These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

So, now that Alex has made the bigboy papers....

First post
Author
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#1 - 2012-09-14 02:46:04 UTC
I see that CNN picked up Sean's story, and Alex's comments.

Good for Eve? Or bad?
I would think we'll see a new player bump soon, with all this free publicity, but what will the mainstream think when they try the game out, and find out it's populated with the dregs of the universe?
Lying, cheating, hating, infantile behavior, racism, scamming, killing new players as a sport... This is the EVE that many people see when they first join the game. Unfortunatly some of these very issues contributed to Sean's death in real life.

Let's face it, the average person will be horrified at the extremes at which people will go to, to grief in this game....good legacy for Sean?

My apoligies to Chribba and the other quality people in this game, but lets face it, you are spitting in a snowstorm....

Flame away, it will simply reinforce my opinion of most of you........Cool

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-09-14 02:49:34 UTC
So basically we should see a big influx of people when Fox News picks it up?
James 315
Experimental Fun Times Corp RELOADED
CODE.
#3 - 2012-09-14 02:51:50 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

Good for Eve? Or bad?
I would think we'll see a new player bump soon, with all this free publicity, but what will the mainstream think when they try the game out, and find out it's populated with the dregs of the universe?
Lying, cheating, hating, infantile behavior, racism, scamming, killing new players as a sport... This is the EVE that many people see when they first join the game. Unfortunatly some of these very issues contributed to Sean's death in real life.

Let's face it, the average person will be horrified at the extremes at which people will go to, to grief in this game....good legacy for Sean?

My apoligies to Chribba and the other quality people in this game, but lets face it, you are spitting in a snowstorm....

Please don't bring your bizarre anti-GoonSwarm agenda into this matter. What?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-09-14 02:52:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM7Rj-As1-s

any plans for future tributes?
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-09-14 02:54:44 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Boat isn't a goon. He flies under us but he's technically from the Penny Arcade forums. Take it up with Gabe and Tycho.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-09-14 02:59:13 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Lying, cheating, hating, infantile behavior, racism, scamming, killing new players as a sport...

Internet Hunger Games, everyone loved Hunger Games and those of us that didn't used it to get laid.... they always put out (if you're good looking) if you take them to see a chick flick Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-09-14 03:02:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
SmilingVagrant wrote:
So basically we should see a big influx of people when Fox News picks it up?

I laughed so f'n hard that my neighbors looked out the window to see what was happening. Thats good ****,right there man. On another note, however as depraved as most people are in this game I've actually been quite impresses by the sense of community in Eve. Just this morning in the rvb chat a total stranger volunteered to mail computer parts from Brooklyn to London so a fellow gamer could upgrade his rig. When the limey offered to pay for the shipping the yank refused to accept. This is just one small example of the comradery that I have witnessed in my short...I think 3 months in the game. This strong sense of community and willingness (among most) to take noobs under their wings is what has prompted me (and I'm not even that big of a gamer) to stay in Eve. Its a harsh and unforgiving universe that we survive by banding together and lifting each other through the rank and vile of thievery and war.

Tl;dr: Even though Eve is full of asshats the strong sense of community brings us closer than any other mmo and many rl communitiea.
MinefieldS
1 Sick Duck Standss on something
#8 - 2012-09-14 03:04:18 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

Good for Eve? Or bad?

Apology accepted.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-09-14 03:05:17 UTC
I bought one of our guys a pizza once because he was broke and hungry.
Soulpirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-09-14 03:13:59 UTC
The terrible truth is this tragedy will indeed bring more awareness to EVE and thus new players.

Lets be kind at this time, and welcome these new pilots, nurture thier love for the game show them how, vast and wonderfull EVE is, and at the point they are fully hooked on EVE, pod them.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-09-14 03:19:24 UTC
If it will mean someone will vent out anger and hate by blowing up internet spaceships and promote a chill and peaceful life in the real world, then yes; it would be a very good thing. ♥
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-09-14 03:21:31 UTC
Soulpirate wrote:
The terrible truth is this tragedy will indeed bring more awareness to EVE and thus new players.

Lets be kind at this time, and welcome these new pilots, nurture thier love for the game show them how, vast and wonderfull EVE is, and at the point they are fully hooked on EVE, pod them.

Always be nice to newbies. They don't have anything to steal.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-09-14 03:22:54 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Wow. I did that once for a guy in Sweden. I made sure to order the same kind of pizza, or close to it, so we both could chill and enjoy some slices of heaven. Was years ago it seems.

Good times. Thanks for refreshing a memory. Big smile
Too-Boku
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-09-14 03:28:01 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:

Good for Eve? Or bad?

You pubbies are more angry, hate-filled and bitter than anyone lately... Ugh
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-09-14 03:38:42 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Boat isn't a goon. He flies under us but he's technically from the Penny Arcade forums. Take it up with Gabe and Tycho.

i will take it up with pennyarcadeswarm, good advice
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#16 - 2012-09-14 03:46:20 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:

And I told you, that thing I did with my mouth, made up for it. So there was no reason to bring this up again.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-09-14 03:46:49 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
I commend you for having the balls to mention something I'm sure many of us have recently thought about at one point or another.

Because of a certain blog written by a certain person a man will now be remembered by the world not just for his diplomatic contributions to humanity, but also as a member of one of the most draconian MMOs ever created, who, as a member of one of the largest known troll communities on the internet, was crucial in shaping it to be that way.

Nice one Alex, I really hope someone like you isn't around to blog about me when I die. Straight
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#18 - 2012-09-14 04:00:01 UTC
^ Yeah hopefully your mom does the blogging over that, Then it will be hot.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Trendon Evenstar
Olympus Gods
#19 - 2012-09-14 04:00:59 UTC
Hey guys, don't tell anyone I've ever played Battlefield 3 they might think I'm a mass murderer.

Beekeeper Bob and Paul Oliver you two ought to be ashamed of yourselves.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-09-14 04:09:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Trendon Evenstar wrote:
Hey guys, don't tell anyone I've ever played Battlefield 3 they might think I'm a mass murderer.
Like it or not this game has a very negative reputation as being an mmo filled with generally nasty people, and someone who made great diplomatic contributions to humanity has now been linked to it in the international press as part of his final legacy.

Nice one...
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
123Next page