These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Public Record of a Long Term Investment [Closed]

Author
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-09-04 18:09:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakach
I am just making public record of a long term investment that Vadane Deninard is planning with me.

He will be reciving 70% of my growth against his investment, with a minimum of 0% growth/month.
I do not have any current or major manufacturing setups, so growth will be determined by the difference between the starting and ending value of (sell order + wallet + escrow + estimated value of items in courier contracts)

How dividends are paid out has not been discussed yet, but will be recorded in here.

All money going in and out of his investment will be recorded in here or in a new thread that references any previous versions of this thread in the case of a thread lock.

This is a game, not a business. This is meant to be simple for me to manage and on average should return better than standard 10% going rate for bonds. The only thing that I guarantee is that the amount of isk in his investment will not reduce.

If either of us decide we don't like how something is going or change our minds for any reason, I will liquidate and pay back whatever his current invested value is.

I am not a professional auditor and numbers will be rounded during my estimations. Again, easier for me and on average better for him.

I am not going public quite yet with this idea as I am trying to figure out how to log/manage and seeing how things generally go. He solicited me based on a post I made, and I agreed to try it out with him.

If anyone else is courious about my idea in general, feel free to ask questions, but this is still an idea in the making.
NotTheSmartestCookie
Shooting Blues Everyday
Gimme Da Loot
#2 - 2012-09-04 18:24:28 UTC  |  Edited by: NotTheSmartestCookie
First in a 'I'm building public trust in an unverifiable way so i can scam y'all later on'-thread.

Edit: forgot to mention how it is kinda traditional to bring in a number of alts to vouch for your trustworthyness.

Making New Eden a better place 8 rounds of Void at a time.

Funny, smartest, pretty and relevant. Pick 3.

Proud shareholder in Halaima MinerBumping

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-09-04 18:34:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakach
NotTheSmartestCookie wrote:
First in a 'I'm building public trust in an unverifiable way so i can scam y'all later on'-thread.

He has access to my API keys and can see my assets/wallet/transactions/journal. This post is less about building public awareness and more about having public record that I accepted money from him for his sake.

My friends generally don't care and actually would rather not have their names plastered all over the forums, but he is not a "friend", so I would prefer to do things at least a bit more professionally.

I like to have my public debts made public.

edit: BTW, I do appreciate your at least half-serious sarcasm :p
Vadane Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-09-04 18:35:20 UTC
Despite my previous poster's scepticism, I confirm what Barakach has stated.

I have received API info and looked over it - thanks. ISK will be transfered shortly.

Looking forward to this deal and good luck.

VD
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-09-04 19:03:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Barakach
I was told money was transfer via game email, but I cannot check until I get home.

edit: VD, Probably another hours or so from the time of this posting (2012.09.04 21:27 - Displayed on Web page)
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-09-04 23:26:10 UTC
I just freaked myself out. I looked under player donations and did not see any deposits. It seems it was under "corp withdrawls"

Anyway, 750mil I am seeing deposited.

My other investments aren't to be paid out until Saturday Sep 22, so the first month won't be a full month, but still get credit for whatever "growth" during this time.

I pay every 4 weeks because it lets me land on the same day.
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-09-05 11:39:28 UTC
VD decided to have the dividend be 100% of the interest earned, so no money will be reinvested.
shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-09-05 11:56:39 UTC
Barakach wrote:

He has access to my API keys and can see my assets/wallet/transactions/journal. This post is less about building public awareness and more about having public record that I accepted money from him for his sake.

sure, would you lend me 10 bil, my buddy who will post here in a sec (His name is shar'ra matcevsovski1) who has access to my API will secure the deal. 100% save... See what I did there?

shar'ra phone home

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-09-05 13:14:22 UTC
shar'ra matcevsovski wrote:
Barakach wrote:

sure, would you lend me 10 bil, my buddy who will post here in a sec (His name is shar'ra matcevsovski1) who has access to my API will secure the deal. 100% save... See what I did there?

You have a buddy? Now I know you're lying. cwhatididthar? Cool

Again, the only reason I made this public was to protect my "buddy". If I was going to do public, I would have VV audit me and let potential investors have my API as well. I really don't care, I just do mostly station trading, nothing special.

I already made 5 bil net in the past 2 weeks, I'm not hurting for money. The amount of money "invested" into me is not much more than a rounding error compared to my total value. I'm doing this for fun and I still benefit from the extra money.
shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-09-05 13:31:38 UTC  |  Edited by: shar'ra matcevsovski
Barakach wrote:

not really, a childish unfunny insult maybe?

B2T:
how does this fishy thing get it any saver when you hand out your API key? hell I can give you my API key would you then give me all your isk? whats the point, tiger?

shar'ra phone home

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-09-05 13:42:08 UTC
Barakach wrote:

not really, a childish unfunny insult maybe?

