These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

James 315 for CSM as hi-sec representative

First post
Author
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#21 - 2012-09-05 04:12:19 UTC
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
I want to know how will mr James help poor 95% of high sec (miners) that are being oppressed by 1% of bad hi-sec people?

Then i can cast my vote.

Based on his track record, I have every confidence that James will make life better for all hisec focused players: miners, missioners, and the "1%" alike (though I'm not sure who you mean by that). The only ones who should fear his CSM-ship are the botters, whom he strongly disapproves of.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2012-09-05 04:13:41 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Aye, hisec needs a good *snicker* representative

You already have Issler.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-09-05 04:17:40 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
I'd vote for James 315 for CSM8.

With all two of my accounts!

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#24 - 2012-09-05 04:22:38 UTC
Polly Oxford wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Aye, hisec needs a good *snicker* representative

You already have Issler.

Do you want them to get good things, or are you happy just leaving them like that...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-09-05 04:36:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
I guess I'll play along for a bit...
So James, what is it you would do to help enhance the EVE experience for new players such as myself? What kind of content, or enhancements would you work to help create in highsec to provide us with a more enjoyable gaming experience?

Honestly though after browsing CSM minutes and listening to town hall meetings I don't exactly see what the point of this whole CSM gig is beyond perhaps a popularity contest who's winners apparently win free round trip airfare to Iceland (which I assume is paid for by our subscription fees). Surely CCP could (and I hope does) read forum feedback from the community itself rather than relying solely on a council of players, among whom I don't feel a single one currently represents me as a new player.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#26 - 2012-09-05 04:38:55 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Surely CCP could (and I hope does) read forum feedback from the community itself rather than relying solely on a council of players, among whom I don't feel a single one currently represents me as a new player.

I take it you've tried reading the forums and found the amazing feed back, such as:

Because of Falcon
Blobbers
Nerf Local
Buff CONCORD
Gankers ?! In my highsec?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-09-05 04:44:03 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:
Surely CCP could (and I hope does) read forum feedback from the community itself rather than relying solely on a council of players, among whom I don't feel a single one currently represents me as a new player.

I take it you've tried reading the forums and found the amazing feed back, such as:

Because of Falcon
Blobbers
Nerf Local
Buff CONCORD

I wouldn't know about any of those things, I'm more concerned with stuff like how long it takes me to train basic combat skills required to be competitive against established players, the repetitive nature of missions, and how changes to highsec being called for by those who live in low/nullsec will affect my new player experience.
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#28 - 2012-09-05 04:45:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Paul Oliver wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:

Because of Falcon
Blobbers
Nerf Local
Buff CONCORD

I wouldn't know about any of those things, I'm more concerned with stuff like how long it takes me to train basic combat skills required to be competitive against established players, the repetitive nature of missions, and how changes to highsec being called for by those who live in low/nullsec will affect my new player experience.

These are not discussed that much in the forums, if you hadn't noticed. So CCP reading the forums would miss what you were looking for in one case or the other case.

Sure, maybe it comes up, but before long, talking about newbie systems turns into mining in highsec turns into gankers turns into ~~

Perhaps you should try running, though by then you might have been in EVE a bit too long ~~

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2012-09-05 04:49:32 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
how long it takes me to train basic combat skills required to be competitive against established players

About a week.

Seriously, you can really screw up an established players day with less than a weeks worth of training.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#30 - 2012-09-05 04:59:00 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:
how long it takes me to train basic combat skills required to be competitive against established players
About a week.

Seriously, you can really screw up an established players day with less than a weeks worth of training.

It helps to have friends. Nothing like being that newbie who pointed and webbed (in that order!) some poor tengu resulting in a fiery death.

Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#31 - 2012-09-05 05:14:06 UTC
Anyone who recognizes my posts knows James has my vote.

Although if Tippia really ran...that would be an extremely hard decision. I respect both characters and do not know how I would decide to vote in that case.

James for CSM 8!

...or...

Tippia for CSM 8!

****...whateva...

James315 for CSM 8!

pussnheels
Viziam
#32 - 2012-09-05 05:19:19 UTC
CCP should hire him and her wilkuss as main developer , , pretty sure we then can ALL look for another game before xmass

Serious , while i respect the person , i absolutely detest his views and ideas about EvE , they are selfish , absolute boring and will only turn this game in a pretty boring glorified Arcade game

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Katran Luftschreck
Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
#33 - 2012-09-05 05:28:13 UTC
I nominate Petrus Blackshell as Unofficial Trollsec Representative to the EvE Forums.

http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#34 - 2012-09-05 05:32:42 UTC  |  Edited by: No More Heroes
Paul Oliver wrote:
Is "emergent gameplay" a politically correct term for harassment? Roll

No. Emergent gameplay is taking the tools and structure within a game and doing things with them that are beyond the scope and imagination of the developer.

Emergent gameplay can also be created by adding multiple players to the same game environment and having their individual actions impact the overall game narrative.

Our friend James 315 looked at the current state of high sec and realized: No one is doing anything imaginative here. They just DO things the developers intended. Like mining and running missions. Very theme-parkish, hardly worthy of a sandbox.

So he thought: how can I shake things up? Create a new narrative. Suicide ganking is blasé, lets do something different. Something emergent. Lets tell a new story. Without going into his whole manifesto and philosophies (which are quite brilliant) James 315 has created content where there was none. Player created content and player driven stories.

In high sec of all places.

Ukonius
Freeport Eleven
#35 - 2012-09-05 05:34:57 UTC
I nominate myself. I am probably the only player who sees all of you as computer programs and nothing more Blink

I'll never get those who place so much of their self worth on a bunch of pixels and strangers opinions. To each their own I suppose
Too-Boku
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-09-05 06:06:43 UTC
No More Heroes wrote:
Paul Oliver wrote:
Is "emergent gameplay" a politically correct term for harassment? Roll

No. Emergent gameplay is taking the tools and structure within a game and doing things with them that are beyond the scope and imagination of the developer.

Emergent gameplay can also be created by adding multiple players to the same game environment and having their individual actions impact the overall game narrative.

Our friend James 315 looked at the current state of high sec and realized: No one is doing anything imaginative here. They just DO things the developers intended. Like mining and running missions. Very theme-parkish, hardly worthy of a sandbox.

So he thought: how can I shake things up? Create a new narrative. Suicide ganking is blasé, lets do something different. Something emergent. Lets tell a new story. Without going into his whole manifesto and philosophies (which are quite brilliant) James 315 has created content where there was none. Player created content and player driven stories.

In high sec of all places.

Chribba, T'amber, Istvaan & GHSC, and now James 315. That's not very many noteworthy 'high sec' individuals.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#37 - 2012-09-05 08:49:52 UTC
....Oh God.

Or....

Vote Me for CSM :P

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

iskflakes
#38 - 2012-09-05 09:03:47 UTC
James 315 for CSM !

-

Tyrton
Imbecile MIiss Managment and Disasters
Intergalactic Interstellar Interns
#39 - 2012-09-05 09:10:26 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Nah. Vote Tippia for Highsec CSM8. Twisted

This is not all that bad of an idea ... Tippia ......you would hate it but you would do it.Twisted
Othran
Route One
#40 - 2012-09-05 09:32:46 UTC
How is this guy with spoons?

High-sec "CSM reps" have to be adept at spoon-throwing Blink