These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP reveals new info about ORE frigate and Caldari Destroyer pics

First post
Author
Selinate
#81 - 2012-09-16 12:52:03 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:

You are very welcome. It's the least I could do for someone whining about a defenseless industrial ship that hasn't even come out yet and you're already crying on how you won't be able to kill it without having to change your fit, you poor thing.

Instead you're here in a thread about a mining frig that hasn't come out yet and you're already crying and whining upset on how inconvenient it will be for you to kill it

All I said was that I wasn't a fan of the +2 warp strength. I was then met with a swathe of "QQ, GANKER, OMG". I'm hardly the one moaning in this thread. Seems like you guys are very much still butthurt over hulkageddon, and are trying to take out your misery on me. Even though I never even participated... I really don't get why you guys get so upset over losing a few pixels...

Quote:

You know because, fitting a +2 scram is just isn't fair to you to have to do. Or God forbid, following the advice some of you give to miners of getting friends to help you tackle.

Requiring having 2 or 3 people with disruptors fit to tackle one frig should not be necessary. In addition to this, having to get in range with a scram is unnecessary also. This is just all so unnecessary. Why don't we make all ships have this aversion to warp scrambling so we can all get away whenever we please? It doesn't make sense why this ship needs it in particular. Not to mention that if it has +2 warp strength as an innate bonus, this is not clear yet to me whether or not that means it is added onto the already existing 1 warp strength that it presumably has. That's just over the top.

Quote:

And the miners are the carebear? Roll.

Well when you're flaming me for not liking the fact that a mining ship is essentially uncatchable.... yes.... that does make you the carebear
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2012-09-16 13:02:23 UTC  |  Edited by: MatrixSkye Mk2
Selinate wrote:
Requiring having 2 or 3 people with disruptors fit to tackle one frig should not be necessary. In addition to this, having to get in range with a scram is unnecessary also. This is just all so unnecessary.

Can you please explain to me why miners having to bring friends (even to mine veldspar in hi sec) is necessary but YOU having to bring friends or you having to get in range to tackle should not have to be necessary? Why miners required to do silly things like constantly remain aligned while mining is necessary but you having to get into range to tackle is not necessary?

I'm just trying to understand the logic you're bringing here to the table.

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2012-09-16 13:03:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Borlag Crendraven
Just like with the mining barge and exhumer tank buffs, they now have a limited mean of defending themselves. Sure they still can't fend off any attacks on their own, but then again that's exactly how industrial boats should be. Looking at this fart sniffing frig you can say the same thing, a limited mean of defending themselves which is the gtfo ability. It still can't fend off the attack once caught, it still cannot survive being alphaed by a fast locking boat.

Then again, if you wish to catch one of them doing its thing, you're required to either probe the boat or the site it's on, which also gives it an additional form of defense in the advance warning of probes being on dscan. The ladar cloud itself also prevents stealthy approach as the huge size of it allows the puffer to be deep inside the cloud, thus not allowing anything to come near without it being decloaked by the cloud.

These things combined can make catching such boat incredibly hard, even with nice 3 point faction scrams on instalocking ships, so in a way I do see where Selinate's coming from with her complaint. On its own the 2 point warp strenght would be a complete non issue, but with the added defense of the natural enviroment of such boat.... It's maybe a bit too much.
Dragonv2
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2012-09-16 13:04:01 UTC
im liking the new destroyer, it has one little problem though...

im having a hard time telling which end is the front :P
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#85 - 2012-09-16 13:06:28 UTC
Dragonv2 wrote:
im liking the new destroyer, it has one little problem though...

im having a hard time telling which end is the front :P

It's caldari ship, you don't have to know such things. Just press F1.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#86 - 2012-09-16 14:43:30 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
Just like with the mining barge and exhumer tank buffs, they now have a limited mean of defending themselves. Sure they still can't fend off any attacks on their own, but then again that's exactly how industrial boats should be. Looking at this fart sniffing frig you can say the same thing, a limited mean of defending themselves which is the gtfo ability. It still can't fend off the attack once caught, it still cannot survive being alphaed by a fast locking boat.

Then again, if you wish to catch one of them doing its thing, you're required to either probe the boat or the site it's on, which also gives it an additional form of defense in the advance warning of probes being on dscan. The ladar cloud itself also prevents stealthy approach as the huge size of it allows the puffer to be deep inside the cloud, thus not allowing anything to come near without it being decloaked by the cloud.

These things combined can make catching such boat incredibly hard, even with nice 3 point faction scrams on instalocking ships, so in a way I do see where Selinate's coming from with her complaint. On its own the 2 point warp strenght would be a complete non issue, but with the added defense of the natural enviroment of such boat.... It's maybe a bit too much.

Again.....just hearing a bunch of complaining about having to actually try harder.

No sympathy coming from my direction. Do you realize how hard legitimate miners have to work to not get caught? For a DECADE almost ?

Get over yourselves.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#87 - 2012-09-16 14:51:01 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
Chribba wrote:
nom nom nom!! Lol

Better or worse yield than the Veldnaught?

Better, always better lol Veldy yield sucks Blink

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#88 - 2012-09-16 15:06:28 UTC
fitting 8 mining laser upgrade ii to an avatar lets you mine planets with the judgement dont tell anyone its a secret
Alea
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2012-09-16 16:04:04 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
James 315 wrote:
More mining ships, kinda meh on that idea to be honest. Time to get EVE out of the mining business. Would be very cool to get a new ship or ship class specialized for bumping miners though Smile
Isn't this getting stale now?

That's his only claim to fame so he's milking it for everything it's got, I kinda feel sorry for the dude as it seems bumping barges is all he's got to look forward to in life.

