These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FW: Some questions

Author
Creedling
#1 - 2012-09-05 09:00:08 UTC
Hi,

Wandering if I can get answers to a few questions concerning Faction Warfare.

• What is the current state tier-wise of the four factions: who is on top and reaching 3/4 and who is struggling?

• What are the benefits of joining a FW corp?

• Where do I cash in LP, any old station or a particular 'hub'?

• Is a Merlin a good choice for unashamedly speed tanking minor and medium complexes? If so, how should I fit one?

• What is the difference (if any) between a FW mission and a complex?

Thanks,

Creedling
Marc Callan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-09-05 10:08:57 UTC
Creedling wrote:
Hi,

Wandering if I can get answers to a few questions concerning Faction Warfare.

• What is the current state tier-wise of the four factions: who is on top and reaching 3/4 and who is struggling?

• What are the benefits of joining a FW corp?

• Where do I cash in LP, any old station or a particular 'hub'?

• Is a Merlin a good choice for unashamedly speed tanking minor and medium complexes? If so, how should I fit one?

• What is the difference (if any) between a FW mission and a complex?

Thanks,

Creedling

1) Won't comment because it's very much in flux.
2) Reliable backup and logistical support (not in the sense of logi ships, but in terms of materiel and such).
3) There will be various stations owned by your faction's FW corp, in losec and hisec.
4) The Merlin and the Incursus are popular choices. Plex farmers will often fit them with propulsion mods, a cloak, and no guns. PVPers will hunt them down and slaughter them whenever possible, sometimes holding multiple points on the tackled farmer for extended periods of time, because while a plex farmer is scrammed and helpless, it's not earning LP.
5) FW missions generally have a limited number of targets to kill, and can be completed in much less time; there are also cash payouts in addition to LP, and unlike in a plex, nobody can jump in at the last minute and steal half your LP. A Level 4 FW mission from a low-sec agent will have an LP payout comparable to a major plex.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Voi Lutois
Space Men
#3 - 2012-09-05 14:11:10 UTC
Creedling wrote:

What are the benefits of joining a FW corp?

Free wardec and wts to shoot.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-09-05 15:40:10 UTC
If you want to farm fw plexes don't join the fdu. Caldari rats shoot missiles making gunless speed tanking impossible. Also, the plex mechanics will change with the winter updates so if you plan to farm then get on it. One more thing. Don't just farm, that f'n lame. Do farm...its good for your wallet but fit for pvp and kill fools too.
Creedling
#5 - 2012-09-05 19:45:06 UTC
Thanks for your responses.

I think I will be fitting up an armor-tanked Incursus with prop mods and farm until the update happens :) I've heard that it can tank Caldari plexes as well as the other speed-tankable areas.

I've actually spent the last few months pew pewing and doing lowsec piracy in general on two other alts. I will be fitting blasters on my Incursus and taking advantage of wannabees looking for easy farmer kills :P

My PvP habit is getting more expensive so I thought I'd give FW a try before it gets nerfed. What date is the Winter Update coming?

Cynthia Nezmor
Nezmor's Golden Griffins
#6 - 2012-09-06 11:12:47 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
If you want to farm fw plexes don't join the fdu. Caldari rats shoot missiles making gunless speed tanking impossible. Also, the plex mechanics will change with the winter updates so if you plan to farm then get on it. One more thing. Don't just farm, that f'n lame. Do farm...its good for your wallet but fit for pvp and kill fools too.

Actually you can farm all Caldari plexes with stabbed ships nowadays.

And it's just a matter of time before your faction reaches T4/T5, because practically nobody defends. The more popular factions have worse market. You will make roughly the same, no matter which side you choose.

Merlin can do all plexes.
jjohnpaul xvii
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-09-06 12:05:04 UTC
The saddest thing is that OP isn't trolling.

:(

Bring on the patch.

Creedling
#8 - 2012-09-07 09:04:06 UTC
jjohnpaul xvii wrote:
The saddest thing is that OP isn't trolling.

:(

Bring on the patch.

Yeah sorry, want to make the most of it before it gets un-broken. Soon we'll all be defensively farming too :)
Pinky Feldman
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#9 - 2012-09-07 15:00:33 UTC
Make alt
Orbit butan
????
Profit