These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Winter] Attack Cruisers

First post First post
Author
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#21 - 2012-09-18 12:34:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Garviel Tarrant
Question, are you going to slow down BC's at all?

It seems to me that a good thing to make more difference in between ships would be to expand the upper/lower speeds (frigs -> battleships)

Not sure about the laser changes, I guess letting more hips fit bigger lasers or lasers AND tank will make them more viable as well as raising the dps of laser boats a bit.

Not sure if its enough but.. I personally think lasers should out dps the other guns from blaster optimal to laser optimal. I always thought they were supposed to rule that mid range.

I also really hope this won't birth armor thoraxes being unusual >_>

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Bagehi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-09-18 12:35:30 UTC
Being able to fit an Amarr ship without HAVING to fit a RCU or two? Awesome!

Thorax having a better hull tank? Epic. Fingers are crossed that more comes of that.

Caracal turning into even more of a frigate killer? Nice.

Stabber that is even faster. Yes. Very yes.

Someone get this man a beer... then tell him to keep working, it is a fantastic start, but there are half a million ships to go!
I'm Down
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#23 - 2012-09-18 12:36:25 UTC
I would also strongly consider giving Medium class Pulse lasers an extra 1-2km base range. Right now, Autocannons ( better tracking, no capacitor, etc) can achieve so much better range. Pulses with scorch should be able to hit about 30km before any TE/TC's are ever added.

This would be a good balancing issue rather than boosting their DPS, which is pretty limited.
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-09-18 12:36:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Warde Guildencrantz
Wivabel wrote:
Not happy with the thorax. With an 800 plate I can fit only IONs with a 1600 plate I cant even fit electrons without fitting mods. On the shield side it barely fits with the lack of cpu. looks like you will not have tank or gank on this ship at the moment.

Stabber looks awesome though it is soo soo much faster than the other three may be kinda imbalanced.

Did you take into account the 25% engineering bonus to PG and the 25% electronics bonus to cpu, as well as weapon upgrades and AWU?

Allandri wrote:
Would it be possible to exchange the caracal's missile velocity bonus for one of explosion velocity to better fit into the idea of attack cruisers being close range?

Caracal should always be a long range missile platform and should never not be.

Regarding the changes, I really think another 10m/s on everything cept the stabber would better differentiate attack cruisers from combat cruisers, seeing as the speed difference between attack and combat frigates is huge, whereas on the cruiser level it will be around 10-15 m/s as it currently looks.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-09-18 12:37:04 UTC
My excitment level just went through the roof.

Really looking forward to the new Caracal and Thorax stats, and the Stabber should be pretty interesting as well.

I lied :o

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#26 - 2012-09-18 12:38:32 UTC
I'm Down wrote:
I would also strongly consider giving Medium class Pulse lasers an extra 1-2km base range. Right now, Autocannons ( better tracking, no capacitor, etc) can achieve so much better range. Pulses with scorch should be able to hit about 30km before any TE/TC's are ever added.

This would be a good balancing issue rather than boosting their DPS, which is pretty limited.

No short range medium gun should be able to shoot that bloody far, Why is there no such thing as short range in this game anymore?

The problem isn't that lasers don't have enough range, its that autos have to great a range >_>

Wivabel
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2012-09-18 12:39:01 UTC
Warde Guildencrantz wrote:
Wivabel wrote:
Not happy with the thorax. With an 800 plate I can fit only IONs with a 1600 plate I cant even fit electrons without fitting mods. On the shield side it barely fits with the lack of cpu. looks like you will not have tank or gank on this ship at the moment.

Stabber looks awesome though it is soo soo much faster than the other three may be kinda imbalanced.

Did you take into account the 25% engineering bonus to PG and the 25% electronics bonus to cpu, as well as weapon upgrades and AWU?

Yep with max skills

I am not sure if I am going to log in anymore.......

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#28 - 2012-09-18 12:40:36 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Caracal:
Cruiser skill bonuses:
5% bonus Rapid Light, Heavy Assault and Heavy Missile Launcher rate of fire
10% bonus to Light, Heavy Assault and Heavy Missile Velocity

Slot layout: 5 H, 5 M, 4 L (+2), 2 turrets, 5 launchers
Fittings: 630 PWG (+100), 430 CPU (+80)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 1700(+137) / 1200(+145) / 1500(+171)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 1250(+187.5) / 445s(+63.75s) / 2.8 (+0.02)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 225(+47) / 0.425 / 12910000 / 5.1s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 10 / 10
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 57.5km / 270(+28) / 6
Sensor strength: 16 Gravimetric (+1)
Signature radius: 135 (-10)
Cargo capacity: 450

Does the Caracal really need 100km range in its missiles? Wouldn't it be better if it worked better at a slightly more reasonable range?

