These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

James 315 for CSM as hi-sec representative

First post
Author
Adam Junior
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2012-09-05 14:32:03 UTC
James is the only one who will stop the stratification of EVE and induce hilarious miner tears in the process. He has my vote.
Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#82 - 2012-09-05 14:32:46 UTC
Caelis Boirelle wrote:
James 315 has made one of the largest contributions to emergent gameplay in Eve in quite some time with activity that has garnered 9bil isk worth of support and funding and a daily blog getting over 1000 hits a day. All in the space of a few months.

He also has a solid understanding of hisec mechanics and areas of improvement, has actually gotten off his backside and tried to implement some sort of change rather than just whining in GD about it and has some high quality communications skills to boot.

Surely he's a better choice to argue hisec's corner on the csm than some carebear miner who's just going to sit in the corner shouting, "MOAR BARGES! MOAR BUFFS! GANKING SHOULD BE AGAINST EULA!"

Huh, I didn't know that advertising things that had been done for years qualified as emergent gameplay. Making Hulkageddon "permanent" was more emergent on the Goons part than Bumpageddon ever could be, and considering that was an activity people engaged in anyways, that ranks about a 2 on that scale.

Couple that with the fact that he doesn't even have the fortitude to gank these miners in the first place, that tells me he couldn't commit to any cause, let alone the CSM. That aside, we have no guarantees that he isn't on the end of a leash held by men far greater than he that have no love for anything but their own agendas, agendas that would do nothing to ensure the continued existence of hisec as a viable stage of gameplay.

I love you ending the rant with the fear mongering, Chicken Little rhetoric though, stick to what works, right?

Petrus Blackshell wrote:
tl;dr: The title.

James knows how hisec works and has written extensively on the psychological profile of hisec inhabitants, their activities, and how to improve hisec. He has also proven he is a man of action, not simply sitting behind his soapbox, but taking matters into his own hands and trying to make a change. His skill with written rhetoric, politically charged situations, keeping in touch with the community, and taking a stand for the area of Eve he lives in qualify him perfectly to serve on the CSM to advise CCP on matters pertaining to hisec space -- which the other CSM representatives so far may not have the background to actually do. James' presence on the CSM, or even his campaigning for CSM may serve as a wake-up call for hisec residents to actively participate in CSM elections.

Because of all these reasons, I unofficially nominate James 315 as a CSM candidate to represent hisec! Who is with me?

(This post is not endorsed by James, nor do I know if he is even willing to run for CSM; if/when you see this, James, please comment)

(Edited title for clarity)

Anyone can be an armchair shrink when they start pulling generalizations out of their butts left and right.

A man of action (surely you jest) doing things that others have nearly gotten bans for, under the EULA, griefing. How he gets away with it is beyond me.

Rhetoric, aka propaganda, a tool used by many, Adolf, Mussolini, Stalin, Jones, Koresh...I'm sure I don't have to continue.

What's he taking a stand on? Seriously? It equates to, "Don't do that without my permission or I'll bump you! I'm serious, fella!"

I think those who have lived in hisec for years are far more qualified to be CSM of hisec than someone who has only recently become seriously involved in anything hisec.

In summation, I am alarmed that anyone would suggest someone for CSM Hisec when that person has no love for hisec whatsoever, but rather his own ego and agenda. I am also alarmed that people are so enamored with this schmoe, when he lacks the fortitude to do anything substantial and real. How committed is he to the cause? Would he tank his secstat to prove his dedication to those that flock to his goose-stepping banner? Would he sacrifice everything he has to ensure those who buy into his rhetoric and propaganda? Actions, not words. I would support him further if he talked less and shot more, but I never see that happening. The best part about him is that his actions and his manifestos shine such a huge light on him, true players of hisec would never vote for him.

The funniest part is that we've seen this sort of thing so many times, and yet people still manage to fall for this kind of person, putting them in power and then wondering why they live in a police state.

John Hancock

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#83 - 2012-09-05 14:44:38 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Caelis Boirelle wrote:
James 315 has made one of the largest contributions to emergent gameplay in Eve in quite some time with activity that has garnered 9bil isk worth of support and funding and a daily blog getting over 1000 hits a day. All in the space of a few months.

He also has a solid understanding of hisec mechanics and areas of improvement, has actually gotten off his backside and tried to implement some sort of change rather than just whining in GD about it and has some high quality communications skills to boot.

Surely he's a better choice to argue hisec's corner on the csm than some carebear miner who's just going to sit in the corner shouting, "MOAR BARGES! MOAR BUFFS! GANKING SHOULD BE AGAINST EULA!"

