These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why can't I feed my drones Quafe Ultra?

First post
Author
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#1 - 2012-09-09 18:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: TheBreadMuncher
There is one truly indisputable fact in EVE: Ogre IIs are slow.

Now, I think that this is unfair. We have implants and boosters to make tanks bigger, to make more pew happen and to make swirly colours in your brain. So why is it that I can't force my ogres to down a can of Quafe and zoom around at 5km/s? It'd be quite nice to be able to blitz sites with them in the same way dedicated PVE players in tengus can pop a pill and tank an entire complex with a single shield booster.

Would like some dev input as to why organic digestion is restricted purely to capsuleers and not their metal pets.

EDIT: Recently spotted this and thought it would provide a good example as to what I'm after. 0:30 is the kind of orbiting:
http://screen.yahoo.com/goofy-hamsters-spin-around-30520011.html

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#2 - 2012-09-09 18:48:33 UTC  |  Edited by: lanyaie
to have people creating these kind of threads that entertain us

also: this thread will be going places

also you don't need boosters for a complex in a tengu ANCILLARY SHIELD BOOSTERS WIN at eve

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Adam Junior
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-09-09 18:49:00 UTC
posting in a stealth nerf tengu whine thread
Melina Lin
Universal Frog
#4 - 2012-09-09 19:01:27 UTC
My drones are easily excitable already and the last thing they need is a "party-in-a-can". tyvm
Hendrik Tiberius
Red Phoenix Rising
#5 - 2012-09-09 19:11:57 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:

EDIT: Recently spotted this and thought it would provide a good example as to what I'm after. 0:30 is the kind of orbiting:
http://screen.yahoo.com/goofy-hamsters-spin-around-30520011.html

The video is awesome!
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#6 - 2012-09-11 11:00:09 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:

Why can't I feed my drones Quafe Ultra?

I dunno. Try pouring a can of soft drink on your computer please. Should improve the quality of your posts.
Azami Nevinyrall
#7 - 2012-09-11 11:05:34 UTC
IB4 ISD

Luis Graca
#8 - 2012-09-11 11:06:37 UTC
Idea why not putting implants on them to?
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#9 - 2012-09-11 11:07:22 UTC
Oh boy.

Don't go there. I tried and they rusted in less than a day.
First, the propulsion systems went online on their own accord. Next to go was their AI. They forced the dronebay doors open and started attacking Concord ships in the area, taking random shots and scooting away.

When they accomplished that, they all took a beeline for the nearest Sun, where long-range telescopes showed them suiciding into the Sun.

'Twas tragic.

Never again.

I Lost BB, Bobo, Bibi and Bip.

Moral of the story - Never feed your Drones anything you wouldn't give your enemy.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#10 - 2012-09-11 13:20:41 UTC
I feed mine a mixture of gorilla milk and budgie sweat.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#11 - 2012-09-11 13:32:49 UTC
Quafe Ultra is the reason rogue drones went rogue.

Do you want your drones to go rogue in the middle of a fight? WELL DO YOU?

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#12 - 2012-09-11 13:46:05 UTC
Dafuq

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#13 - 2012-09-11 13:56:43 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
Hehe,

But sadly, drones aren't biological so the quafe just makes them sticky and even slower Sad

We also don't endorse feeding drones Quafe zero, as the side effects might get a bit squicky. Please don't give your drones sleeper tech. Sad

Locked, we don't like sticky drones!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]