These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Atron: anyone tested one in PVP?

First post
Author
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#21 - 2012-09-06 06:59:40 UTC
Damn nice fits in this thread, cheers guys :)

I can't fly inties, so I have an Atron for that task, it's really good against 100MN Tengus.

CENGIZHAN
Entity.
#22 - 2012-09-06 07:20:16 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Nicklaus Klaus'nik wrote:
Solo, can kill short range dessies, and turret based boats, with 151 o/h null dps:
[Atron, N85 M6A]
Small Armor Repairer II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core I
Damage Control II

Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption Script
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
1MN Afterburner II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Small Hybrid Ambit Extension I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Small Repper, meet Volley Damage. Afterburner, meet Kiting. RIP, little Atron. We hardly knew ye.

Please show me this T1 frig setup that cannot be countered. Or are you just pointing out the painfully obvious?
Erick Odin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-09-06 12:57:03 UTC
Sard Caid was pvpin with an Atron - here is a video. Great stuff.
Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-09-07 22:13:24 UTC
Zane Echerie wrote:
Still working on it, with 3 light neutron blasters and magnetic field stabilizers it does some decent damage, has no HP, and is really fast without the MWD on (may try an afterburner fit to get rid of the sig radius penalty). Trying to make a fit that has basically no tank, but tons of damage, really cheap (all T1 stuff at the moment) and trying to fit a NOS on the fourth slot (could fit it if I swapped out MWD for afterburner).

Work in progress

My thoughts as well, nice speed. I had an overdrive injector on it as well, but didnt get to test it as i couldnt find a fight at the time. But I will replace those lows with mag stabs as you have and try for a speedy damage dealer.

Your still a child in the eyes of the universe

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-09-07 22:28:54 UTC
Sounds like a wow player thats searching for a cookie cutter build Big smile the best answer on that there is none but like many people already say thats eve online Blink
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#26 - 2012-09-07 22:38:15 UTC
I've played with the Atron some. I think Heretic Army has 3-4 really solid Atron fits... but frankly we're all too busy flying Executioners and Condors.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#27 - 2012-09-07 23:08:39 UTC
There are some really good fits in here, but as it's about fits I've had to move it from general discussion.

Moved from General Discussion to Ships & Modules.

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-09-08 00:53:08 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Uris Vitgar wrote:
The atron is fantastic, easily capable of beating it's tech II counterparts in the right situation. You should learn your own fitting principles rather than copying other people's, so my hint is: the mids don't always have to be MWD/scram/web. You could fit a tracking disruptor, an MASB, a cap booster, maybe even an ECM burst. It's a cheap-ass ship so you can afford to experiment

If you check his posting history, "experiment" isn't something he does.

My posting history? lol are you following me? Why are you so concerned about it? I like girls!

Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-09-08 00:54:52 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
Sounds like a wow player thats searching for a cookie cutter build Big smile the best answer on that there is none but like many people already say thats eve online Blink

Not really, more just getting others opinions on the ship itself after the change. Im not sure of the specs before, but it still has low EHP, so knowing what other people have experienced since is good information.

Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-09-08 01:18:40 UTC
Erick Odin wrote:
Sard Caid was pvpin with an Atron - here is a video. Great stuff.

Thanks for posting this, i now have it saved for repeated views lol

Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#31 - 2012-09-08 08:27:05 UTC
Nicklaus Klaus'nik wrote:
Solo, can kill short range dessies, and turret based boats, with 151 o/h null dps:
[Atron, N85 M6A]
Small Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II

Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Optimal Range Disruption Script
1MN Afterburner II

Small Diminishing Power System Drain I

Gang, designed to close and scram, then orbit with AB to reduce sig radius while applying 270 blaster dps
[Atron, N85 M6D]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

1MN Afterburner II
1MN MicroWarpdrive II

Light Neutron Blaster II, Void S
[empty high slot]

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
[empty rig slot]

Both fittings require adequate skills to fit/fly and are pilot-centric as to survivability. They are frigging awesome, and quite winning though.

2 trash builds. 1 Blaster build with no micro warp. Then a dual prop build with T2 movement mods? Common... Haven't you ever flown a taranis?
Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-09-08 08:56:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Hrett
I skipped frigate combat for years. I have flown and lost 18ish Atrons since patch. ;). Its still far far far ahead iskwise with the stuff it's tackled. It's the most fun I've had in Eve in ages.

A good kiting fit is:

3x150 Rail II, salvager
Named MWD, disruptor II, TD
OD, TE, DCUII

1 x CCC or SMC, 2 x Small overclocks (or maybe 1 + hybrid metasis, I forget)

For fleet tackle, swap the TE out for a sig amp. It's targeting range is ass.

It does like ~60 whopping DPS. Goes ~4200m/s before heat I think. Costs approximately ~6.5M isk fully fit and rigged. You can use javelin, but I would skip spike IMHO. Pretty sure Faction iridium has the optimal sweet spot without the tracking penalty and you will be hauling ass..

Ive gotten a solo kill or two with it. Missed a few others that I had into structure (Merlin, Thrasher, Ares, Raptor) because my previous version had a named (20k) point and I let them slip away because I am fail. My favorite way to lose them is to tackle a BS or BC and then promptly get stuck on a gate, bringing transversal to zero. Turns out, that ain't a good thing in an Atron.

