus which causes the mali in the Incursion Systems.

Jovians beeing a playable race would be for sure have a to heavy impact on the game balance if their Ships are still that overpowered like they used to be, but....maybe within all those years Jaovians perhaps had lost some of their advances and got Degenerative lately so their tech is suffering and comes down close to the allover in the rest from Eve used technology.

Wouldn't be that hard for the CCP devs to get the Jove ships rebalanced if this would be the case or?
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2011-10-15 13:19:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Florestan Bronstein
The SCT does still exist - and we have no reason to believe that they cleaned all Jovians from their ranks, in fact we know that they only started to admit non-Jovian children "a few decades ago".

And in general just because they don't meddle in your affairs and you can't get to their home does not imply they are not there.
Guy Grand
Doomheim
#6 - 2011-10-15 13:22:19 UTC
The Jovians are an enigmatic mystery and should remain so. Not everything, in any fictional setting, should be known. This leaves things open to the imagination, which does a far better job at pleasing the sensibilities of its possessor than having everything explained in detail and set in stone. This was a narrative technique invented by H.P. Lovecraft used to great effect in his and many other fictional settings, including this one. Certainty makes things less interesting and more comfortable, which is boring.
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-10-15 14:16:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Nephilius
Carola Kessler wrote:
I'm not talking about making Jovians again a playable race, i was more thinking about if Jovians can get NPC like again a bit more active role within the current state, e.g. helping maybe the Empires getting rid on the Sansha, or Jovian Scientists working together with scientists from the Other Empires under protection by Concord to build a new Ship for all 4 races as a counter for the Sansha virus which causes the mali in the Incursion Systems.

Jovians beeing a playable race would be for sure have a to heavy impact on the game balance if their Ships are still that overpowered like they used to be, but....maybe within all those years Jaovians perhaps had lost some of their advances and got Degenerative lately so their tech is suffering and comes down close to the allover in the rest from Eve used technology.

Wouldn't be that hard for the CCP devs to get the Jove ships rebalanced if this would be the case or?

Why would the Jovians help get rid of the Sanshas? The reason the Sanshas are doing what they are doing is because the Jovians sent them as a scout strike force to test the defenses of New Eden in an effort to gauge the best places to strike and what will be needed to take over. And their little sickness? A smokescreen at best.
"If."
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#8 - 2011-10-15 14:29:03 UTC
From the backstory perspective the Jovians, or rather their absence are probably somehow related to the sansha incursions, but it seems all efforts on story are currently on hold. The last EVE chronicle was almost a year ago and news are rare.

Personally I would not mind if the sanshas get a break and instead suddenly a number of new and powerful rogue drone hives appear across New Eden, but that is probably just me.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Carola Kessler
Lost Sisters Of New Eden
#9 - 2011-10-15 14:53:14 UTC
Well it's very sad to hear and see that Jovians want to stay obscure and mysterious as with CCP intention or without, but ...another thing which really irks me up is...seeing all this empty space in the north Called Jovian Empire with god knows what resources minerals, secrets and whatnots , would be pretty cool it could get explored by players in a close future....making the Jovians maybe like the Sleepers or tlalocans or Yan jung so perhaps a few shattered jovian survivors could still be around and get teachers for the rest from new eden giving a new technologically Boost.

Perhaps beeing able at some point to reopen the Eve gate and building up contact with our ancients the Terrans again?
Carola Kessler
Lost Sisters Of New Eden
#10 - 2011-10-15 20:32:43 UTC
So...seems CCP isn't giving any statement about status regarding the Jovians.....very sad to see this happen, i'm a bit disapointed about this fact Sad
Infinimo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-10-15 20:34:46 UTC
who cares? not me

Theta Squad best squad. Monocle crew represent~

Ugleb
Jotunn Risi
#12 - 2011-10-15 21:17:25 UTC
The Jovians are CCP's earth shattering plot mechanic. Just the hint of their involvement, or of someone laying hands on a piece of intact jovian tech is enough to propel a major story arc forwards.

