These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP reveals new info about ORE frigate and Caldari Destroyer pics

First post
Author
Deise Koraka
Caldari Investigations and Forensics
#101 - 2012-09-16 20:15:14 UTC
1.See thread about new mining frigate and new Caldari destroyer!
2.Click it....oh gosh this is going to be so awesome!
3.Several pages of people bitching about warp strength on a frigate that cant fight, has no tank.
4.Realize my brain is leaking from my nose, close window and go outside for fresh air.

I am a carebear, and I support High Sec ganking and PvP. Just please, don't blow up my Hulk*. **<3 **

*Mackinaw as of Inferno 1.2

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2012-09-16 21:27:20 UTC
There has been a need for a gas mining ship for a long time so i'm happy with this news.

... But with this gas mining ship, with only one gas miner, be better than using a normal ship with 5 t2 gas harvesters?

Grey Azorria
Federation Industries
#103 - 2012-09-16 22:04:15 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
There has been a need for a gas mining ship for a long time so i'm happy with this news.

... But with this gas mining ship, with only one gas miner, be better than using a normal ship with 5 t2 gas harvesters?

It has three miners...

4 High slots, 3 turret hardpoints and an utility slot.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Sometimes when I post, I look at my sig and wish that I'd follow my own god damned advice.

Romvex
TURN LEFT
#104 - 2012-09-16 22:56:05 UTC
i'm holding my breath until the other race's dessies are revealed
Quivering Palm
Perkone
Caldari State
#105 - 2012-09-16 23:16:48 UTC
Quivering Palm wrote:

We have uploaded the full audio recording from CCP presentations from CCP Guard (on EVE Community) and CCP Tallest (on Game Design)

Also uploaded 2 brand new Planet Risk show episodes that cover the Interviews with SummerFest organizers, CCP Devs and players that attended the Events :)

Enjoy!
qp
Dino Boff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2012-09-16 23:44:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Dino Boff
People currently harvest with cruiser or BC. All have enough low slots and cpu (some cruiser require a cpu rig) for 5 harvesters and 1/2 stab. Currently, to gank a harvesting fleet, you use bombers fitted with 3/4 points since you expect the ships to have stabs.

A frigate will have less low slots and cpu. It might actually be very difficult to fit even one stab on it. Giving it better warp strength seems fine to me since it's an industrial ship designed to go in hostile territories like deep space transport.

PS: for ladars in w-space, where we do not need to tank the clouds.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#107 - 2012-09-17 00:28:55 UTC
Will this frigate be better at gas harvesting than a buffer tanked Rokh?
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#108 - 2012-09-17 03:57:13 UTC
Alea wrote:
Arec Bardwin wrote:
James 315 wrote:
More mining ships, kinda meh on that idea to be honest. Time to get EVE out of the mining business. Would be very cool to get a new ship or ship class specialized for bumping miners though Smile
Isn't this getting stale now?

That's his only claim to fame so he's milking it for everything it's got, I kinda feel sorry for the dude as it seems bumping barges is all he's got to look forward to in life.

Come now, it's not my only claim to fame, if you know your history...

Even so, you must certainly concede that even one claim to fame is better than none, yes? Blink
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2012-09-17 07:12:42 UTC
Grey Azorria wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

It has three miners...

4 High slots, 3 turret hardpoints and an utility slot.

Ah okay. Any info on what the mining bonus will be? I'm guessing 100% but 200% would make it a fantastic little ship IMO.
William Walker
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#110 - 2012-09-17 07:31:02 UTC
Are we talking Ladar site gas? Viridian cytoserocin gas and the likes? If so I can understand how it'd have problems tanking damage, those things deal a fair amount. Everything out of nullsec I believe shouldn't be so hostile though. A viable choice for newcomers and null/low mining fleets (do they exist in low?) who need some more manpower but said manpower can't be arsed to train exhumers and the like but still want to help.