B2T:
how does this fishy thing make it any saver when you hand out your API key? hell I can give you my API key would you then give me all your isk? whats the point, tiger?

Your ability to troll with a lack of sarcastic humor baffles me. Get that sand out of your vagina, if you queefed, there would be a sand storm.
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-09-05 13:47:11 UTC

B2T:
how does this fishy thing get it any saver when you hand out your API key? hell I can give you my API key would you then give me all your isk? whats the point, tiger?

When you look at my API, see well over 30bil, and making decent money; one may ask, "why would someone with 30bil want to scam me for 1bil when he makes that in 3 days?"

S&Gs I guess, but then I would ruin my name and my friends may question my motives, then I lose any/all faith that anyone has in me... hmmm...
shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-09-05 14:41:08 UTC
Barakach wrote:

When you look at my API, see well over 30bil, and making decent money; one may ask, "why would someone with 30bil want to scam me for 1bil when he makes that in 3 days?"

1. i havent even been saracastic ITT ;)
2. I have no API of you, so I cant check that
3. 30bil isnt really a lot, and no where near enough to explain why you shouldnt scam to get more isk

shar'ra phone home

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-09-05 15:08:45 UTC
Barakach wrote:

1. i havent even been saracastic ITT ;)
2. I have no API of you, so I cant check that
3. 30bil isnt really a lot, and no where near enough to explain why you shouldnt scam to get more isk

"2. I have no API of you, so I cant check that"

If you were pretending to be interested during a public offering, you would get my API, at which point you could do your own analysis and post what you found in the forums for a public discussion. Like I said, I have nothing to hide and I have no problem sharing information because I just do basic station trading.

"3. 30bil isnt really a lot, and no where near enough to explain why you shouldnt scam to get more isk "
I do agree that 30bil is quite small, but if all of my debts are public and money sent to me via donations and all money sent out via donations match what I have stated publicly, then the most I can scam people for is the amount that I claim to owe in debt.

It is up to the public to decide what risk it is to invest, but if the amount of debt that I have is less than 1 month of average growth, then what incentive do I have to scam? I'm not saying that there is no risk, but a one time scam for one month of income seems like I have more to lose than to gain.

In before it's brought up. What if I'm not using donations to funnel outside money in/out to prop up my trading to make it look better than it is?... Well, I must be f'n great to do that since my API shows me only trading in relatively high volume items in major trade hubs.
Vadane Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-09-05 16:14:22 UTC
It is unfortunate that this threat evolves like this.

I asked Barakach to open this thread so that I would have at least a marginal protection for my investment by telling the public about it. So yes, the intent was indeed to link Barakach's reputation with his business behaviour. There is no guarantee about it and its not at all comparable to a trustee or collateral in any form - but its how we proceed with EVE investments.

@Shar'ra: I understand your scepticism but then again you have to question every form of public reporting in this forum. There is always the chance that someone "asks his friend to do something".

"How do you know? How do you know you can trust me?"
- "I dont. Thats what trust is."

I wish Barakach all the best with his trading and may I profit a lot from his success. ;)
Until further notice, our setup for dividend payouts will remain as it is. Thank you.

Best regards,

VD
shar'ra matcevsovski
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-09-05 16:36:25 UTC  |  Edited by: shar'ra matcevsovski
Vadane Deninard wrote:

that means you can trust anyone and everyhting in eve because you dont know if u can trust him. brilliant reverse-logic!

Whats the big difference between you, and all the investors that offer this kind of service in jita-local all day? because there is a second char, that could easily be your alt, saying the oposite?

shar'ra phone home

Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-09-05 16:51:59 UTC
Vadane Deninard wrote:

that means you can trust anyone and everyhting in eve because you dont know if u can trust him. brilliant reverse-logic!

Whats the big difference between you, and all the investors that offer this kind of service in jita-local all day? because there is a second char, that could easily be your alt, saying the oposite?

I dragged this out long enough. I'm just playing Devil's advocate against myself.

shar'ra matcevsovski is just my crappy alt. I'm think I'm going to bio mass it because it's completely useless. So many fond memories of pointless arguments.

Anyway, I'm done playing, back to work.

I dare anyone to prove what I just said isn't true Twisted
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-09-09 13:59:23 UTC
VD decided to go 50/50 for reinvestment/payout
Vadane Deninard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2012-09-09 14:15:10 UTC
I confirm.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-09-10 01:55:21 UTC
Barakach wrote:
Vadane Deninard wrote:

I dragged this out long enough. I'm just playing Devil's advocate against myself.

shar'ra matcevsovski is just my crappy alt. I'm think I'm going to bio mass it because it's completely useless. So many fond memories of pointless arguments.

Anyway, I'm done playing, back to work.

I dare anyone to prove what I just said isn't true Twisted

lol, checkmate

I should buy an Ishtar.

12Next page