These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

3 genuine questions for Mittens

Author
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#41 - 2011-10-14 23:12:41 UTC
you use caldari instead, which makes up for their lack of silo bonus by having a shitload of cpu

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Taedrin
Virtues Corporation
#42 - 2011-10-14 23:19:23 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
you use caldari instead, which makes up for their lack of silo bonus by having a shitload of cpu


No, don't tel..!

I mean, SUSH you, using Caldari Towers is a TERRIBLE idea.
John Rothman
Mad Stacks
#43 - 2011-10-14 23:20:15 UTC
I'm not sure what's funnier... that you think this would make EVE "fail", that you think this is what Goons are actually doing, or that this wouldn't improve EVE.

Just full of LOL.

Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
All your questions could be answered with a single answer.

The Mittani is an ass who would rather see EvE fail than do the right and responsible thing as CSM chair to help CCP improve EvE.

This is the typical assinine mentality of a Goon. Can't expect anything less from thier leader. Frankly I seriously doubt he is actually causing the damage he wants to Empire.

But...it is a sandbox game. If Goonswarm wants to act as the "cancer of EvE" that it is and work towards EvE's destruction and downfall then so be it. Perhaps CCP will ban them from EvE like Second Life did so long ago.

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#44 - 2011-10-14 23:23:00 UTC
oh no ships and modules might become expensive again.

losses becoming meaningful will surely be the death of eve

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2011-10-14 23:32:39 UTC
things happens, they come and go and in the larger scheme it doesn't really matter. What matter is that people engaging in such or against it have fun doing it. The value of their time its on theirs shoulders.
JamesCLK
#46 - 2011-10-15 00:01:59 UTC  |  Edited by: JamesCLK
Posting in a srs thread.

Goons aren't out to ruin THE game, they're out to ruin YOUR game.
This has always held true; afterall, why would goons try to ruin a game that caters to their favorite playstyle (namely being dicks <3)?

I always say: Less QQ, more PEW PEW. If you don't like bending over to goons, stand up and fight back.
Don't make yourself a target, use regular mining barges instead of exhumers. You'll still mine a bit of valuable ice when you don't get ganked, but losses won't hurt as much. Get creative and make defence pacts with other mining corps.

Right now, those hisec bears that are just backing down are being spineless slugs.
Don't like it?
Do something about it.

Just my 2 cents.

NB: I also think CCP would rather see how the economy adjusts and/or recovers, than step in and ban the oh so lovely goons.
EDIT: Clarification - Mittens is tired of people thinking hisec is safe, he finds great joy in proving the contrary. Tears ensue.
Adapt or die.

-- -.-- / -.-. .-.. --- -. . / .. ... / - --- --- / . -..- .--. . -. ... .. ...- . / - --- / ..- -. -.. --- -.-. -.- / ... - --- .--. / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / ... . -. -.. / .... . .-.. .--. / ... - --- .--.

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2011-10-15 00:02:44 UTC
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:


1) Goons set out to destroy any MMO they enter.
.


That's just a little pathetic.
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2011-10-15 00:06:53 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:


1) Goons set out to destroy any MMO they enter.
.


That's just a little pathetic.

More so because it's not true.
Mixne
More Money More Problems
#49 - 2011-10-15 00:21:06 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
Mehrdad Kor-Azor wrote:


1) Goons set out to destroy any MMO they enter.
.


That's just a little pathetic.


Pretty sure stuff like this pops up simply due to the population Goons bring to games. I know back in my earlier days of gaming, Goons annoyed me when I joined an MMO and landed on a "Goon server". It had nothing to do with me knowing who they were, but more to do with me seeing them everywhere. I'm older now and less apt to make a quick, unjustified judgement like that and the Goons don't annoy me at all. In fact, anyone that understands the concept of a "sandbox" should be applauding them for driving the sandbox. Of course, getting blown up by them and set back some large number of hours of "work" kind of sucks. However, those hours of "work" should have been fun, which offsets the loss. If they weren't fun, you may be better off doing something else in EVE... something that IS fun to you.
Cerisia
Loyal Fortune
#50 - 2011-10-15 00:38:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Cerisia
I've recently returned after a long break, sailed into the whole "Incarna is bad mkay" thing (which was quite right IMO) and I've seen first hand how GS has made this game suddenly interesting and fun again (yeah ok , I don't mine - so it's not affecting me first hand)

The miners (that have balls anyway) are banding together and trying to work out ways of beating Goon attacks, Goons are suddenly everywhere in the forums. TBH I've not had as much fun in an MMO for ages and long may it continue.

That said I wouldn't trust a Goon farther than I can throw one - but that's just a healthy reaction me thinks :)
This space for rent..
Igualmentedos
Perkone
Caldari State
#51 - 2011-10-15 00:45:26 UTC
I'm not gonna lie this is kind of funny. It doesn't hurt me at all so go for it goons!
Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2011-10-15 00:53:17 UTC
John Rothman wrote:
I'm not sure what's funnier... that you think this would make EVE "fail", that you think this is what Goons are actually doing, or that this wouldn't improve EVE.

