These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

I love pvp

First post First post
Author
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-09-14 19:22:16 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
To defeat the nonconsensual pvper one must turn his energy against him by denying him the ability to engage in pvp. To starve the pvper, to provoke such a deep sense of boredom that he quits EVE, this is the victory of least resistance. Bear

Rides off on his ox

Why are you in this thread?
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#42 - 2012-09-14 19:24:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Because I choose to be. Bear

Why don't you see that what I stated is also pvp?
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2012-09-14 19:54:12 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I love PVP too, but I'm fairly awful at it.

Try going outlaw in highsec and learn guerilla tactics, noob.
I'd be happy to teach you. ^_^

:)
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-09-14 20:11:18 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:

ok...ill give you the psychological warfare thing
Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#45 - 2012-09-14 20:33:51 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:
No More Heroes wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I love PVP too, but I'm fairly awful at it.

This is why I like big fleet fights. Being a relatively new and low sp character, I can still contribute to battles and the numbers disguise my awfulness. Smile

Also: Doing what the FC says, feel like a champ when you win.

And you blame your FC (and enemy blobs) when you don't ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#46 - 2012-09-14 23:20:48 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:

EVERYTHING is PVP.

For example, the best way to beat a player is to find out what kind of work they are in, and then vote for the politicians who like to punish that industry with regulations, thereby forcing the jobs overseas.

Your opponent becomes unemployed, and cannot afford to play anymore.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#47 - 2012-09-14 23:29:25 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:

EVERYTHING is PVP.

For example, the best way to beat a player is to find out what kind of work they are in, and then vote for the politicians who like to punish that industry with regulations, thereby forcing the jobs overseas.

Now thats metagaming. Twisted
Cpt Gobla
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-09-14 23:38:21 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:

EVERYTHING is PVP.

Politics take way too long.

I'd advice studying robotics, inventing a robot capable of doing said person's job longer, cheaper and better. Then when that person loses his job to a robot and goes to spend time with his family you invent a robot capable of raising children, loving women and assisting the elderly. Then when that person is living on the street in misery you invent a robot capable of stealing his cardboard boxes and drinking his booze to finish it off.

Really, robots make everything much better.
Catalyst XI
Catalytic Holdings
#49 - 2012-09-14 23:55:36 UTC
Welcome to RvB! expect it to only get better :)

Lot of the Vets in RvB like to spread their wealth among the members to obtain the maximum number of explosions :D
Personally i get an odd enjoyment from flying around the belts in the hq system, finding guys who are mining in cruisers or something that makes it evident they're new, and giving them 5mil or so and putting "For pvp fund" as the reason ;)

see you in-fleet o7
CXI
Ryuu Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-09-15 00:09:18 UTC
If your looking into more PvP action in 0.0 I suggest looking at these guys then.

Test Alliance: Newbies Welcome

_**Noob **_isn't really a status, it's the online equivalent of a 5-year old calling you a poopy fart head.

• Sun Tzu
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#51 - 2012-09-15 00:15:43 UTC
Ryuu Shi wrote:
If your looking into more PvP action in 0.0 I suggest looking at these guys then.

+1 respect point for TEST, its good to see that not all of the nullsec alliances are complete douches.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#52 - 2012-09-15 00:30:43 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Ryuu Shi wrote:

+1 respect point for TEST, its good to see that not all of the nullsec alliances are complete douches.

Most of the corps with out of game communities are very welcoming of newbros.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#53 - 2012-09-15 00:47:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Yeah something about an in game group having a large out of game community of it's own just doesn't sit right though. Especially when an out of game community basicly comes into a game and dominates it as it seems some have.
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2012-09-15 02:24:10 UTC
Looks like you found a way to make quick ISK! Just post the original post every other day and watch the ISK flow in.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#55 - 2012-09-15 02:39:39 UTC
ISD TYPE40 wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
I'm new to Eve. I can't stand pve..it bores me to tears so im broke all the time. I just joined RvB. It took me 3 days to run through my small stack of isk...but not to worry. Today in under an hour I made 3.5m in insuance. But that's enough bragging...now to reship and get back in the fray.

Glad to see you are enjoying the EVE experience. May your endeavours be fruitful and your loss mails be few. Cool

Hi. That's not enjoying the eve experience. That is enjoying HALF of the eve experience. It would really behoove CCP to make PVE interesting and fun.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#56 - 2012-09-15 02:41:29 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
To defeat the nonconsensual pvper one must turn his energy against him by denying him the ability to engage in pvp. To starve the pvper, to provoke such a deep sense of boredom that he quits EVE, this is the victory of least resistance. Bear

Rides off on his ox

I was a dumb libertarian when I was 16 too. The phase passed it will be ok.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#57 - 2012-09-15 03:15:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
This coming from someone who is a member of a group known for their ruthless metagaming practices...

SmilingVagrant wrote:
It would really behoove CCP to make PVE interesting and fun.
Not to derail the topic but I agree CCP should do something to make PVE content a bit more interesting and engaging.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2012-09-15 16:14:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
Nate Guralman wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
I'm new to Eve. I can't stand pve..it bores me to tears so im broke all the time. I just joined RvB. It took me 3 days to run through my small stack of isk...but not to worry. Today in under an hour I made 3.5m in insuance. But that's enough bragging...now to reship and get back in the fray.

Welcome to EVE. I'm glad to see you joined RvB since you're into PVP. It's probably the best place to get started.

I see you picked Red Federation. Excellent choice! You'll learn a ton from those guys, for example:

• What's the best way to run away
  • How to cope with the loss of a ship
  • Strategies and tactics for engaging with an 8 to 1 pilot advantage
  • What to do when docked up while waiting for the coast to be clear

I'm kidding, I'm kidding! Big smile

Seriously, regardless of what side you're on, RvB is an excellent outfit to join if you want to PVP. People are friendly and willing to help, fights are always available, there are events going on all the time, it's really great.

Good luck! And see you on the battlefield.

Man! RvB Eve pvp's on the forum!?! GF Nate, GF. I LhOaVtEe you guys. TfHuAcNkK you for being around EVERY corner. I'll kSiElEl you in space. ;p
Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#59 - 2012-09-15 17:09:53 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Ryhss wrote:
Make an alt, have her run missions.

Gawd I hate missions. They make me want to shoot myself in the face. Mining and shipping are even worse and I SUCK at explo.. Is there a way I can just steal stuff?

Don't worry, one day you'll be old enough to drive and your perspective will change.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-09-15 17:15:13 UTC
Katran Luftschreck wrote:
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Ryhss wrote:
Make an alt, have her run missions.

Gawd I hate missions. They make me want to shoot myself in the face. Mining and shipping are even worse and I SUCK at explo.. Is there a way I can just steal stuff?

Don't worry, one day you'll be old enough to drive and your perspective will change.

cupcake, i drive for a living. working 5, 12hour days doesn't leave much time for dinking around an asteroid field...so i prefer to spend my limited time in a pretend spaceship shooting at other pretend spaceships
Previous page123