These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stabber Winter Remodel

Author
Operator 151
#1 - 2012-09-17 20:33:01 UTC
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#2 - 2012-09-17 20:36:20 UTC
Very cool. I suppose the Stabber Fleet Issue will be the same, with a greenish tint? Cool
Dak Dallocort
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-09-17 20:39:04 UTC
Vagabond gets its neckbeard back just in time for winter.
Uris Vitgar
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-09-17 21:12:56 UTC
The vagabond looks nice, and it would be even better if the tongue came back as well. For the stabber I don't know, it looks more like something designed by amarr than by minmatar
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#5 - 2012-09-17 21:39:50 UTC
Uris Vitgar wrote:
The vagabond looks nice, and it would be even better if the tongue came back as well. For the stabber I don't know, it looks more like something designed by amarr than by minmatar

I'm sorry, but your post makes absolutely no sense. The two hulls are virtually identical except for the wingy bits.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#6 - 2012-09-17 21:41:40 UTC
I think they upgraded the stabber from duct tape to gorilla tape! (That stuff is MAGIC!)
Yatama Kautsuo
Tencus
#7 - 2012-09-17 21:45:46 UTC
wow, i am really blown away...

awesome job whoever did this. give this guy/girl a medail!!
Aziesta
Quantshure
#8 - 2012-09-17 21:48:32 UTC
Oh good, another ship that has a face. That said....it looks like it wants to eat me...but I can't look away...
Uris Vitgar
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-09-17 22:24:34 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
The two hulls are virtually identical except for the wingy bits.

Well, for a tech II ship, it kind of makes sense that it should look more high-tech and less... ethnic. The tech I ships however; if they can't characterise the race then what will?
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#10 - 2012-09-17 22:36:06 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
gorilla tape
Such a thing exists?
Why didn't anybody tell me? Shocked

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

Ame Sonoda
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-09-17 22:45:31 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-09-17 22:53:15 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Uris Vitgar wrote:

I'm sorry, but your post makes absolutely no sense. The two hulls are virtually identical except for the wingy bits.

They have a proper name you know Evil

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-09-17 22:55:42 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Uris Vitgar wrote:

They have a proper name you know Evil

I thought "wingy bits" WAS the proper name.
Selinate
#14 - 2012-09-17 23:21:00 UTC
they're getting rid of the trusses that are a staple of most minmatar ships?

Interesting. I actually am liking the way the vagabond looks now.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-09-17 23:57:37 UTC
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#16 - 2012-09-18 00:28:52 UTC
Selinate wrote:
they're getting rid of the trusses that are a staple of most minmatar ships?

Interesting. I actually am liking the way the vagabond looks now.

I noticed the Minmatar Bomber got a smooth looking finish to it's umm.. I don't know what to call them, so I'll just go with Skeleton structure. Much better than the squarish bars I saw originally.

I like the new Stabber, and it is very sleek looking. Definitely Minmatar, and not Amarr. Amarr does beetle things. I think the closest thing they have to Sleek is the purifier. Also, Amarr has religious scrolling and stuff. Like gilded ships, pretty near all of them.

I honestly wish they'd make that go away, but I guess we'll have to put up with it for awhile longer. Some people may even like it, but I'm not a fan. I like simple things; conservative, if not quite spartan. I do like engraving and the like in the right place, provided it suits my taste. Celtic designs on ancient armor and such, look good to me. The Tara Brooch filled me with awe the first time I saw a high resolution picture of it. Incredible, and beautiful.

But not that stuff on the Amarr ships; no more than I like other 'treasures,' which are naught but gilded trinkets and trophies, made of precious metals and other materials. Nothing impressive there. The metal has no value or beauty in and of itself, but that which is crafted into it by people who see it as a medium with which to work, rather than some valuable alternative to money.

So, Amarr ships and gilding aside, I like the new changes to Minamtar ships. They were looking pretty strikingly un-spacelike the way they were. More like rusted iron building frames, and junk that had been scrapped in a yard. Maybe not all of them ;)
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Hasril Pux
Red Cabal
#17 - 2012-09-29 20:22:51 UTC
I like the new artwork. But I have to admit something that has really been bugging me ever since all of this artistic revamp started. I HATE losing the old ship art. I hate it ALOT, especially the Stabber. I love the ugly little bastard, and I'm kind of pissed it's going to change. I also was glad they removed the wingdings from the vagabond and I'm not happy to see that they are being brought back.

I hope there might be some way to keep the archaic designs around. Maybe they could be crappy second-rate versions of the newer sleeker ones, but with some other sort of dynamic advantage, like maybe the ability to safely remove and re-use rigs.

Not all ships should be pretty. War is an ugly business and military hardware cares nothing about looking cool. Seriously. I always liked EVE for it's adherence to that reality, now I'm starting to see that slowly and painfully slip away.

Can't the developers just design some Tech III cruisers based on the old ones and let them be the recipients of the new art?

If you like any of the older ship models (original artwork) better than the redesign of your favorite hull and don't want them to be lost forever, support ship customization and this feature request.

Alexa Coates
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-09-29 20:52:04 UTC
Hasril Pux wrote:
I like the new artwork. But I have to admit something that has really been bugging me ever since all of this artistic revamp started. I HATE losing the old ship art. I hate it ALOT, especially the Stabber. I love the ugly little bastard, and I'm kind of pissed it's going to change. I also was glad they removed the wingdings from the vagabond and I'm not happy to see that they are being brought back.

I hope there might be some way to keep the archaic designs around. Maybe they could be crappy second-rate versions of the newer sleeker ones, but with some other sort of dynamic advantage, like maybe the ability to safely remove and re-use rigs.

Not all ships should be pretty. War is an ugly business and military hardware cares nothing about looking cool. Seriously. I always liked EVE for it's adherence to that reality, now I'm starting to see that slowly and painfully slip away.

Can't the developers just design some Tech III cruisers based on the old ones and let them be the recipients of the new art?

They aren't making them pretty, they're advancing minmatar lore pretty much. I mean, it was hundreds of years ago that they rebelled and won, it's about time they stop flying barely-functional scrap heaps to actually sturdy, well designed ships. Take off the nostalgia goggles and lets move on.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#19 - 2012-09-29 20:57:56 UTC
Alexa Coates wrote:
Hasril Pux wrote:

They aren't making them pretty, they're advancing minmatar lore pretty much. I mean, it was hundreds of years ago that they rebelled and won, it's about time they stop flying barely-functional scrap heaps to actually sturdy, well designed ships. Take off the nostalgia goggles and lets move on.

Spot on.

Fear the tribes!

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Sgt AngelWisper Mortis
Shadow Angels Of Requiem
#20 - 2012-09-29 21:20:45 UTC
Indeed.

And i absolutely LOVE the new Vagabond Model !Smile

Your darkest secret can be someone else's desired wish._