Just full of LOL.

Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
All your questions could be answered with a single answer.

The Mittani is an ass who would rather see EvE fail than do the right and responsible thing as CSM chair to help CCP improve EvE.

This is the typical assinine mentality of a Goon. Can't expect anything less from thier leader. Frankly I seriously doubt he is actually causing the damage he wants to Empire.

But...it is a sandbox game. If Goonswarm wants to act as the "cancer of EvE" that it is and work towards EvE's destruction and downfall then so be it. Perhaps CCP will ban them from EvE like Second Life did so long ago.



It really doesn't suprise me that you are too stupid to read since I specifically stated that I really doubt that what GS is doing is having the effect Mittani really desired.

You very much are full of LOL.

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2011-10-15 00:58:08 UTC
just mine ice in a procurer, nobody's going to bother with you

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Comrade Commizzar
Eve Revolutionary Army
#54 - 2011-10-15 01:09:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Comrade Commizzar
In keeping with my instructions from CCP (under penalty of forum banning) to only post positve remarks concerning the Goons and the game I am hereby stating my full support for the actions of the Goons and applaud their effort to destroy the game balance (and indeed the game itself) through metagaming and mechanics exploitation.

BRAVO GOONS !


On a side note that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GOONS,
My postings on third party game review forums have quadrupled in number and grown quite negtive in nature. Anyone reading them will certainly not bother trying EVE. (Hey, if the Goons are working to destroy EVE, then I should too.)
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#55 - 2011-10-15 01:14:38 UTC
Karim alRashid wrote:
If EVE economy is gonna get ruined, the main credit for this goes to CCP with their absurd CONCORD bounty payments.


Oh no .. Q Q all over the floor. Lol
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#56 - 2011-10-15 01:26:25 UTC
All economic debates aside, if you're asking the Mittani a serious bizness question, URDOINITWRONG.



But the serious bizness answer is, they're doing it for attention, fun, and to push the economy in ways it hasn't been pushed in a while. Fame, fun, and testing the capabilities and resilience of an computerized trade model, are all completely legit ways to play the game.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#57 - 2011-10-15 01:29:10 UTC
Who said that the CSM are supposed to represent everyone?

They are supposed to represent those that have voted in them. If goons are the most "organized" (heh) group in this game and can easelly set us up the CSM, then tough luck.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Comrade Commizzar
Eve Revolutionary Army
#58 - 2011-10-15 01:35:05 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
Who said that the CSM are supposed to represent everyone?

They are supposed to represent those that have voted in them. If goons are the most "organized" (heh) group in this game and can easelly set us up the CSM, then tough luck.


CORRECTION: If the Goons are the most NUMEROUS in the game, then via a purely "majority rule" they are certain to be heavily represented. Might be an arguement for a more republican form of CSM.
Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#59 - 2011-10-15 01:43:13 UTC
Cerisia wrote:
I've recently returned after a long break, sailed into the whole "Incarna is bad mkay" thing (which was quite right IMO) and I've seen first hand how GS has made this game suddenly interesting and fun again (yeah ok , I don't mine - so it's not affecting me first hand)

The miners (that have balls anyway) are banding together and trying to work out ways of beating Goon attacks, Goons are suddenly everywhere in the forums. TBH I've not had as much fun in an MMO for ages and long may it continue.

That said I wouldn't trust a Goon farther than I can throw one - but that's just a healthy reaction me thinks :)


Cerisia gets it. I wish the rest of the EvE community had this attitude - positive, creative, and resilient in the face of opposition. Sadly, most wish to complain instead when presented with a challenge.

And a challenge, really, is all this 'Oxytope crisis" really is. Something to force you to change your mode of operation - find alternatives. Think outside the box, think on your feet. To push you to take risks - mine in more dangerous areas or new territory, to try new ships or towers, or other activities for income.

Think of the whole expansion fight, WiS, FiS, all that crap. The whole big deal over the last few months has been a bunch of bored players begging CCP to provide deeper challenge, and more content.

The Goons are giving that to you NOW. No waiting. No debating. It's arguable more real, and more impactful, than the Incursions CCP spent months working on.

I'll stop feeding Goon egos now, but seriously everyone - there are lots of workarounds to the Goon attacks. Step up your game. Move out of the kiddie pool and into the deep end, or you're going to get shot. The lifeguard is posted, and he's the one with the sniper rifle.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

A Lunchbox
Basgerin Pirate
#60 - 2011-10-15 01:44:55 UTC
This is almost as funny as when Goons joined AOC and farmed level 20s in Khopshef province with level 80 chars for like 4 months. Freaking hillarious.

P.S. they got rolled out of the game by a giant NAP fest of carebear guilds burning their guild city to the ground. Just saying, carebears.