These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

PI for isk

Author
William Bowman
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-09-05 18:57:39 UTC
HI there,

Been looking at PI in my C3, thinking of making some fuel for my large tower but I read somewhere someone mentioning making 2 bill a week on 3 accounts, that is about 20 mill a day per account, how is this poss and what would they be making as I set up a couple of planets than generate about 1 mill a day! lol
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2012-09-05 19:04:33 UTC
William Bowman wrote:
HI there,

Been looking at PI in my C3, thinking of making some fuel for my large tower but I read somewhere someone mentioning making 2 bill a week on 3 accounts, that is about 20 mill a day per account, how is this poss and what would they be making as I set up a couple of planets than generate about 1 mill a day! lol

It's not.
William Bowman
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-09-05 19:11:35 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
William Bowman wrote:
HI there,

It's not.

was going to say haha, I think covering my fuel costs is about as much as I can expect, and well... fine with me :D
Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#4 - 2012-09-06 08:12:04 UTC
You can more than cover the cost of your fuel with a barren, lava and gas planet. You should be able to make some cash with robotics bonus production as well :-)

Svodola Darkfury.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-09-06 08:23:27 UTC
I can make about 1.5 bill in our C2 with four character but it's hard work.

A member of a large C6 corp told me he makes 9 bill per month with very little effort, and it made me sad Cry
Obax Bannon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-09-06 08:52:17 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
I can make about 1.5 bill in our C2 with four character but it's hard work.

A member of a large C6 corp told me he makes 9 bill per month with very little effort, and it made me sad Cry

Yeah likewise in ours I would say we can make around 1/5-2bill/month with 4 toons
Its pretty boring work tho
BigWolf Omega
Bazinga Labs
#7 - 2012-09-06 14:05:54 UTC  |  Edited by: BigWolf Omega
I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to do... if you're willing to be resetting at least 4 times a day on 4 or 5 planets at least, and thats per toon
Needless to say, I doubt you'd be doing much else
Denal Umbra
Coffee Hub
#8 - 2012-09-06 20:53:44 UTC
what? hard work? what is this nonsense....

I'm making 1b/month with minimal input with 3 chars. Main + second acc "main" both have 3-4 day cycles and one alt has a 14 day cycle. Only "hard work" is going inside, picking it up and moving it to high-sec to sell once a month.

Do some research, find which item sells for the most and set it up. P1/2 are good to produce and if you want to haul/move stuff around, you can make an even bigger profit making P3/4.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#9 - 2012-09-06 21:10:51 UTC
Denal Umbra wrote:
what? hard work? what is this nonsense....

I'm making 1b/month with minimal input with 3 chars. Main + second acc "main" both have 3-4 day cycles and one alt has a 14 day cycle. Only "hard work" is going inside, picking it up and moving it to high-sec to sell once a month.

Do some research, find which item sells for the most and set it up. P1/2 are good to produce and if you want to haul/move stuff around, you can make an even bigger profit making P3/4.

Well yea 1bil a month isn't terribly hard. But the OP was asking about someone claiming 2bil a week.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-09-06 21:47:12 UTC
Do you need a pos to make this stuff, so that you constantly need to cover fuel expenses? Or can you just set up the mods to produce & store goods for sale?

Edit: im not sure any of that made sense. I don't really know what im talking about
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#11 - 2012-09-06 22:37:25 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
Do you need a pos to make this stuff, so that you constantly need to cover fuel expenses? Or can you just set up the mods to produce & store goods for sale?

Edit: im not sure any of that made sense. I don't really know what im talking about

You don't need a POS to do PI. But generally you need a POS to effectively live in a wormhole
Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#12 - 2012-09-07 05:05:54 UTC
Not doing PI in a lower class WH is like leaving all those delicious wild strawberries rot in the ground. Two characters, 1-1.2bil/month. Setup does require daily attention (5-10min), but maybe that's just because I'm bad and/or don't mind doing PI, I like those planets and little bit of balancing planning.

Oh and that 2bil week is certainly possible with 3 accounts- it's nine characters. It does depend on your planets, not all systems are equal. And even if you might have good planets, one of them might suck for the resource you need, gimping your output.

