These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Please do not let Eve Online go soft

First post
Author
Caldari Citizen 1897289768142
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-09-05 21:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
This is a general call to the CSM and to the community as a player who is drawn to the "hard" nature of Eve Online. I am sure that there will be some who say that "I got what was coming" and that is OK, but I am a bit saddened by this course of events and ask the CSM to make sure that stuff like this does not continue. My story:

My character, formerly called "Prize Dept" had a scam going that involved contracting ships to winners of SOMER Blink (http://cogdev.net/blink/) for 1B ISK. This has continued for some time quite successfully. *snip*

EDIT: Discussion of GM actions and private communication between players and staff is not permitted on the forums. If you have any issues with the way your case has been dealt with you can file a petition, if you have already done this and feel your case has not been dealt with correctly you can ask for it to be escalated to a senior GM - ISD Type40.
serras bang
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-09-05 21:42:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Caldari Citizen 1897289768142 wrote:
This is a general call to the CSM and to the community as a player who is drawn to the "hard" nature of Eve Online. I am sure that there will be some who say that "I got what was coming" and that is OK, but I am a bit saddened by this course of events and ask the CSM to make sure that stuff like this does not continue. My story:

My character, formerly called "Prize Dept" had a scam going that involved contracting ships to winners of SOMER Blink (http://cogdev.net/blink/) for 1B ISK. This has continued for some time quite successfully. *snip*.

quite frankly im suprised you even got one person to fall from it as i spotted it almost straight away when you sent me a hookbill wanting a bill for it.
Mr Rook
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-09-05 21:51:55 UTC
It's a shame that the sandbox is getting so small =/
feel your pain caldari citizen, the game isnt what it used to be...
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#4 - 2012-09-05 22:10:21 UTC

Scamming is allowed, and I don't see how this is violation of the Eula....

At the same point in time... your actions are pretty reprehensible... even if legit...
Sar'ran Zorn
St. Albans' Refuge
#5 - 2012-09-06 13:13:41 UTC
If your name was irrelevant to the scam, then being renamed is irrelevant to it.

Either you were trying to trick people into believe you were someone else, or it doesn't matter that you were renamed.
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-09-06 13:30:55 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD TYPE40
Thread locked as topic is not in correct forum nor suitable for discussion on these forums.

As stated above;

Discussion of GM actions and private communication between players and staff is not permitted on the forums. If you have any issues with the way your case has been dealt with you can file a petition, if you have already done this and feel your case has not been dealt with correctly you can ask for it to be escalated to a senior GM - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]