These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP – Humiliation via Face Book / Double Standards

First post
Author
Dibble Dabble
Capital Assets Inc
#1 - 2012-09-18 18:37:17 UTC
A recent post by CCP on Facebook shared a link to a killboard kill. The loss a 22bil freighter, to a empire suicide gank using 6 T1 battlecruisers. It would appear that CCP marketing think its a good thing to humiliate a player via facebook. It should be noted that it’s not allowed to post killboard links in the official forums. Double standards is not new to CCP and maybe the continual decline in player numbers is causing them to resort to desperate measures to market the game.

CCP have locked threads, containing a kill board links in their official forums where posting is restricted to “paying” members however they are happy to not only endorse the humiliation of a player in public , but use this as a marketing tool.

I would question why CCP would sanction such a move. Are they now telling everyone that in 3 months you and a few mates can have the skills to cause someone to suffer such a loss? Are they now telling everyone that 3 month old alts can fund their game play with a little empire suicide ganking if they get lucky. Maybe they been taking lessons from the Goon Marketing Department, we know how much they just love to publicly humiliate other players.

I was told some time ago that creating disposable suicide alt accounts was not allowed and bans could be applied. Let’s do the sums for a suicide alt: Skills, 3 Months Plex and some ships. Cost £3bil. Income £10-20 bil before sec status hits -5 or CCP take action. Delete account, start again. No Risk, High Reward.

It would it appear to me that CCP are no longer marketing a game that used to be based on strategy, skills, risk, planning to one of quick and easy wins, no risk and little skill, otherwise known as console gaming and I wonder why? How much have CCP risked on Dust? In order for Eve to work with Dust are we going to dumb down Eve? Will skill points, experience, planning and large scale team work no longer matter.

Looks to me like CCP has lost its love of Eve in favour of the mass market that console games can access. Question is should Dust fail what impact will it have on Eve? Wonder how long before CCP offer cheat codes and vanity items become more than a just a pair of boots.

Maybe your misfortune will be CCP's next victim in CCP humiliation of their paying members, thats how much they value you.

So, following CCP's lead, I have sold my Capital BPO's and I have taken down my POS's. I have 3 suicide alts in training. Will share my success / failure at Xmas.

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#2 - 2012-09-18 18:40:00 UTC
Sorry about your freighter loss.
Robert De'Arneth
#3 - 2012-09-18 18:40:03 UTC
I have one question, 2 really.

1. What does facebook have to do with these forums?
2. Where is your proof of declining numbers?

I'm a nerd, you can check my stats!! Skilling Int/Mem at 45 sp per minute is how I mack!     I'm like a lapdog, all bark no bite. 

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-09-18 18:40:06 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Dibble Dabble wrote:
A recent post by CCP on Facebook shared a link to a killboard kill. The loss a 22bil freighter, to a empire suicide gank using 6 T1 battlecruisers. It would appear that CCP marketing think its a good thing to humiliate a player via facebook. It should be noted that it’s not allowed to post killboard links in the official forums. Double standards is not new to CCP and maybe the continual decline in player numbers is causing them to resort to desperate measures to market the game.

CCP have locked threads, containing a kill board links in their official forums where posting is restricted to “paying” members however they are happy to not only endorse the humiliation of a player in public , but use this as a marketing tool.

I would question why CCP would sanction such a move. Are they now telling everyone that in 3 months you and a few mates can have the skills to cause someone to suffer such a loss? Are they now telling everyone that 3 month old alts can fund their game play with a little empire suicide ganking if they get lucky. Maybe they been taking lessons from the Goon Marketing Department, we know how much they just love to publicly humiliate other players.

I was told some time ago that creating disposable suicide alt accounts was not allowed and bans could be applied. Let’s do the sums for a suicide alt: Skills, 3 Months Plex and some ships. Cost £3bil. Income £10-20 bil before sec status hits -5 or CCP take action. Delete account, start again. No Risk, High Reward.

It would it appear to me that CCP are no longer marketing a game that used to be based on strategy, skills, risk, planning to one of quick and easy wins, no risk and little skill, otherwise known as console gaming and I wonder why? How much have CCP risked on Dust? In order for Eve to work with Dust are we going to dumb down Eve? Will skill points, experience, planning and large scale team work no longer matter.