Its hinted/rumoured that Sansha's ability to open wormholes and launch his incursions is due to some piece of Jovian technology found in an abandoned(?) Jovian station. That was only last year, so the Jove are indirectly influencing the storyline still.

The problem with using the Jove is that they are so powerful that they can overcome any likely military threat. And the day they can't, they lose their power. Kind of like Star Trek abd the Borg, they were over used in Voyager to the point where an encounter with them became routine and an even more awesome threat had to be invented. Then they stopped making series or films after that point and switched to prequels.

Not using the Jove for years at a time is a good thing, they are meant to be isolationists so the less we see of them the greater their narrative power.

http://uglebsjournal.wordpress.com/

The Jotunn Risi are now recruiting, Brutor ancestry required in order to best represent the Brutor interest.  Join channel JORIS to learn more!

Foodpimp
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2011-10-15 21:19:14 UTC
Why does everyone always blame the Jov's?
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#14 - 2011-10-15 21:26:27 UTC
Carola Kessler wrote:
So....since 100 years after the great Yulai convention and the terror act from the Elders blowing up Concord Headquarters nothing has been heard coming from any offical Jovian representative or someone having contact to them in a secret manner.

I'm wondering if the Jovians have completely died out now or they're hiding in their isolated empire to the north not longer caring about their Human brothren and sisters in the rest from the New Eden cluster......are they fallen in a somewhat degenerative and ignorant stasis? Or do they plan a big return at some point?

I'd really like to hear from someone with authority in regards to the High council of the 5 Empires which Jovians where part of.

I'm quite disappointed about the lack of voices heard coming from this institution also with having the Sansha threat ongoing and there maybe are rumors the 4 Empires plan to start another big war totally ignoring the Yulai convention agreements.

Does Concord have any answer? Or anyone else?

Sincerly

Carola Kessler

P.S. : This is not only a try to start a roleplay it's also a serious question to CCP if they have any plans to get Jovians back in the game again more actively.

Ever heard of the Society of Conscious Thougth?

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Lord Hygrim
Anonymous Corporation Pilots
Anonymous Pilots Alliance
#15 - 2011-10-15 21:29:59 UTC
Meh, i personaly choose to belive there is 1 and only 1 access point to jov space and its just that nobody has found it yet :p
Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#16 - 2011-10-16 04:44:09 UTC
They call themselves DRF now

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Darth Skorpius
352 Industries
#17 - 2011-10-16 04:55:23 UTC
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
From the backstory perspective the Jovians, or rather their absence are probably somehow related to the sansha incursions, but it seems all efforts on story are currently on hold. The last EVE chronicle was almost a year ago and news are rare.

Personally I would not mind if the sanshas get a break and instead suddenly a number of new and powerful rogue drone hives appear across New Eden, but that is probably just me.

yeah, the live events that started last year had no story behind them
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#18 - 2011-10-16 04:56:13 UTC
Enslaved by the Sansha, and their technology eaten by the rouge drones.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

T' Elk
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2011-10-16 05:21:14 UTC
Lemme put it simply, and hopefully your feeble mortal's mind will comprehend this. The Jove = The Q Continuum, but instead of gods they are thousands of years ahead of the other empire races in terms of technology. For the Jovians to interfere with the empire races too much would be to cause major problems in the evolution of the empires, technologically speaking. Remember the battle of Vak-Atioth? The Jovians basically annihilated the entire Imperial Navy with a mothership that sat back and lazily sniped a few ships, some cruisers laying down support, and a couple squadrons of frigates. Any of their technology integrated into just one of the empires would cause an epic instability in power.

~Badposter since FOOOOREEEEEVAAAAAR~ I come back after 2 years to THIS? ~Now 4 years apparently

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#20 - 2011-10-16 05:26:57 UTC
Darth Skorpius wrote:
Deviana Sevidon wrote:

yeah, the live events that started last year had no story behind them

We been having chonricles you just been lookin in the wrong spot.

DUST 514

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

123Next page