These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rate the Avatar above you

First post First post First post First post
Author
McDarila
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6921 - 2012-09-13 22:49:25 UTC
Not reminds me of an Amine toon. 7/10 not a natural pose.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6922 - 2012-09-13 23:02:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Yeah I'd do her, 9/10

-1 point because there's something weird about the face.... maybe 1 too many botox injections

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Saede Riordan
Alexylva Paradox
#6923 - 2012-09-14 00:00:26 UTC
4/10

Really not a big fan of the monocle, it just seems out of place on her face, and the lighting is just sorta odd, overall the whole look comes out looking just sort of messy.
Skylitsa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6924 - 2012-09-14 03:13:56 UTC
Love the face, the hair should be more visible. 9/10
Sahara Wildcat
Wild Amazons EVE
#6925 - 2012-09-14 03:18:10 UTC
@ G'rudge

very unusual 8.5/10
Jericho Vargan
Astrum Diligentia
#6926 - 2012-09-14 04:34:36 UTC
very nice, i like it very much 8.5/10
Xuse Senna
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#6927 - 2012-09-14 07:35:55 UTC
Looks Ok, Not big on the Pose tho, Makes it look very 2Dish.

6/10

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7501/mindgamesceptionfinaldr.jpg

Yukiyuri
AquariusArt
#6928 - 2012-09-14 11:34:46 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Yukiyuri wrote:

Good pose and excellent framing! It's one of the finest uses i've seen for the wide angle camera. That alone is 9/10 but then your character could seriously use thicker arms and the blue light just makes no sense... that's -1 so the final score is 8/10.

PS: people, do yourselves a favor and watch it in bigger size:

https://image.eveonline.com/Character/1757615386_512.jpg

I agree with blue light ... was looking weird even to me, but didn't have time to change it before posting. Fixed now, this is to my eye best looking light out of available (wish there was option to move light source as i want :)).

Ad arms thing: Didn't notice it myself and now when you pointed it out, i'll see it every time i'[ll look at the picture. Grrrrrrr..... Will fix that next time we'll be given re-customization.

1) There is a man in a smiling bag. 2) The Owls are not what they seem. 3) Without chemicals, he points.

Wendi O Williams
Hudahel
#6929 - 2012-09-14 12:59:14 UTC
Not a big fan of wide angle portraits. Nice body, arms too thin though - reminds me of Olive Oyl. 6/10
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#6930 - 2012-09-14 13:14:07 UTC
Yukiyuri wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Yukiyuri wrote:

Good pose and excellent framing! It's one of the finest uses i've seen for the wide angle camera. That alone is 9/10 but then your character could seriously use thicker arms and the blue light just makes no sense... that's -1 so the final score is 8/10.

PS: people, do yourselves a favor and watch it in bigger size:

https://image.eveonline.com/Character/1757615386_512.jpg

I agree with blue light ... was looking weird even to me, but didn't have time to change it before posting. Fixed now, this is to my eye best looking light out of available (wish there was option to move light source as i want :)).

Ad arms thing: Didn't notice it myself and now when you pointed it out, i'll see it every time i'[ll look at the picture. Grrrrrrr..... Will fix that next time we'll be given re-customization.

You can tinker with the light source in a limited way by turning both the character and the camera. You can turn the torso with left button, then turn the head so it's aligned with the torso, then turn around the camera.

The point is, left button drag turns the character relative to the light source, and then right button drag turns the camera around the character. It's a narrow margin but may make a difference if you play with it, the 7 light sources and the 7 light colors.

FAi, in my picture, Ish has her torso turned full to her right, her head is almost full to her left, and the camera is full to the left. There is no way to add more light to her back but her face is fully lit with light color #7 (IIRC).

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Kara Padovan
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6931 - 2012-09-14 16:48:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Kara Padovan
Wendi O Williams wrote:
Not a big fan of wide angle portraits. Nice body, arms too thin though - reminds me of Olive Oyl. 6/10

10/10, one of the best portraits I've seen. Fits in very nicely with your bio too. Seems like the kind of chick who'd be prone to random acts of violence and promiscuity just because.

Reminds me a lot of Jack from Mass Effect.
G'rudge
Blood Coven One
#6932 - 2012-09-14 17:29:02 UTC  |  Edited by: G'rudge
@ Kara:
I like the play of the red hair against the green backdrop. Also liking the eye makeup and how it seems to become part of the facial tattoo. And good choice of eye color. The bust seems exaggerated, however, so -1. 9/10 Great job!

edit:
If there's a jacket with some red in it you might want to try that on, a rule of thumb in composition is to have at least one other place in the piece that a given color happens. But hey rules are meant to be broken if it works great if not oh well.

Balanah
Quebec's Underdog League
Quebec United Legions
#6933 - 2012-09-14 20:25:30 UTC
G'rudge wrote:
@ Kara:
I like the play of the red hair against the green backdrop. Also liking the eye makeup and how it seems to become part of the facial tattoo. And good choice of eye color. The bust seems exaggerated, however, so -1. 9/10 Great job!

edit:
If there's a jacket with some red in it you might want to try that on, a rule of thumb in composition is to have at least one other place in the piece that a given color happens. But hey rules are meant to be broken if it works great if not oh well.

You remind me of Serenity, from the movie Serenity... 9.5/10 for the weird feeling emanating from you picture.

Wormhole animal.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6934 - 2012-09-14 20:50:59 UTC
Balanah wrote:
G'rudge wrote:
@ Kara:

edit:

You remind me of Serenity, from the movie Serenity... 9.5/10 for the weird feeling emanating from you picture.

Don't you mean River Tam?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Cpt Gobla
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6935 - 2012-09-14 21:57:08 UTC
@James

Looks great, very stately. Makes me think of a Khanid Noble. Looks like a genuine character from the EVE universe rather than something that was clearly created by a player.

Extra points for the jacket which just adds to that atmosphere. Professionally made all in all.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#6936 - 2012-09-14 23:12:52 UTC
@G'rudge first time I saw an avatar that make use of that background to that extent. Nice one, really works and I like the lighting as well 9/10

@Cpt Gobla nothing special and the nose kinda bothered me a bit for some reason, I do like the pose though and the background surprisingly works just fine. 7/10

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Jericho Vargan
Astrum Diligentia
#6937 - 2012-09-15 14:21:07 UTC
nom nom nom

9/10
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#6938 - 2012-09-15 14:43:45 UTC
Erm..... Escaped Mental person?

If so looks great ^^ 8/10

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Autoz
Doomheim
#6939 - 2012-09-15 16:20:22 UTC
8/10
Cpt Gobla
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6940 - 2012-09-15 20:09:16 UTC
Looks decent albeit a bit standard. Pose is good as is the facial expression. Otherwise not much either overly positive or negative.

7/10.