Looks to me like CCP has lost its love of Eve in favour of the mass market that console games can access. Question is should Dust fail what impact will it have on Eve? Wonder how long before CCP offer cheat codes and vanity items become more than a just a pair of boots.

Maybe your misfortune will be CCP's next victim in CCP humiliation of their paying members, thats how much they value you.

So, following CCP's lead, I have sold my Capital BPO's and I have taken down my POS's. I have 3 suicide alts in training. Will share my success / failure at Xmas.

It's not humiliating unless someone opens his mouth crying about how it's his ship he lost...
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#5 - 2012-09-18 18:43:33 UTC
Dibble Dabble wrote:
A recent post by CCP on Facebook shared a link to a killboard kill. The loss a 22bil freighter, to a empire suicide gank using 6 T1 battlecruisers. It would appear that CCP marketing think its a good thing to humiliate a player via facebook.

I think this is a good thing too.

Dibble Dabble wrote:

This is a good plan. Godspeed, sir!

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Korsiri
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-09-18 18:43:48 UTC
sorry - Facebook - lol

second, um, this is Eve? I'm a pretty hard core indy gal and frankly even I know CCP endorses PVP in any shape/form. Did you just figure this out? It's hardly a double standard, more an open standard.
WTFAMILOOKINGAT
Horizon Research Group
#7 - 2012-09-18 18:45:12 UTC
I had no idea about this until the OP posted it. Thanks OP, I'm off to FB to taunt the loser.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#8 - 2012-09-18 18:46:53 UTC
Facebook is for scrubs.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-18 18:50:01 UTC
Ocih wrote:
Facebook is for scrubs.

So it's for people carrying 20 bill of cargo in a freighter?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-09-18 18:52:02 UTC
Highsec doesn't have real tactics involved due to game mechanics that suffocate consequential PVP. You should be happy that something of interest to anyone happened in highsec ever.

hth
Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-09-18 18:53:32 UTC
Dibble Dabble wrote:

"my freighter runs aren't absolutely free of risk, therefore, eve online is no longer a game of strategy, skills, risk and planning"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#12 - 2012-09-18 18:54:26 UTC
facebook is the definition of public humiliation

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#13 - 2012-09-18 19:01:35 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Highsec doesn't have real tactics involved due to game mechanics that suffocate consequential PVP. You should be happy that something of interest to anyone happened in highsec ever.

hth

>no bubbles
>no titan bridges
>no cynos
>no supercaps
>no massive blobs
>T2 ships and such can legitimately be fielded in a multi-role fleet

Yep, just another day in boring highsec in which the war is the same. Oh boy I wish I had structures to grind and maelstrom blob CTAs to attend.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#14 - 2012-09-18 19:02:45 UTC
There are so many mistakes, misinterpretations, and so much eroneous information contained in this one post I cannot bring myself to spend the time necessary to point it all out.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Astroniomix
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-09-18 19:03:11 UTC
Dibble Dabble wrote:

Trashing an alt with ANY negative sec status, (doesn't have to be -5) is an exploit and will get you busted.
And the nice thing about "disposable" suicide alts is they are reusable. Just have to grind some sec status or keep moving.
Andski
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-09-18 19:03:30 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
>T2 ships and such can legitimately be fielded in a multi-role fleet

npc corp logi docking games, the height of elite pvp

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#17 - 2012-09-18 19:04:25 UTC
Dibble Dabble wrote:

Ah those never dying logical fallacies , the "people in eve are doing things I don't like so sub numbers will fall because everyone is just as offended as me" one and the "it's so wrong for 6 COMBAT ships to be able to kill a single but very expensive UNARMED INDUSTRIAL ship" one.

I don't know which is worse.
Andski
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-09-18 19:06:11 UTC
also lol you think nobody uses t2 hulls in 0.0 fleet combat

we absolutely do not have logistics, recons, hictors, dictors, interceptors in our fleet compositions and we do not have fleet compositions based on HACs

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-09-18 19:13:14 UTC
I don't see the problem. oh wait no loot was dropped that was the issue.
No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#20 - 2012-09-18 19:13:25 UTC
The crescendo is building...can you hear it?

123Next pageLast page