These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

So... Where is my new Dev blog?

Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#1 - 2012-09-10 18:22:02 UTC
I know its still early in the week...

But Damit i actually have to work on a Monday and there is no new Juicy info about the winter expansion for me to read...Sad

Pretty Please can we get some info today?

I need something to do and work just aint cutting it...

I need something a name, or a fill in the blank like:

This _____ will include this ______ and it will be totally awesome because of A B and C which are?

G-d damit i am bored and need something that i can read/ critique and flame about for atleast a week...

dont make me wait untill later this week...

dont make me do actual work Sad

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#2 - 2012-09-10 18:47:57 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:

Now they will, just to spite you.
iskflakes
#3 - 2012-09-10 18:48:39 UTC  |  Edited by: iskflakes
In the absence of any real news I will make up some news for you to rage about:

This [nerf to highsec] will include [an additional nerf to lowsec and nullsec] and it will be totally awesome because [players will be able to pay aurum to reverse the nerfs].

I doubt we're going to see anything amazing this winter as CCP is so busy with DUST. Maybe they will surprise us though and manage to squeeze the POS revamp in this year?

-

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#4 - 2012-09-10 18:53:36 UTC
Didn't you hear?

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Dain Highwind
La Isla del Mono
#5 - 2012-09-10 18:54:34 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
Maybe they will surprise us though and manage to squeeze the POS revamp in this year?

No they wont. Evil
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#6 - 2012-09-10 18:56:43 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

Now they will, just to spite you.

Why they do this to me... do they not lub me anymore?

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#7 - 2012-09-10 19:11:04 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
In the absence of any real news I will make up some news for you to rage about:

This [nerf to highsec] will include [an additional nerf to lowsec and nullsec] and it will be totally awesome because [players will be able to pay aurum to reverse the nerfs].

I doubt we're going to see anything amazing this winter as CCP is so busy with DUST. Maybe they will surprise us though and manage to squeeze the POS revamp in this year?

my crystal ball says...

we are getting player to player contracts

we are getting more V3 stuff

we are gettting new destroyers and balanced t1 ships up to cruisers...

we are getting eaf rebalance...

they are going to finish FW iteration

umm some stuffz about more inqusion like events (more live events)

a bunch of new mods (for dust stuff)

new cap ships!

the door will open but we find out it leads to a closet...

lev IV and V missions are going to use sleeper AI

Sleepers in WH space will attack poses now also...

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-09-10 19:14:07 UTC
iskflakes wrote:

I don't get why people say this. The developers that are working on DUST are DUST developers, and the developers that work on EVE are EVE developers. I don't really think there's much overlap, so CCP can continue working on EVE just as hard as they were before because most developers have one game or the other to work on.

tl;dr the company can multitask just fine, stop worrying about EVE.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

iskflakes
#9 - 2012-09-10 19:17:11 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
new cap ships!

Keep dreaming..

Excluding cap ships, player contracts, and new mods, I think you've got most of the "expansion" in that list.

I think we're going to see loads of DUST "features" that none of us will be affected by. Orbital strikes will turn out to be anaemic (which is bad because they've been mega hyped), and we might see some minor tweaks to highsec. Oh and a new mining frigate that we all desperately wanted too!

So far the winter expansion is shaping up to be a serious non-event. Who knows though, maybe they have a surprise coming?

-

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-09-10 19:18:36 UTC
Dude, modular POSes!

iskflakes
#11 - 2012-09-10 19:24:00 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Dude, modular POSes!

Not this year (according to CSM minutes).

-

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-09-10 19:28:31 UTC
Oh. Eh...

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#13 - 2012-09-10 19:54:53 UTC
Too soon™? Big smile

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#14 - 2012-09-10 19:55:19 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
new cap ships!

Keep dreaming..

Excluding cap ships, player contracts, and new mods, I think you've got most of the "expansion" in that list.

I think we're going to see loads of DUST "features" that none of us will be affected by. Orbital strikes will turn out to be anaemic (which is bad because they've been mega hyped), and we might see some minor tweaks to highsec. Oh and a new mining frigate that we all desperately wanted too!

So far the winter expansion is shaping up to be a serious non-event. Who knows though, maybe they have a surprise coming?

If they just get the frigate and destroyer rebalance alone done that would make the expansion worthwhile.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#15 - 2012-09-10 20:04:17 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
iskflakes wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
new cap ships!

Keep dreaming..

If they just get the frigate and destroyer rebalance alone done that would make the expansion worthwhile.

yeah but thats just game of drones... are there not 2 other teams that are up to stuffz?

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#16 - 2012-09-10 20:23:15 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
iskflakes wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
new cap ships!

Keep dreaming..

Not having to grind to up your sec status will be nice...

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#17 - 2012-09-10 20:29:58 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
iskflakes wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
new cap ships!

Keep dreaming..

yeah but thats just game of drones... are there not 2 other teams that are up to stuffz?

Oh, I have no doubt there will be a lot of other area's being dealt with including the DUST/EVE connection ( which will doubtless raise heated forum discussions), but so far the ship rebalancing is to me the most fun element likely to be seen.

If we could get a start on ship skin customization I'd be pretty pleased about that as well.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2012-09-10 20:31:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Casirio
Winter expansion...snowball launcher will finally hit the market. that is all.
stoicfaux
#19 - 2012-09-10 20:33:10 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I don't get why people say this. The developers that are working on DUST are DUST developers, and the developers that work on EVE are EVE developers. I don't really think there's much overlap, so CCP can continue working on EVE just as hard as they were before because most developers have one game or the other to work on.

tl;dr the company can multitask just fine, stop worrying about EVE.

Oooooooh boy. Wrong on so many levels.

Firstly, inter-game communication on differing platforms is inherently non-trivial.

Secondly, DUST is a gateway drug to EVE. This means that CCP has to make EVE appear enticing from within DUST. Ergo, CCP needs a really good cross-game User Interface and a really good set of inter-game mechanics. Now if you think it's easy for CCP to design a really good UI...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#20 - 2012-09-10 20:43:55 UTC
Well... it's premature to say just yet what's going to be in the Winter expansion. I hope it's more than a single frig... but those CSM minutes were old on the day they were released. I haven't seen much of any news since before the devs went on vacation. I'm betting the dev blogs will make for some interesting reading. Hope it's not all DUST... would be like more incarna in some respects. Still... I have a PS3 on the way...

12Next page