Also coercer +1 midslot. YES... YESSSSSSSSSS

ヽ(⌒∇⌒)ノ へ(゜∇、°)へ (◕‿◕✿)

Yolanta Geezenstack
GWA Corp
#111 - 2012-09-17 09:08:07 UTC
James 315 wrote:
Even so, you must certainly concede that even one claim to fame is better than none, yes? Blink

6 pages of discussion, that would be a good quote to feed Godwins Law: there are cases where no fame would have been the better choice. P
Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#112 - 2012-09-17 09:56:19 UTC
William Walker wrote:
Also coercer +1 midslot. YES... YESSSSSSSSSS

Granted it won't be outclassed bu something else again since hull-specific role is going to go away in favour of this thing becoming something more generic.

Mara Rinn wrote:
Will this frigate be better at gas harvesting than a buffer tanked Rokh?

Probably not, but it's not supposed to be THE gas sucker.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2012-09-17 11:12:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Barrogh Habalu wrote:

Probably not, but it's not supposed to be THE gas sucker.

Then what is the point in making the ship? Gas mining is not a beginners activity and there is currently no ship that has a gas mining bonus, so it does in fact, need to be "THE gas sucker".

Here is want i would like to see: If the ship gets a 100% bonus to gas harvester cycle time, then it will be the best gas mining ship by a small but pretty much, an insignificant amount. So ORE should bring out a specialized mod for the ORE frigate.

This new module could have a remote effect that further reduces the cycle time by 10%, so for every 10 ORE frigs in the fleet, you effectively have an extra harvester. This would mean that we would see blobs of these ships roaming through wormhole space harvesting gas, for example.

I would create a group mining activity as well as creating pvp opportunities.
Accki
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2012-09-17 11:25:45 UTC
The point of maiking this ship was due to the rebalance of all frigates the current mining frigs will be no more, so they are making a suitable replacement for new people.

If it has other benifits then thats a bonus
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2012-09-17 11:56:23 UTC
As far as i know it only has gas mining bonuses and not ore mining bonuses, so a new miner may as well fit mining lasers on a normal t1 ship while they train for a retriever.

This will be the only gas mining ship in game so it needs to be good at that job.
Ginger Barbarella
#116 - 2012-09-17 13:46:02 UTC
I like the way my Flycatcher looks just fine, thanks... which means, of course, that it'll be changed. Sad

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

Malice Redeemer
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#117 - 2012-09-19 14:35:16 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
As far as i know it only has gas mining bonuses and not ore mining bonuses, so a new miner may as well fit mining lasers on a normal t1 ship while they train for a retriever.

This will be the only gas mining ship in game so it needs to be good at that job.

I loved the way you armchair dev, its just fantastically bad. Your faulty logic is the cornerstone of what is wrong with this forum, and maybe society as a whole.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-09-19 15:04:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Malice Redeemer wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:

I loved the way you armchair dev, its just fantastically bad. Your faulty logic is the cornerstone of what is wrong with this forum, and maybe society as a whole.

Wow you're so deep Roll

Na, people like you that post but don't have any particular point to make is what's crap about forums in general... At least i put my self out there and say what i think, in an attempt to create a constructive discussion.

Ps. After listening to the recordings of the ORE frig details, it appears that i was wrong and the ORE frig does, in fact, have normal mining bonuses. I just hope that if this is going to be the only specialized gas mining ship in game, that it has some worthwhile bonuses (e.g. 150-200% bonus to gas harvest amount)
Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#119 - 2012-09-20 04:08:58 UTC
Gas mining bonus? Hopefully thats enough to make 3 gas miners outdo a 5 gas miner Moa.
If thats the case, good bye Rook, I am going to make due with a Kitsune (I'm the Logi pilot anyways, not the EWAR guy, though I can do it all. God how old is my char now? Get off mah lawn.) and use the space opened up in the Orca to fit one of these new mining frigates, a bantam and a navitas. Space permitting, maybe I will also get to keep one of my assault ships with me.

Sub-cruiser sized ships. HELLS YEAH.

Also love the look of the new destroyer.

Come sooner please winter expansion. I need you so bad.
Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#120 - 2012-09-20 07:57:20 UTC
thanks for posting this! i demand video next time! By demand i mean could you please?