Huh, I didn't know that advertising things that had been done for years qualified as emergent gameplay. Making Hulkageddon "permanent" was more emergent on the Goons part than Bumpageddon ever could be, and considering that was an activity people engaged in anyways, that ranks about a 2 on that scale.

Couple that with the fact that he doesn't even have the fortitude to gank these miners in the first place, that tells me he couldn't commit to any cause, let alone the CSM. That aside, we have no guarantees that he isn't on the end of a leash held by men far greater than he that have no love for anything but their own agendas, agendas that would do nothing to ensure the continued existence of hisec as a viable stage of gameplay.

I love you ending the rant with the fear mongering, Chicken Little rhetoric though, stick to what works, right?

Petrus Blackshell wrote:

James knows how hisec works and has written extensively on the psychological profile of hisec inhabitants, their activities, and how to improve hisec. He has also proven he is a man of action, not simply sitting behind his soapbox, but taking matters into his own hands and trying to make a change. His skill with written rhetoric, politically charged situations, keeping in touch with the community, and taking a stand for the area of Eve he lives in qualify him perfectly to serve on the CSM to advise CCP on matters pertaining to hisec space -- which the other CSM representatives so far may not have the background to actually do. James' presence on the CSM, or even his campaigning for CSM may serve as a wake-up call for hisec residents to actively participate in CSM elections.

Because of all these reasons, I unofficially nominate James 315 as a CSM candidate to represent hisec! Who is with me?

(This post is not endorsed by James, nor do I know if he is even willing to run for CSM; if/when you see this, James, please comment)

Anyone can be an armchair shrink when they start pulling generalizations out of their butts left and right.

A man of action (surely you jest) doing things that others have nearly gotten bans for, under the EULA, griefing. How he gets away with it is beyond me.

Rhetoric, aka propaganda, a tool used by many, Adolf, Mussolini, Stalin, Jones, Koresh...I'm sure I don't have to continue.

What's he taking a stand on? Seriously? It equates to, "Don't do that without my permission or I'll bump you! I'm serious, fella!"

I think those who have lived in hisec for years are far more qualified to be CSM of hisec than someone who has only recently become seriously involved in anything hisec.

In summation, I am alarmed that anyone would suggest someone for CSM Hisec when that person has no love for hisec whatsoever, but rather his own ego and agenda. I am also alarmed that people are so enamored with this schmoe, when he lacks the fortitude to do anything substantial and real. How committed is he to the cause? Would he tank his secstat to prove his dedication to those that flock to his goose-stepping banner? Would he sacrifice everything he has to ensure those who buy into his rhetoric and propaganda? Actions, not words. I would support him further if he talked less and shot more, but I never see that happening. The best part about him is that his actions and his manifestos shine such a huge light on him, true players of hisec would never vote for him.

The funniest part is that we've seen this sort of thing so many times, and yet people still manage to fall for this kind of person, putting them in power and then wondering why they live in a police state.

Relax, it's a game.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Josef Djugashvilis
#84 - 2012-09-05 14:45:54 UTC
The question is, how well would a CSM candidtae, whose campaign amounted to, 'bump a miner a day' do?

This is not a signature.

Suddenly Forums ForumKings
Doomheim
#85 - 2012-09-05 14:46:12 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Caelis Boirelle wrote:

Petrus Blackshell wrote:

Are we seriously going to compare James 315 to Hitler and Stalin?
Uris Vitgar
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2012-09-05 14:48:13 UTC
James 315 is fun, but he's also a total nutter. That's a good characteristic in a highsec griefer, and sometimes a good characteristic in a blogger, but it's absolutely not something you want in a public representative.
Josef Djugashvilis
#87 - 2012-09-05 14:49:11 UTC
Suddenly Forums ForumKings wrote:
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Caelis Boirelle wrote:

Petrus Blackshell wrote:

Are we seriously going to compare James 315 to ****** and Stalin?

Agreed, james is not fit to be compared to my good selfSmile

This is not a signature.

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#88 - 2012-09-05 14:56:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Petrus Blackshell
Confirming that I am a James 315 and The Mittani alt, but also embody the spirit of Hitler, Stalin, and all other buzzword dictators.

Here's something to consider: you don't have to be allied to someone in game to support them for the CSM. In game, I have never been (and will likely never be) an ally of Goonswarm, and I would pod The Mittani over and over if I had the chance. For CSM though, you need a person who is good at organizing others, good at managing public relations, and has very strong views and objectives in Eve. Do I think The Mittani had his own personal bias he brought to the CSM because of his position as leader of Goonswarm? Definitely. Did he make a good CSM? Hell yes.

