These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Why don't we have Personal Assistants?

Author
AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#1 - 2012-09-13 10:16:20 UTC
Straightforward question: Why?

We got the ability to travel faster than light, and can control the destiny of entire planetary systems - but we don't have a PA?

Surely we'd hire someone to click all the buttons that need clicking and deal with our 'stuff'; leaving us to fly about in space, gamble, plot, scheme, exchange information, drink drinks and generally live the life of a demigod.

AK

This space for rent.

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#2 - 2012-09-13 10:17:39 UTC  |  Edited by: rodyas
You mean Aids? I don't know why you haven't gotten aids yet, suppose luck.

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#3 - 2012-09-13 10:26:38 UTC
Currently hiring a PA, Mail me ^_^

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Kaddi Koskanaiken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-09-13 10:34:33 UTC
Beacuse "to click all the buttons that need clicking and deal with our 'stuff" capsuleer have to give orders to several thousands of employees on his ship and you see only simplified interface.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#5 - 2012-09-13 10:43:00 UTC
Why do capsuleers need a PA to click buttons when they have a direct neural interface to the ship's systems?
terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-09-13 10:54:27 UTC  |  Edited by: terzslave
Aura?
Adoro
Below the Asteroids Ltd.
#7 - 2012-09-13 10:57:00 UTC
Kaddi Koskanaiken wrote:
Beacuse "to click all the buttons that need clicking and deal with our 'stuff" capsuleer have to give orders to several thousands of employees on his ship and you see only simplified interface.

Agreeing with a goon, this is a odd week indeed. But this man is right...I believe a battleship actually have thousands of man onboard to control everything. I'm pretty sure you'll have a PA too.
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#8 - 2012-09-13 11:02:48 UTC
Kaddi Koskanaiken wrote:

Pretty much this. if you really think a massive ship can be piloted with a few mouse clicks only then uhm... yeah. Same for just about everything else.
Kaddi Koskanaiken
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-13 12:37:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaddi Koskanaiken
Riot Girl wrote:
Why do capsuleers need a PA to click buttons when they have a direct neural interface to the ship's systems?

All these systems are maintained by people neural interface it is only an interface, it can not do their job.

Quote:
an interface is a tool and concept that refers to a point of interaction between components.
Teinyhr
Ourumur
#10 - 2012-09-13 12:42:26 UTC
I'm pretty sure you would have an army of them if you were a capsuleer in reality, especially a CEO of a corporation. I'm not sure how you would integrate them in to the game though.
Roc Wieler
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2012-09-13 12:47:38 UTC
Thankfully, in that other life we call real, neural interfaces are making great advances, primarily in medicine and gaming. I wager we'll come back to this thread in a few short years and it will be a moot point.

Never start a fight you can win.

Dasola
New Edens Freeports
#12 - 2012-09-13 13:14:53 UTC
Vilnius Zar wrote:
Kaddi Koskanaiken wrote:

Pretty much this. if you really think a massive ship can be piloted with a few mouse clicks only then uhm... yeah. Same for just about everything else.

I would not trust any PA to handle anything. Look at autopilot and warpto zero. You can swing it manually and land perfectly to zero everytime. Yet our autopilot is so bad, it needs 15 km safety distance. How ever i would love to have some sort of ingame scripting suport for some functions(LUA might be easy to integrate).

But as seen quality of codeing ccp staff does, im not holding my breath while waiting someone actually do that.

We are Minmatar, Our ship are made of scraps, but look what our scraps can do...

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-09-13 13:43:01 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

Why would we need crews if that were the case?
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#14 - 2012-09-13 13:49:50 UTC
Ppprrrrrrffff where the fun in telling your self to push a button, shouting at someone else to do it is so much more Awesome ^^

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#15 - 2012-09-13 13:53:31 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Riot Girl wrote:

Why would we need crews if that were the case?

To swab the decks, of course.
TRUE ZER0
SILENT INC
#16 - 2012-09-13 14:01:59 UTC
terzslave wrote:
Aura?

I thought she got banned for trolling new players with useful eve related information in General Discussion.
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-09-13 14:03:27 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Ppprrrrrrffff where the fun in telling your self to push a button, shouting at someone else to do it is so much more Awesome ^^

I agree..although having an argument with yourself and yelling at yourself to push a button...sounds rather entertaining. :D
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#18 - 2012-09-13 14:06:15 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Alice Saki wrote:

I agree..although having an argument with yourself and yelling at yourself to push a button...sounds rather entertaining. :D

Believe me arguing with yourself is very hard work... I am so darn stubborn....

TRUE ZER0
SILENT INC
#19 - 2012-09-13 14:07:46 UTC
Would be cool and that whole immersion thing if your CQ was on your ship and didn't screw your computer everytime you loaded it. Than you could have have exotic PA's attending to your um needs.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#20 - 2012-09-13 14:11:11 UTC
CQ works fine on my computer, as for the door well.... 'Working as Intended' :P

12Next page