These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

CCP-best place to work?

First post
Author
ugh zug
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-09-07 19:59:39 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Glassdoor consensus says it's a fun place to work but bad pay and leadership probs... no advancement for non-icelanders. ...but the only people who post on glass door are pi**'d anyway so grain of salt. Personally, I think the best position you can have is being a player Big smile

exactly if eve become your job the game will no longer be fun.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-09-07 20:16:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
ugh zug wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Glassdoor consensus says it's a fun place to work but bad pay and leadership probs... no advancement for non-icelanders. ...but the only people who post on glass door are pi**'d anyway so grain of salt. Personally, I think the best position you can have is being a player Big smile

exactly if eve become your job the game will no longer be fun.
I've never seen a person from CCP confirm this but apparently if you work for CCP you get access to the Dev/Jovian ships. From an EVE player perspective that sounds like a nice company perk to me. Big smile
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#23 - 2012-09-07 20:22:06 UTC
Hi everyone,

Just want to ask people to keep it polite please!

I wanted to point out something here, that some of these comments on Glass Door actually appeared on/or around the time that many people were destroying Jita monuments, July last year ...

As some of you have wisely pointed out, there is no validation that it's official or indeed anything but disgruntlement.

I can personally attest that the comment listed in the opening post here, that says 'uploaded yesterday' was the same thing I read last year.

That being the case, we'll keep this open for now, but lets not let this slide into the realm where it does become personal attack, or indeed anything else that the forum rules disallow.

Have fun!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-09-07 23:13:22 UTC
And that will not happend where you work? its standere even my boss dont know iam stealing his **** o wait or helping my client... Nah the dont care if the money flows it flows. keep it that way so every one is happy.
Casirio
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2012-09-07 23:22:54 UTC
Istan Mahwi wrote:
If you're not working on EVE, then no one really cares what you're doing. It's the religion of the studio and if you don't worship it, then you won't have much in common with a lot of the employees.

Good. I don't want anybody working on my game that doesn't love it.
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#26 - 2012-09-08 00:12:17 UTC
Welcome to Mcdonalds,
Can I help you?

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-09-08 00:14:44 UTC
lanyaie should have wrote:
Bienvenido a Mcdonalds, ¿puedo ayudarle?

fixed P
Sabrina Solette
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-09-08 00:17:48 UTC
Well I don't work there and it's extremely unlikely that I ever will.

So why should I care?

@ op
Nothing better to write about?
Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-09-08 01:44:30 UTC
Cool site!

So, reading reviews... Cliquish behavior, poor communication with management, under-appreciated line workers, etc. Sounds like every other job in existence ever. Oh well. I hope it's all stemming from last year. Hilmar's FanFest speech and the appointment of Jon Lander imply positive things for the future.

/2 ISK

Occasionally plays sober

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-09-08 01:45:50 UTC
To be honest working in a video game store was bad enough, I can only imagine making the damn things. Ugh
Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-09-08 01:52:10 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
To be honest working in a video game store was bad enough, I can only imagine making the damn things. Ugh

Did you work for GameStop? I did part time for a while, was my favorite and least favorite job ever...

Loved getting paid to talk with people about games, but GameStop has some messed up policy (what job doesn't); although maybe it has changed, been like 6 years since I worked there. Once I got my reals career didn't need a second job anymore.

James315 for CSM 8!

Ginger Jesus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-09-08 01:53:09 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:

Wouldn't compare it to a minimum wage job. However there are more people wanting to work in the game industry than they have positions for so you end up with employee's who will work on the cheap. Making the atmosphere all the more unpleasant. Couple that with it being a niche game with comparatively low numbers and I'm sure it's even more of a stressful environment.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-09-08 02:20:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Abel Merkabah wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:

Did you work for GameStop? I did part time for a while, was my favorite and least favorite job ever...

