These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The grammar **** and other low priority fixes thread

First post
Author
Kazu'ul
OMG PWNAGE
#1 - 2012-09-15 00:21:24 UTC
On the Jaguar description,

"5% bonus to Small Projectile Damage per level"

There should be the word 'turret' between words projectile and damage.
Kazu'ul
OMG PWNAGE
#2 - 2012-09-15 00:27:27 UTC
On the Harbinger description...

"Battlecruiser Skill Bonus: 10% reduction in Medium Energy Weapon capacitor need and 5% bonus to Medium Energy Weapon damage per level."

I'd like to see the word "weapon" changed to "turret" for uniformity
Pix Severus
Empty You
#3 - 2012-09-15 02:39:47 UTC
I've noticed numerous spelling mistakes in mission text over time, maybe I should start making a note of them and reporting them to CCP? Would they even care, and is it even worth it? I don't think many people actually read that stuff anyway.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Kazu'ul
OMG PWNAGE
#4 - 2012-09-15 03:08:21 UTC
Well there's no way to say for sure unless we as players take responsibility for our side of it and report these things, hence the forum topic. Maybe we can get a sticky for CCP employees to correct all these things in time when they need a break from whatever else they are working on!
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-09-15 03:09:22 UTC
These things seem like really easy things to fix, especially with a new expansion coming up, if you see one by all means petition it.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Kazu'ul
OMG PWNAGE
#6 - 2012-09-15 07:10:55 UTC
Another thing that's bugged me for awhile... under P&P, when you click the list of things to search for and push S, it will come up "station" first. It used to be "solar system". Same applies with pushing C and getting something else instead of "character" first.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#7 - 2012-09-15 08:27:53 UTC
Wasn´t there a "1000 papercuts"-thread for issues like this, once?

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#8 - 2012-09-15 08:29:02 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
I've noticed numerous spelling mistakes in mission text over time, maybe I should start making a note of them and reporting them to CCP? Would they even care, and is it even worth it? I don't think many people actually read that stuff anyway.

I'm not sure about this thread, but yeah, people read them. I did, you did, and we noticed the same errors. I'm not sure how you feel about them, but I was a little nit-picky at first; since then I've either not missioned or grown accustomed to it.

Not a big deal, but I figured I'd confirm that people read them. You're not the first that's mentioned it, and it's rather hard to properly do a mission the first, (and possibly even 3nd, 3rd, or 4th), time without reading them. Little bits of info that you usually need to give you some idea how the mission is intended to be handled.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#9 - 2012-09-15 09:45:47 UTC
Anytime you see things like this, you should file a bug report. CCP have said numerous times that they're not gods, they do miss things sometimes, and having stuff pointed out is the first step in fixing it.
Kazu'ul
OMG PWNAGE
#10 - 2012-09-15 10:59:10 UTC
My hope was that rather than filing multiple bug reports that seemingly get ignored, we could have another 1000 papercuts type thread. Maybe if some more is accumulated I'll file a bug report with several issues :)
Raptros
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2012-09-15 11:56:32 UTC
Whenever my name is in wallet transactions and stuff like that it says Raptros's instead of Raptros'
Doddy
Excidium.
#12 - 2012-09-15 12:00:32 UTC
If you want to put them in a thread i would do it in soundwaves little things thread. But yeah just petition things as you find them.
Vojk
Aideron Robotics
#13 - 2012-09-15 12:07:07 UTC
Raptros wrote:
Whenever my name is in wallet transactions and stuff like that it says Raptros's instead of Raptros'

Apostrophes are added to singular nouns followed by an s if they end in s, or indeed any other letter.

Plural nouns are the ones that get the apostrophe alone afterwards.

Because there is only one Raptros - Raptros's is correct. However, should Raptros be the plural representing more than one Raptro, then Raptros' would be correct.

Dig?
Doddy
Excidium.
#14 - 2012-09-15 12:13:13 UTC
Vojk wrote:
Raptros wrote:

Apostrophes are added to singular nouns followed by an s if they end in s, or indeed any other letter.

Because there is only one Raptros - Raptros's is correct. However, should Raptros be the plural representing more than one Raptro, then Raptros' would be correct.

Dig?

Now you have ruined it for him :)
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2012-09-15 12:19:15 UTC
Saede Riordan wrote:
Anytime you see things like this, you should file a bug report. CCP have said numerous times that they're not gods, they do miss things sometimes, and having stuff pointed out is the first step in fixing it.

This. We fix stacks of typos every release, it just doesn't get noted in the patchnotes because there's so many of them and most people don't really care that we removed an apostrophe.
Vojk
Aideron Robotics
#16 - 2012-09-15 12:21:55 UTC
Doddy wrote:
Vojk wrote:
Raptros wrote:

Dig?

Now you have ruined it for him :)

I apologise profusely, and without reservation.
adopt
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-09-15 12:27:04 UTC
How about CCP spells "Armour" and "Defence" correctly as well?
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2012-09-15 14:04:19 UTC
adopt wrote:

We're standardized on US English spelling. As a Brit that makes me immensely sad, but that's our policy and it'll continue to be that way for the foreseeable future Smile
Lili Lu
#19 - 2012-09-15 14:09:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Lili Lu
CCP Greyscale wrote:
adopt wrote:

We're standardized on US English spelling. As a Brit that makes me immensely sad, but that's our policy and it'll continue to be that way for the foreseeable future Smile

One could say that adopt needs to adapt and adopt the policy tooP
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
The Mockers AO
#20 - 2012-09-15 14:22:53 UTC
adopt wrote:

You're just spelling stuff like french people.

Where I am.

12Next page