Whomever is making the last few years decisions on what changes are to be implemented in this game, must hate Eve with all their being.

Weiland Taur
The Icarus Expedition
Solyaris Chtonium
#90 - 2012-09-16 16:14:24 UTC
Alea wrote:
Arec Bardwin wrote:
James 315 wrote:
More mining ships, kinda meh on that idea to be honest. Time to get EVE out of the mining business. Would be very cool to get a new ship or ship class specialized for bumping miners though Smile

That's his only claim to fame so he's milking it for everything it's got, I kinda feel sorry for the dude as it seems bumping barges is all he's got to look forward to in life.

Careful or you will run afoul of the New Order (I think that's what it's called). I actually think James's dedication to Roleplaying and setting up his own virtual banana republic is pretty amusing and awesome. He's putting a lot work into it though the feigned disgust at mining is laying it on a little thick. We all know he loves the idea of a new mining barge to push around. And it's a new toy that he can charge a higher mining permit fee for.
Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2012-09-16 16:25:16 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Again.....just hearing a bunch of complaining about having to actually try harder.

No sympathy coming from my direction. Do you realize how hard legitimate miners have to work to not get caught? For a DECADE almost ?

Get over yourselves.

I wasn't really complaining, I couldn't care less about ganking miners in high sec. All I care about is killing things in wormholes where you have to work for everything you do. And yes, I do puff gas here when there's nothing better to do. As for actual mining, it's not even worth it. We even let Arkonor rot in here because it's simply not worth the time or the effort to mine it, never mind hauling it out afterwards.

I have no sympathy for those so called high sec "PvP'rs" that just play station games or gank helpess targets then run at the first sign of actual combat. At the same time I also have zero sympathy for industrial players who refuse to pay attention to what goes around them.
Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#92 - 2012-09-16 16:51:08 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
James 315 wrote:

I know right? But I think that this dude still thinks that miners cause inflation.
Weiland Taur
The Icarus Expedition
Solyaris Chtonium
#93 - 2012-09-16 17:00:10 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Get over yourselves.

I wasn't really complaining, I couldn't care less about ganking miners in high sec. All I care about is killing things in wormholes where you have to work for everything you do. And yes, I do puff gas here when there's nothing better to do. As for actual mining, it's not even worth it. We even let Arkonor rot in here because it's simply not worth the time or the effort to mine it, never mind hauling it out afterwards.

I have no sympathy for those so called high sec "PvP'rs" that just play station games or gank helpess targets then run at the first sign of actual combat. At the same time I also have zero sympathy for industrial players who refuse to pay attention to what goes around them.

Unless you are at war or you have set a particular ganker so that they are highlighted you can't avoid ganks in hisec if mining. You can survive them, but avoidance is pretty much impossible. It's why it's such a moronic thing to boast about. It's easy kills to pad your KB with which is fine but people need to just accept ganking for what it is, punching the fat kid on the playground.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#94 - 2012-09-16 17:06:45 UTC
Elzon1 wrote:

Edit: Baby drake has actual drone bay door/opening Shocked

Yeah i saw that too... Perhaps now that missiles don't appear out of no where maybe we will get a new graphics where we see drones actually coming out of their bays...

This would be pretty cool for carriers too...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Borlag Crendraven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#95 - 2012-09-16 18:06:56 UTC
Weiland Taur wrote:
Unless you are at war or you have set a particular ganker so that they are highlighted you can't avoid ganks in hisec if mining. You can survive them, but avoidance is pretty much impossible. It's why it's such a moronic thing to boast about. It's easy kills to pad your KB with which is fine but people need to just accept ganking for what it is, punching the fat kid on the playground.

No it's not. You can opt to mine in mission pockets or grav sites which adds an additional requirement of having to probe down either you or the site you're in, which essentially means that you are left alone due to the high number of easier targets.

Other than that, I agree. There's nothing to boast about ganking helpless people in high sec.
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#96 - 2012-09-16 18:14:30 UTC
Weiland Taur wrote:
[quote=James 315]
Not sure how people became so fixated on miners....

Some people use bots to mine
ergo all miners are bots.

seriously .. thats how they think.
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2012-09-16 18:21:05 UTC
Kitty Bear wrote:
Weiland Taur wrote:
[quote=James 315]
Not sure how people became so fixated on miners....

Some people use bots to mine
ergo all miners are bots.

seriously .. thats how they think.

Your logic works well there, but here's the problem. It's not:

* Some people use bots to mine
* Ergo: All miners are bots

The logical progression is:

* The most successful people use bots to mine
* Mining is a competitive and oversaturated industry
* To compete with the most successful people you must emulate them.
* Ergo: Successful miners must ACT LIKE or USE bots.
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#98 - 2012-09-16 19:03:06 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
Selinate wrote:
not a fan of the "+2 warp strength" on the frig on that slide...

dirty ganker

Sulking carebear.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#99 - 2012-09-16 19:28:40 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Get over yourselves.

There are good and bad players on both sides. That's they way humanity works. Always has, always will.

Best to always just do your own thing.

on the side: CCP could seriously do a better job about the bots. There got to be so many I stopped reporting. A new one has popped up with 7 nearly identical names all created 3 weeks ago. Sigh. The only ones that disappear are the ones I have ganked and reported. They may just be changing areas. Who knows ? But it is a HUGE issue.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#100 - 2012-09-16 19:33:22 UTC
Selinate wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

You are whining because you will have to try harder from now on. Awww...too bad.

You mean like how hard you miners have to try to sit there and mine roids/gas clouds?

It's not a glorious job, but it's no where near as dangerous as half you lot make it out to be.

Yes it is. The MOST dangerous high sec activity. Until last month, it was very complicated to be properly protected, involving a LOT of training of skills not having to do with Industry.