Loved getting paid to talk with people about games, but GameStop has some messed up policy (what job doesn't); although maybe it has changed, been like 6 years since I worked there. Once I got my reals career didn't need a second job anymore.
I worked for a small video game shop called "Games 2 Go" that did the whole new and used game thing but also specialized in hard to find systems (Neo Geo, 3DO, TurboGrafix 16, Magnavox Odyssey, Philips CD-i, etc) and imports. The job itself was great, probably one of the best jobs I ever had since I got to sit around all day listening to stoner music and playing all these rare import games and stuff my friends didn't even know existed. The bad part was that 95% of the people who came in were looking for the same old crap they could buy at the local department store, and they expected us to somehow carry it for less than those stores would. So between that and the kids who would come in and try to rip off stuff they would have had no way of even using (I remember one kid tried to make off with a Mega Drive system which he wouldn't have even been able to power up let alone find a PAL monitor to play it on) the shop eventually closed.
Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-09-08 03:22:09 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Abel Merkabah wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:

I worked for a small video game shop called "Games 2 Go" that did the whole new and used game thing but also specialized in hard to find systems (Neo Geo, 3DO, TurboGrafix 16, Magnavox Odyssey, Philips CD-i, etc) and imports. The job itself was great, probably one of the best jobs I ever had since I got to sit around all day listening to stoner music and playing all these rare import games and stuff my friends didn't even know existed. The bad part was that 95% of the people who came in were looking for the same old crap they could buy at the local department store, and they expected us to somehow carry it for less than those stores would. So between that and the kids who would come in and try to rip off stuff they would have had no way of even using (I remember one kid tried to make off with a Mega Drive system which he wouldn't have even been able to power up let alone find a PAL monitor to play it on) the shop eventually closed.

That sounds like it would have been a blast. I used to go through phases where I would collect old games and systems; build up a nice little collection, then need cash and sell it all...lol...your store sounds like it would have been my heaven. Now that I make enough I wouldn't have to sell my collection, I'm not as interested in collecting games anymore...funny how that works out...

James315 for CSM 8!

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-09-08 03:26:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Yokai Mitsuhide
Sabrina Solette wrote:

So why should I care?

@ op

Then why the hell did you bother posting here? Don't look for threads you have on interest in just to post you don't care. Nothing better to do with your time?

OT: I've read a lot of the things on that site a while ago, seems they just get reuploaded to seem more recent lol.
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-09-08 03:37:02 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Sabrina Solette wrote:

So why should I care?

@ op

Then why the hell did you bother posting here? Don't look for threads you have on interest in just to post you don't care. Nothing better to do with your time?

OT: I've read a lot of the things on that site a while ago, seems they just get reuploaded to seem more recent lol.

Interesting how all the Microsoft ones just get pooled though..
Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-09-08 03:42:58 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
Sabrina Solette wrote:

So why should I care?

@ op

Interesting how all the Microsoft ones just get pooled though..

After reading a lot of those it's clear that most of the issues aside from the obvious poor management is that publishers have far to much say/power over what gets done. I mean sure these developers need to get the funding from somewhere but... at what cost? Lazier development, no new ideas, gaming is getting kind of stale (on consoles anyway)
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-09-08 03:47:49 UTC
Yokai Mitsuhide wrote:
After reading a lot of those it's clear that most of the issues aside from the obvious poor management is that publishers have far to much say/power over what gets done. I mean sure these developers need to get the funding from somewhere but... at what cost? Lazier development, no new ideas, gaming is getting kind of stale (on consoles anyway)
Preaching to the choir man, last video game console I bought was a Sega Dreamcast. P
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#39 - 2012-09-08 04:26:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Liang Nuren
Ginger Jesus wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:

Wouldn't compare it to a minimum wage job. However there are more people wanting to work in the game industry than they have positions for so you end up with employee's who will work on the cheap. Making the atmosphere all the more unpleasant. Couple that with it being a niche game with comparatively low numbers and I'm sure it's even more of a stressful environment.

Whaaaat? It's nothing like that at all. The real problem is finding qualified candidates to fill the positions we have open. The atmosphere is generally fun and upbeat - much more so than other industries that I've worked in.

-Liang

Ed: What you say is true at the mega corps (and as such is true in all industries), but attributing that to the entire games industry is just wrong.

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

MinefieldS
1 Sick Duck Standss on something
#40 - 2012-09-08 05:00:09 UTC
Istan Mahwi wrote:
CCP-best place to work?

Pest control - alone you'll kill more bugs than everybody else in there combined.
Previous page123Next page