It's paper thin, but at 6.5M per loss, who cares? Well worth it in fun-factor, IHMO.

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Karak Bol
Low-Sec Survival Ltd.
#33 - 2012-09-08 12:40:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Karak Bol
My favorite ship atm. 150 Rails, MWD, Long point, web, DCU, tracking mod, Reactor control unit, damage rig and falloff rig. All meta cheap stuff. Kills 400mm plate rifter, some thrashers, and generally rather slow frigates easily. I bought 5 of this things, still running the first.

Edit: 3.5 km/s, 86 DPS, 10 km opt with antimatter and 24 km falloff. Its great
Maeltstome
Ten Thousand Days
#34 - 2012-09-08 15:09:51 UTC
The above 2 posts have hit the nail on the head. The 150mm Ranis has ALWAYS been better than the neutron ranis. The atron will be no different.

The only reason you could fly a neutron ranis was due to the double damage bonus (its one of only 2 gallente ships with this). The atron however doesnt have it, so any good 6km kiting fit will beat it unless it has rails.
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#35 - 2012-09-09 13:47:41 UTC
My Atron is fitted much like my Rifter, and it does great.

Fast, cheap, hits hard and you can fit it for rails or blasters.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#36 - 2012-09-09 14:43:47 UTC
Lord Arakkis wrote:
I see the added some mod slots to it, but it still seems like a paper plane. Has anyone had any success with it in pvp as of yet? If so, share a build if you are willing. if not, give me a hint! lol

Fly an incursus, its better for fighting

Unless you really really like going fast?

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-09-09 21:57:37 UTC
Karak Bol wrote:
My favorite ship atm. 150 Rails, MWD, Long point, web, DCU, tracking mod, Reactor control unit, damage rig and falloff rig. All meta cheap stuff. Kills 400mm plate rifter, some thrashers, and generally rather slow frigates easily. I bought 5 of this things, still running the first.

Edit: 3.5 km/s, 86 DPS, 10 km opt with antimatter and 24 km falloff. Its great

thats good stuff. How many SP do you have if you dont mind me asking?

Lord Arakkis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-09-09 21:58:34 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Lord Arakkis wrote:
I see the added some mod slots to it, but it still seems like a paper plane. Has anyone had any success with it in pvp as of yet? If so, share a build if you are willing. if not, give me a hint! lol

Fly an incursus, its better for fighting

Unless you really really like going fast?

No doubt, but just gauging how worthwile it is to give the Atron a shot. While it no doubt has gotten more popular, id like to think i can surprise some people

Denuo Secus
#39 - 2012-09-10 09:36:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Denuo Secus
I tried a rail-kiting Atron and had issues with tracking, even with faction ammo. How do you fly it? Piloting manually is a bit hard in a frig going 3.5k. So I used the orbit command at 17km (faction ammo loaded) + keep at range (30km) from time to time if I expected a sling shot or more people on grid.

Tracking was poor this way. So I tried keep at range below long point range. Almost every time I got sling shooted - by equally fast frigs ofc..

How do you fly the kiting Atron?
Hrett
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-09-10 13:16:42 UTC
Denuo Secus wrote:
I tried a rail-kiting Atron and had issues with tracking, even with faction ammo. How do you fly it? Piloting manually is a bit hard in a frig going 3.5k. So I used the orbit command at 17km (faction ammo loaded) + keep at range (30km) from time to time if I expected a sling shot or more people on grid.

Tracking was poor this way. So I tried keep at range below long point range. Almost every time I got sling shooted - by equally fast frigs ofc..

How do you fly the kiting Atron?

Did you have a TE in the lows? A Metasis rig? An OD fit? A TD?

I'm still learning to fly kiting frigs well myself, but this is what I have been told and what I have been doing:

Keep at range is set to 17. Orbit the same. I only orbit heavier ships or other kiting frigs. Otherwise against frigs I keep at range with some manual piloting if they get too close. The TD with optimal range script is your tank, so you don't really need to orbit other frigs. Just overheat guns from the start, and you have a good chance. TD condors and Hookbills will tear you up. Ive never killed an ares or taranis yet, but I have gotten them into structure before they warped off. Against another rail ship, whoever has a TD wins. I haven't solo fought an arty or beam ship yet. You should be able to kill all short range Destroyers though. Honestly, my biggest problem so far has been other frigs escaping me when I have them into structure. I've started using approach a lot more to try to reduce that, but that can be a dangerous game in something so thin.

Boosted scrams have killed me. As has overconfidence on a wolf that I had into structure. I approached thinking I had the fight won and wanted to make sure he didn't elude my point, but it was too early and he was able to burn me down before I finished him. There have been a few times I have been scrammed, but without a web, my momentum carried me out of its range and I was able to warp out.

They are fragile as hell and leave little room for error, but I have learned more manual piloting with this ship than any other. Of course, I have lost 20 of them, and just bought 20 more that will meet the same fate. Because of the lack of the MWD bloom bonus, you will almost certainly die in any largish fleet engagement, so just accept that. Constant warping out will extend your doom a bit.

I'd love to hear from other frig pilots that have more experience on the tactics they use. But I have a feeling that the way to get good with the types of ships is to just lose a lot of them.

spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

Previous page123Next page