Anyway, it's like free isk, and I'll take a free T3 or two plexes per month, tyvm :)

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#13 - 2012-09-07 05:37:58 UTC
Roime wrote:
Oh and that 2bil week is certainly possible with 3 accounts- it's nine characters. It does depend on your planets, not all systems are equal. And even if you might have good planets, one of them might suck for the resource you need, gimping your output.

Yea I guess. When I read that I see it said accounts but I had it stuck in my head 3 characters.

I really need to get my PI going again. It is pretty easy isk overall. I'm just so damn lazy.
Frying Doom
#14 - 2012-09-07 05:40:39 UTC
Roime wrote:
Not doing PI in a lower class WH is like leaving all those delicious wild strawberries rot in the ground. Two characters, 1-1.2bil/month. Setup does require daily attention (5-10min), but maybe that's just because I'm bad and/or don't mind doing PI, I like those planets and little bit of balancing planning.

Anyway, it's like free isk, and I'll take a free T3 or two plexes per month, tyvm :)

I must be producing the wrong thing if you get 1-1.2 bill a month with 2 characters.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#15 - 2012-09-07 11:41:14 UTC
Full 12 planet setup feeding two advanced factories pumping out p4 24/7. My setup might not be optimal (no spreadsheets were harmed in the planning process!) , and some other wh system might have a planet composition that can produce better p4, so I believe it's possible to make even more.

Frying Doom
#16 - 2012-09-07 12:38:19 UTC
Roime wrote:
Full 12 planet setup feeding two advanced factories pumping out p4 24/7. My setup might not be optimal (no spreadsheets were harmed in the planning process!) , and some other wh system might have a planet composition that can produce better p4, so I believe it's possible to make even more.

Well that explains it The WH I am in lets me do 2 Tier 2's and a few rubbish T3 and no T4's.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-09-07 14:37:26 UTC
PI is for people who dont know how to run sites, just saying.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Angsty Teenager
Broski North
#18 - 2012-09-07 16:35:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Angsty Teenager
PI doesn't seem worth it to me. I mean,10 minutes of work per day per character (including logging in, warping, setting up the planet, etc...), and assuming you use 3 characters and make 2bil/month, you end up making 133mil/hour.

That's not really worth it considering that you have to waste 3 character slots and it actually requires thinking.

Unless you actually like the PI minigame, lololol.
Marsan
#19 - 2012-09-07 16:46:02 UTC
Now that's just stupid. A smart wspace dweller knows to max his income out by doing PI, sleeper sites, and select gas sites. Even with PI skills at 4, doing 2 day cycles, only producing tier 2 goods I make 50-100M isk a week with about 20 minutes of my time per character*. All of that time would have been wasted any as I was waiting for a fleet to form, or a hole to be scanned down. Hell I'm in the process of full train up my main characters on my accounts full for PI, and then training another set of PI alts. I figure I'll be making 200-400M for an hour of work per week when I'm done.

*Notes-
- I don't pay PI taxes
- I have a nice mix of planets
- I forget for restart my extractors a lot.
- I'm not an expert at PI, and frankly don't care enough to do it well.

Former forum cheerleader CCP, now just a grumpy small portion of the community.

Denal Umbra
Coffee Hub
#20 - 2012-09-07 18:13:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Denal Umbra
mhmhmhhhh...

PI _IS NOT_ a lot of work at all.

Set up a few planets producing p2, reset once every few days (i do them every 3-4, one toon every 14 days) and empty it out at the end of the month or when the launchpads are filled. Minimal effort but still a decent profit.

If you want to be major active and make a bigger buck then yes. Actively moving p1 to a manu planet or making p3/4 is worth it but for completely passive, minimal input p2 is the best.

As for the 2b, it is very much possible even w.o. having to spend a LOT of time every day.

As for numbers...

~500m from the main who has ccu5, 3 p2 on each planet, 5 planets
~400m from the "second main" who has ccu4, 2 p2 on each planet, 5 planets
~100m from the alt who has ccu3, 1 p2 on each planet, 4 planets

You can have 2 alts making 200m for a twice a month loging in and emptying their pi out once every 3 months + the main whos reseting takes at most 2-3 minutes with the new pi system to make 500m+.

Sure the sleeper sites pay more, but the convenience of setting up and emptying out pi in wh space is just too good to pass up.
12Next page