These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Does salvage chance affect salvage drops?

Author
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#1 - 2012-07-23 14:47:09 UTC
From my own anecdotal experience, I seemed to get a significant increase in MNR drops when my salvage alt moved to T2 salvagers (a very long time ago now). I keep telling myself it could have just been luck, or a slight change in drop rates, but I've never been able to completely shake that impression.

After talking to a few of my friends in w-space, some of them reported similar experiences. Others flatly asserted that there was no change, and that some people get the impression by having a run of good luck around the same time they make the switch. What I find most interesting is the variance in drop rates reported by different people; some of us seem to average 1-2 more MNRs in low-class anoms.

So I put it to the crowd: Has anyone else had a similar experience? Has anyone actually applied some science to it and tested salvaging at different skill levels over a large enough sample size to determine if there is a difference?

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Pugzilla Black
ACE Salvage Company
#2 - 2012-07-23 15:48:59 UTC
My last jump into a wormhole was not all that. There were no asteroids and no sleepers. All I saw were a few lonely planets orbited by customs houses. I found that quiet odd. If it's worm/ unknown space, then how could "the man" know to put tax collections points out there?

Hopefully the next time I decide to see how far down the rabbit hole goes there will be something on the bottom that wants to take a swipe at me.... or at least some rocks to shoot at.
El Liptonez
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#3 - 2012-07-23 16:50:33 UTC
Quote:

It doesn't.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#4 - 2012-07-23 16:52:53 UTC
Pugzilla Black wrote:
My last jump into a wormhole was not all that. There were no asteroids and no sleepers. All I saw were a few lonely planets orbited by customs houses. I found that quiet odd. If it's worm/ unknown space, then how could "the man" know to put tax collections points out there?

Hopefully the next time I decide to see how far down the rabbit hole goes there will be something on the bottom that wants to take a swipe at me.... or at least some rocks to shoot at.

It's rare to find a completely empty wormhole. That was terrible luck on your part.

As for the customs offices, those are there because simply removing them would have basically broken the game for a number of players.

Fradle
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#5 - 2012-07-23 17:26:11 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Pugzilla Black wrote:

It's rare to find a completely empty wormhole. That was terrible luck on your part.

As for the customs offices, those are there because simply removing them would have basically broken the game for a number of players.

This. It just made the coders life easier in the end. Which is super important!
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#6 - 2012-07-23 17:32:27 UTC
El Liptonez wrote:
Quote:

It doesn't.

That's my expectation, but when the topic came up and a few of us started saying the same thing, it got me curious whether anyone had encountered similar results and bothered to actually test it.

Frothgar
Take The Bait.
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2012-07-23 20:17:28 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Pugzilla Black wrote:

Or some people might not know that the rats reside in Anomolies, and you have to scan down rocks and gas sites which in turn spawn rats in ~15mins from initiating warp for the first person to visit.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-07-24 02:36:06 UTC
it doesnt

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Imiptat No2
Kybernauts
Kybernauts Clade
#9 - 2012-09-03 18:53:02 UTC
does anyone know the location of the dev blog stateing that salvaging % set from skills and bonuses does not affect which items are dropped ? been having the descusion with the corpies lately and im trying to find the solid dev answer. i know iv read it in the past but i cant seem to find it
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-09-05 07:16:26 UTC
i think if you just read the description of the salvaging mods/skills you'll figure it out.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout