These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Well that was fun for 5 hours.

First post
Author
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#21 - 2012-09-03 00:33:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Marked Prospectus wrote:
I really should have docked, it's pretty obvious now that people are lame enough to wait around for someone to have to take a ****. I mean I've been stalked before in my life, but never had anyone wait for me to **** to take advantage of me. I'll make sure to dock every time I have a bodily function. As it's obvious eve pilots get off on watching people in the loo.

Likely they just happened upon you when you went afk. I highly doubt they watched through your window to wait for you to go afk (there is no way in game to now if someone is afk).

And it makes perfect sense for those who have fleets of mining ships to spend some time ganking others to lower competition.

And yes, you should have docked or accepted the consequences of whatever occurred. you chose neither, and as such look quite foolish.
Marked Prospectus
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-09-03 00:33:45 UTC
Vulix wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Didn't realize people were after the ships that create the industrial lifeblood of eve. It's cool, off to 514, atleast there it makes sense when people are raping the economy they rely on.

When your ship died, the value of my trit went up just a tiny fraction. Thanks for losing!

Congrats! One less person to sell to. That'll make the dollar value of your isk decrease ever so slightly. Keep up the ****!
ISD TYPE40
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2012-09-03 00:34:04 UTC
Thread cleaned of off topic and troll posts. Discussion is great, but lets try and behave like adults please - ISD Type40.

[b]ISD Type40 Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Vulix
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-09-03 00:35:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulix
You afk mined and died. Admit you did something wrong and move on. You won't get sympathy from anyone.
Marked Prospectus
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-09-03 00:37:10 UTC
Vulix wrote:
nvm

I like you, you represent everything that a new player should see. You show how ruthless even high sec space is. If you want to be a peaceful podcateer you will be faced with the likes of you. It's truly an inspiration to those who come after me. I appreciate your input and want to hear more about the shadow economy you represent.
Vulix
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-09-03 00:38:50 UTC
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:
nvm

I like you, you represent everything that a new player should see. You show how ruthless even high sec space is. If you want to be a peaceful podcateer you will be faced with the likes of you. It's truly an inspiration to those who come after me. I appreciate your input and want to hear more about the shadow economy you represent.

Except you're not a new player, you had 200m in value sitting in space while you were afk
Marked Prospectus
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-09-03 00:39:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Marked Prospectus
Vulix wrote:
You afk mined and died. Admit you did something wrong and move on. You won't get sympathy from anyone.

I did, I went to the restroom, was focus fired by a gang, scouted by a covert ops ship prior to leaving to the restroom, and went anyways. 30 seconds.. That's all it took. It's 10 feet to my restroom and 10 feet back. Took a ****, and died. If I had docked, my wife would have died. so I'm happy it was me since she would have been focused and killed instead of me. It doesn't matter that I was in the restroom. It's the fact that folks actively search out people who want to have no part in pvp and force them to participate through suicide squads.

She already cancelled her sub, since this happens pretty much every time we re-sub. It's almost comforting to know this is what eve is, has been, and will be in the future.
Vulix
Doomheim
#28 - 2012-09-03 00:42:07 UTC
Marked Prospectus wrote:

I did, I went to the restroom, was focus fired by a gang, scouted by a covert ops ship prior to leaving to the restroom, and went anyways. 30 seconds.. That's all it took. It's 10 feet to my restroom and 10 feet back. Took a ****, and died. If I had docked, my wife would have died. so I'm happy it was me since she would have been focused and killed instead of me. It doesn't matter that I was in the restroom. It's the fact that folks actively search out people who want to have no part in pvp and force them to participate through suicide squads.

She already cancelled her sub, since this happens pretty much every time we re-sub. It's almost comforting to know this is what eve is, and will be in the future.

Yes there are griefers and it's part of EVE. Next time you could try sacrificing some cargo space for more tank. There are plenty of people who survive suicide ganks - people will only waste their ships on easy targets
Shogun Archer
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2012-09-03 00:42:25 UTC
Sabrina Solette wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
My chars have been around since 2005, I get what eve is, but this is just pure nonsense.

I haven't really played in 3 years. I figured I'd go out and try some mining, hopped in my Mackinaw and started some mining. I made a few million isk seeling to locals who were looking for veldspar. After about 5 hours I was ganked by a pirate gang. Not too surprising, but since this seems to be the thing to do, and I like to mine I'm not suprrised.

I appreciate the game as it is, but doing nothing but mining velspar and selling tritanium to people equates to losing 200m isk while I'm in the restroom... Well I get the appeal, it must be awesome to spend a few million to grief a dude and his wife. Good on you folks, and you've driven yet another ***** off the game, since I'm obviously too ***** to stick around and get griefed.

Immortalis you've driven away yet another longtime returnee.

Yeah, the game and player base has changed over the years not for the better. People's idea of fun seems to evolve around how can they **** off someone today. I've kind of got bored with flying through gate camps in high-sec and getting scanned a lot of the time whilst they sit about in their disposible Tornados waiting for a juicy target. So I've closed this account and transfered the assets to the last remaining account of mine. Don't know how long I'll keep that open though.

Nah. It's always been like this. Not a damn thing wrong within either. There are plenty of games out there for you to enjoy that automatically respawn your pretty little corpses and have " safety zones". Prolly got padded walls for ya too.

