These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Wormhole Signatures

Author
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#1 - 2012-09-03 16:13:13 UTC
Whenever I scan up more than 1 wormhole in the same system I tag them 'Unstable Wormhole' 'Unstable Wormhole 1' 'Unstable Wormhole 2'.

They all turn into the same signature once I dock up and get my strategic cruiser and try to warp to them.

Do you have to give them unique names to seperate the signatures or warp to each one as you scan it or what? Is this a known bug or am I missing something obvious...

Not today spaghetti.

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2012-09-03 16:33:16 UTC
Kinda confused.

First it seems like you are already giving them unique names. So the only thing I can think is you are getting confused and bookmarking the same one over and over?

I generally tag them with the 3 letter ID to keep them straight. Also helps if someone else scans earlier so you know which ones were already scanned.

Its not necessary to warp to them, but generally it is better to warp to it and bookmark the actual WH rather than the scanned result. it is more accurate that way. Sometimes the BM can land you a good distance away (outside jump range).
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#3 - 2012-09-03 16:36:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Yeah warp to the actual WH and bookmark the wormhole entity itself and I find it handy to include what type of WH it is i.e. m555, k162, etc. and what the showinfo says if its a k162 about where its come from, also noting the sig ID is useful if you'll be rescanning later.

i.e. something like:

WH K162 ABC from Lowsec.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-09-03 17:51:30 UTC
I wish we got people jumping their pve T3 blindly into our wormhole like this Sad
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#5 - 2012-09-03 20:19:57 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
I wish we got people jumping their pve T3 blindly into our wormhole like this Sad

I'm the gingerbread man son.

So warp to the actual wormhole and then bookmark it....

Thanks!

Not today spaghetti.