Same goes for James: even if you don't like your AFK Retriever being bumped, you can recognize that James is an unique force in hisec. He is already more in the public spotlight more than anyone who organizes stuff in hisec (as demonstrated by this rapidly growing thread), and nobody can doubt that his convictions are strong.

You think those convictions are wrong, and you don't want to vote for him because he thinks AFK play doesn't belong in Eve? Fine. However, hisec (apparently) needs a representative, and I doubt you'd find any as vocal and dedicated as James amongst the hordes of AFK miners in hisec asteroid belts.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#89 - 2012-09-05 15:05:24 UTC
Abel Merkabah wrote:
RomeStar wrote:
James for CSM holy **** the world is ending. Seriously if you want a player on the CSM who represents high sec, that pilot should have a background of helping new players and is respected by all professions in high sec miners included. I have never seen James in the help chat channel. He hides in an NPC corp because he fears constant war decs. Why does he fear constant war decs you ask? Well he can’t defend himself and nobody will fight beside him. I think james is a goon highsec spy or he could possibly be the mittani. Pretty suspicious how his articles appeared so fast on the mittani website hmmmmmm…….

I'm fairly sure if James needed to gather allies he'd be able to build fleets not many could match. Perhaps it is his mercy that keeps him in an NPC corp; so the poor foolish highsec carebears that would make the poor decision to wardec him don't have to go through the humiliating defeat against vastly superior forces.

I will believe that when I see it.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#90 - 2012-09-05 15:34:47 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Inquisitor Kitchner wrote:
DarthNefarius wrote:

Using the same argument Iput forth that the state of Texas does not need its 2 Senators to represent them in Congress as long as California then usurps thier representation so they have 4 Senators... its still the same number and therefore Congress is properly filled up & the USA as a whole is represented

Considering I feel that assigning 2 senators per state regardless of population size and density is a moronic way to run your upper chamber I would argue both systems are equally as bad.

By your logic you need 50 presidents too.

Its better then a popular vote for an entire council/ Senate/House... then only NYC seaboard, LA /SF, chicago would rule the USA ( at least then we wouldn'thave dumb Texan Presidents starting wars every other Presidency at least I guess )

Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
The question is, how well would a CSM candidtae, whose campaign amounted to, 'bump a miner a day' do?

Real question is if HI SEC miners saw James315 running as a CSM would they get off thier bums and vote against him?
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Dervinus
Sunny Weather Mercenaries
The Initiative.
#91 - 2012-09-05 15:46:41 UTC
If the Supreme Protector of Highsec were to cast himself into the race for the next CSM, I and many others would gladly pledge our support in such a noble cause.

+4 votes for James315, Supreme Protector and Saviour of Highsec

o7 toonies

Anslo
Scope Works
#92 - 2012-09-05 15:51:28 UTC
Wait, is he ACTUALLY trying to run?...Shocked

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#93 - 2012-09-05 15:53:14 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Wait, is he ACTUALLY trying to run?...Shocked

I have nominated him to run, but he has neither accepted nor rejected the nomination yet.

Anslo
Scope Works
#94 - 2012-09-05 15:53:57 UTC
And how are you qualified to nominate anything?

Doc Severide
Doomheim
#95 - 2012-09-05 16:18:20 UTC
Anslo wrote:

He the leader of the asskissers society. Name any serial killer, I'd rather vote for them...
Anslo
Scope Works
#96 - 2012-09-05 16:19:12 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:
Anslo wrote:

He the leader of the asskissers society. Name any serial killer, I'd rather vote for them...

Really? Vote/nominate me then :p

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#97 - 2012-09-05 16:20:53 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:
Anslo wrote:

challenge acceptedP
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#98 - 2012-09-05 16:23:00 UTC
Anslo wrote:

I am as qualified as anyone else to do so. However, the merit of the nomination and this discusison is not due to my qualifications, but due to James'. If I were to nominate a no-name hisec miner, nobody would care.

Alternatively, I have almost 1500 space likes, *****!

Yokai Mitsuhide
Doomheim
#99 - 2012-09-05 16:24:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Yokai Mitsuhide
Comment removed*
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#100 - 2012-09-05 16:39:19 UTC
Problem: Not enough people in highsec give a crap enough about the CSM to vote. Not enough people in higsec even know what the CSM is. Too many noobs in higsec that are totally oblivious.

However, this does not mean they should not have representation in the CSM. Just, its going to be a very hard task to get someone elected.

FC, what do?