These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

New Chat Box Feature Implemented? : Retrieve Last Entry

First post
Author
Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#1 - 2012-09-09 14:38:18 UTC

Go to a chat box you are using and press CTRL + Up or Down and you will be able to retrieve the last messages you sent.

Is this a new feature? Has this always been there and I suffered without it for 5 years?

If it is a new feature? Which DEV implemented it? Because you blew my mind away, I was like WTF OMG, amazed that this has been implemented.

Great stuff, thanks!! Lol

Where I am.

TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#2 - 2012-09-09 14:39:23 UTC
Recruitment spamming efficiency has increased 30%

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-09-09 14:50:36 UTC
Not new.
Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-09-09 15:14:12 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Scam spamming efficiency has increased 30%

I fixed it for you, lets be realistic here.
Soi Mala
Whacky Waving Inflatable Flailing Arm Tubemen
#5 - 2012-09-09 15:31:26 UTC
been there as long as i can remember...
CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#6 - 2012-09-09 16:40:44 UTC
been there since I started at CCP almost 5 years ago :)

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#7 - 2012-09-09 16:45:25 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
been there since I started at CCP almost 5 years ago :)

Need to add this to your list of goodies thread ;p

Where I am.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#8 - 2012-09-09 17:33:13 UTC
Press up one more time and you get the previous.

Repeat...

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-09-09 17:38:25 UTC
Yep, not new. been using this since well... forever?

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

CCP karkur
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2012-09-09 17:56:26 UTC
Chribba wrote:

Repeat...

/c

the order is actually kind of confusing, and once I was going to try to fix it, but then decided people can just repeat until they get the correct one (since the only complaints I've "heard" about it have been inside my own head P )

CCP karkur | Programmer | Team Five 0 | @CCP_karkur

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#11 - 2012-09-09 18:09:29 UTC
CCP karkur wrote:
Chribba wrote:

Repeat...

/c

the order is actually kind of confusing, and once I was going to try to fix it, but then decided people can just repeat until they get the correct one (since the only complaints I've "heard" about it have been inside my own head P )

I can complain about it. It's what many macros and spammers use since it allows them to repost their stuff easily, as well including links to their messages, something that is not possible by cop/paste.

As for regular users, I think it's being used very rarely, so for all I care I'd like to see it removed, only to make it harder for spammers and macros to ruin the social interaction.

Smile

/c

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-09-09 18:21:59 UTC
Chribba wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Chribba wrote:

Repeat...

/c

I can complain about it. It's what many macros and spammers use since it allows them to repost their stuff easily, as well including links to their messages, something that is not possible by cop/paste.

As for regular users, I think it's being used very rarely, so for all I care I'd like to see it removed, only to make it harder for spammers and macros to ruin the social interaction.

Smile

/c

I use it, please only speak for yourself. Being Eve Famous doesn't give you the right to speak for anyone but yourself, or at least that's the way it should be.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#13 - 2012-09-09 18:28:17 UTC
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
Chribba wrote:
CCP karkur wrote:
Chribba wrote:

Repeat...

/c

Smile

/c

I use it, please only speak for yourself. Being Eve Famous doesn't give you the right to speak for anyone but yourself, or at least that's the way it should be.

Please read my post again. Thanks Smile

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#14 - 2012-09-09 18:40:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Xercodo
I am also a user of this feature

The Drake is a Lie

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#15 - 2012-09-09 18:43:19 UTC
It's mostly used by contract spammers like Space Barbie
Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-09-09 18:51:34 UTC
Quote:
Please read my post again. Thanks

Sorry, don't mean to be rude and that was ambiguous.

What I meant was that your conclusion was drawn on the assumption that most people don't use the feature, not that you were casting my vote literally to remove it.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#17 - 2012-09-09 19:10:18 UTC
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
Quote:
Please read my post again. Thanks

Sorry, don't mean to be rude and that was ambiguous.

What I meant was that your conclusion was drawn on the assumption that most people don't use the feature, not that you were casting my vote literally to remove it.

Yeah sorry my assumption is really this, purely for the reason that I don't see what it does for most people as it is really just a tool for repeating oneself, and overall from all the chat statistics I have at my disposal, the average chatter isn't really repeating themselves so much that they would use this feature - at least not repeating themselves as much within a short period of time that it would go quicker to retype their sentence compared to finding it in the "history list".

Hence, I would put the users of the feature into the category of posting the same thing very often - aka spammers of varying degrees, be it every 20 seconds or 30 minutes.

Pilots can definitely change my view of this feature assuming it can be described to me how it can be beneficial in a non-spam/macro way. Unfortunately until then I will most likely keep thinking maybe it at the moment is doing more damage than good.

Feel free to enlighten me how you use it, if in a different way from my views. But then, there's fare more efficient ways to remove the spam/bots posting every 20s so I'd happily have that done over removing a feature that is used by real pilots Smile

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#18 - 2012-09-09 19:12:09 UTC
Xercodo wrote:

Awesome, how and what do you use it for?

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#19 - 2012-09-09 19:22:08 UTC
Bloodpetal wrote:

Go to a chat box you are using and press CTRL + Up or Down and you will be able to retrieve the last messages you sent.

Is this a new feature? Has this always been there and I suffered without it for 5 years?

If it is a new feature? Which DEV implemented it? Because you blew my mind away, I was like WTF OMG, amazed that this has been implemented.

Great stuff, thanks!! Lol

Did you know you can use ctrl+pageup/pagedown to flip between tabs in the same window? Also handy. not just for chat. Though it gets a little confused when you stick, say, S&I into another window. It'll just tab between S&I tabs once you're on it.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

mkint
#20 - 2012-09-09 19:26:19 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Xercodo wrote:

Awesome, how and what do you use it for?

Fc 's repeating a message as people join fleet. For example. Eve is also a coop game. There are plenty of reasons you might want to repeat a message to friends.

Maxim 6. If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

123Next pageLast page