If you run into more than 2 a**holes in a day, you should probably look in the mirror.

Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#30 - 2012-09-03 00:42:45 UTC
This one time I went AFK in Quake and I died like a hundred times. WTF is wrong with humanity?
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#31 - 2012-09-03 00:43:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Corina Jarr
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:

She already cancelled her sub, since this happens pretty much every time we re-sub. It's almost comforting to know this is what eve is, and will be in the future.

Whoa... you were scouted by a cov ops (one of the duh scouts), and you still stayed in space?! Not just that, but went AFK?!

Thats just plain stupid.
Inquisitor Kitchner
The Executives
#32 - 2012-09-03 00:43:28 UTC
Marked Prospectus wrote:
I really should have docked, it's pretty obvious now that people are lame enough to wait around for someone to have to take a ****. I mean I've been stalked before in my life, but never had anyone wait for me to **** to take advantage of me. I'll make sure to dock every time I have a bodily function. As it's obvious eve pilots get off on watching people in the loo.

This is awesome trolling.

"I don't see why if I decide to go to the bathroom I should put my ship in a place of safety as I can't react as I'm not at the laptop. This game should automatically detect I'm in the toilet and make me invincible till I get back".

HTFU

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Marked Prospectus
Doomheim
#33 - 2012-09-03 00:45:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Marked Prospectus
Corina Jarr wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:

Whoa... you were scouted by a cov ops (one of the duh scouts, and you still stayed in space?! Not just that, but went AFK?!

Thats just plain stupid.

I figured they'd see hey look there's a person actually moving around and paying attention (which I had been up until the moment of truth) and move on. If the reality of high-sec griefing was: we kill AFK miners, then they would have. But reality is, it doesn't matter afk or there, you will die to someone willing to spend the isk armor tank and all.
Sarik Olecar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-09-03 00:45:42 UTC
A few weeks again you would've had my sympathy, however since the buff its stupid easy to slap a half decent tank on a mack and drop yourself in an ice belt for an hour without any risk of being ganked. I have yet to be ganked at all and I'm AFK 99% of the time...

Hows my posting? Call 1-800-747-7633 to leave feedback.

Shogun Archer
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-09-03 00:46:18 UTC
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:

She already cancelled her sub, since this happens pretty much every time we re-sub. It's almost comforting to know this is what eve is, has been, and will be in the future.

Dude, you act like they knew you went to the potty. Did you announce in local that you had to tinkle? You are not cut out for this game, period. It is not for you. You need something much softer and much easier. Nobody in the forums have any sympathy for you. Play something else, ok?

If you run into more than 2 a**holes in a day, you should probably look in the mirror.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#36 - 2012-09-03 00:47:03 UTC
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:

Whoa... you were scouted by a cov ops (one of the duh scouts, and you still stayed in space?! Not just that, but went AFK?!

Thats just plain stupid.

I figured they'd see hey look there's a person actually moving around and paying attention (which I had been up until the moment of truth) and move on. If the reality of high-sec griefing was: we kill AFK miners, then they would have. But reality is, it doesn't matter afk or there, you will die to someone willing to spend the isk.

They want to kill you. Its part of the game (and it is not griefing by CCP's definition, the only one that matters here).

Would you whine about being killed on a PvP server in any other game?
Marked Prospectus
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-09-03 00:47:27 UTC
Shogun Archer wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:

Dude, you act like they knew you went to the potty. Did you announce in local that you had to tinkle? You are not cut out for this game, period. It is not for you. You need something much softer and much easier. Nobody in the forums have any sympathy for you. Play something else, ok?

I get it, it's a hard game. Especially in high sec, where you should have protection from Concord. You should always be aware, you should always be paying attention to everything. You can't ever take a ****, you have to dock always.... cause all of you do that in 0.0 I'm sure.....
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-09-03 00:48:27 UTC
Jax Bederen wrote:
I'm just wondering why is everyone so angry. You guys ever give meditation a go?

This is how it is unfortunately, I'm a new player too and like I said in another thread, I've learned that elements in this community can be very draconian, many truely enjoy inflicting grief on others and feed off the discord and malcontent it causes to a degree that seems almost demonic. Doing what the OP has done creating this topic only serves to make a target out of oneself.

It kinda shows that this game was made by the descendants of vikings. P
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Marked Prospectus
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-09-03 00:49:14 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Corina Jarr wrote:
Marked Prospectus wrote:
Vulix wrote:

Thats just plain stupid.

I figured they'd see hey look there's a person actually moving around and paying attention (which I had been up until the moment of truth) and move on. If the reality of high-sec griefing was: we kill AFK miners, then they would have. But reality is, it doesn't matter afk or there, you will die to someone willing to spend the isk.

They want to kill you. Its part of the game (and it is not griefing by CCP's definition, the only one that matters here).

Would you whine about being killed on a PvP server in any other game?

Let me equate it to being Pk'd in a newb town in World of Warcraft. Yeah it's technically possible, but the only people who do it are immature folks who thinks it's a blast to get people to quit. Getting gacked in high sec while mining and selling to locals is pretty much the same thing. Just griefing for griefing's sake.
Vulix
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-09-03 00:49:32 UTC
OP what kind of answer are you waiting for? Everyone in this thread has died "unfairly" before. It's part of the game. Move on