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-09-18 12:41:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Warde Guildencrantz
Wivabel wrote:
Wivabel wrote:

Yep with max skills

Fitting neutrons with a 1600 tank was always something exclusive to battlecruisers for gallente anyhow, the thorax is meant to be quick and wield huge dps.

Garviel Tarrant wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Caracal:
Cruiser skill bonuses:
5% bonus Rapid Light, Heavy Assault and Heavy Missile Launcher rate of fire
10% bonus to Light, Heavy Assault and Heavy Missile Velocity

Slot layout: 5 H, 5 M, 4 L (+2), 2 turrets, 5 launchers
Fittings: 630 PWG (+100), 430 CPU (+80)
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 1700(+137) / 1200(+145) / 1500(+171)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 1250(+187.5) / 445s(+63.75s) / 2.8 (+0.02)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 225(+47) / 0.425 / 12910000 / 5.1s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 10 / 10
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 57.5km / 270(+28) / 6
Sensor strength: 16 Gravimetric (+1)
Signature radius: 135 (-10)
Cargo capacity: 450

Does the Caracal really need 100km range in its missiles? Wouldn't it be better if it worked better at a slightly more reasonable range?

As previously stated quite a few times, they want to look at the range of heavy missiles. Caracal has always had this bonus, i don't see why it becomes OP now, when it can actually use it to a reasonable extent.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Connall Tara
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-09-18 12:41:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Connall Tara
wivabel:

[Thorax, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Experimental 10MN MicroWarpdrive I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Hammerhead II x5

this is now... I think we'll be fine with the new layout with 30 extra cpu for MOAR WEBBING! considering the overall preformance the single PG rig isn't exactly a crippling weakness ^_^

Naomi Knight - "You must be CCP Rise alt , that would explain everything"

Wivabel
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2012-09-18 12:45:03 UTC
Connall Tara wrote:
wivabel:

[Thorax, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II

Hammerhead II x5

this is now... I think we'll be fine with the new layout with 30 extra cpu for MOAR WEBBING! considering the overall preformance the single PG rig isn't exactly a crippling weakness ^_^

it is dumb to need a fitting mod to fit the smallest guns

I am not sure if I am going to log in anymore.......

tgl3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-09-18 12:46:57 UTC
Wivabel wrote:
Connall Tara wrote:
wivabel:

[Thorax, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II

Hammerhead II x5

Not empty quoting.
DeBingJos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2012-09-18 12:47:04 UTC
Wivabel wrote:
Connall Tara wrote:
wivabel:

[Thorax, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II

Hammerhead II x5

I lolled really hard at that statement.

Ungi maðurinn þekkir reglurnar, en gamli maðurinn þekkir undantekningarnar. The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions.

Allandri
Liandri Industrial
#34 - 2012-09-18 12:47:16 UTC

Allandri wrote:
Would it be possible to exchange the caracal's missile velocity bonus for one of explosion velocity to better fit into the idea of attack cruisers being close range?

Caracal should always be a long range missile platform and should never not be.

Long range missile platforms are generally the bottom of the pile when it comes to pvp. I would love to see a HAM brawler caracal that actually had bonuses for damage projection instead of kiting
MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#35 - 2012-09-18 12:52:55 UTC  |  Edited by: MisterNick
6 lows on the Omen? Shocked That thing is going to hurt

The thorax's tracking bonus is a nice idea but the base speed buff might need a little extra to make up for the lost mwd bonus. it's not like it has a choice regarding getting all up in your face.

Stabbers are going to be the new FOTM then, with that falloff bonus and that speed nothing's ever going to catch it, except maybe a navy Exequror Blink

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#36 - 2012-09-18 12:56:01 UTC

As previously stated quite a few times, they want to look at the range of heavy missiles. Caracal has always had this bonus, i don't see why it becomes OP now, when it can actually use it to a reasonable extent.

Yea i'm saying that its a stupid bonus that is only useful in weird unlikely situations. Or if you want to kite with heavy assaults?

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#37 - 2012-09-18 12:56:17 UTC
+1. I like it :)

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Alara IonStorm
#38 - 2012-09-18 12:57:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Well this sucks. I wish you better luck Combat Cruisers.

RIP Caracal / Stabber.
Pinky Denmark
The Cursed Navy
#39 - 2012-09-18 12:57:08 UTC
Stabber will actually be a horsehair slower than it was before due to the missing velocity bonus (about 3-4 m/s slower base stats) But you have a 4th lowslot for speed modules if you want hehe
Mr Floydy
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#40 - 2012-09-18 12:57:09 UTC
Changes look awesome :) T1 cruisers are going to be fun soon! :)