These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Increase the challenge of missions.

Author
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-09-02 03:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Omnathious Deninard
Give all mission rats the Sleeper AI
Pull the next wave of rats from a random spawn table (like incursions)
Make the next wave only appear when the last wave is completly destroyed.
Upgrade mission rats to be active tanked.

Anything else?

Discuss

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-09-02 03:32:47 UTC
Reduce bounties and mission payout.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-09-02 04:03:10 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I could see this if an escalation were to be introduced to promote fleet missions. The more members of the fleet the more rats spawn. Causing better pay for teamwork.

Weasel Juice
Mayhem and Destruction
#4 - 2012-09-02 11:44:04 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I could see this if an escalation were to be introduced to promote fleet missions. The more members of the fleet the more rats spawn. Causing better pay for teamwork.

Oh yes! Escalations in missions! Let me just bring in my 20 Buddy Plex boxes to escalate, and farm like there's no tomorrow!

Omnathious: I definitely agree that NPCs should be un-dumbified and beefed up. Sleeper AI? YES! Absolutely no reason not to.
Random spawns? Incursions are not purely random, they are highly prediciable with only slight variations. But I would agree that especially in incursions it would be a lot more fun if it was more randomized, especially in location and ship types. No idea about missions though.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-09-02 12:47:02 UTC
I shall clarify what i meant with the mission escelation,
cut the mission rat bounty in half, then for each additional fleet member that warps in and stays ongrid in the deadspace pocket 25% more rats will spawn, to a maximum of 9 additional spawns (10 squad members total) this would cause a gross 50% total isk reward for the mission bountys but it would be devided between 10 members. But that was a side idea not revelant to the OP.
they gave the impression that incursion spawns were completly random when they nerfed them. But i have been guilty of this myself, warp into mission deploy drones walk away. This idea should slow down mission bots and eleminate afk mission running

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-09-02 13:06:17 UTC
t
they gave the impression that incursion spawns were completly random when they nerfed them. But i have been guilty of this myself, warp into mission deploy drones walk away. This idea should slow down mission bots and eleminate afk mission running

It would also f over everyone else.

Your suggestion is bad and you should feel bad.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Aglais
Ice-Storm
#7 - 2012-09-02 17:34:04 UTC
Missions becoming harder due to too many actually smart NPCs which pay less isn't going to make more people want to do them, just to point out.

If you're going to have genuinely dangerous NPCs in missions, there shouldn't be vast hordes of them. Nor should they pay like 250k ISK per battleship, like some mercenary ones. If they're going to be harder to take down, or able to wreck your stuff easier, they should pay drastically MORE, not less. And also for the sake of people just not doing L4s anymore, they shouldn't be the only kind of enemy you encounter.

Because honestly I don't think anyone would want to see their Machariel or Vargur or what have you which they spent several billion on ripped to shreds by Guristas who know what they're doing, and have a fleet that thanks to your additional five guys or whatever numbers like a hundred strong.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-09-02 18:18:12 UTC
Sorry, but as far as payout goes, level 4 missions do not need a buff. If you were to increase difficulty, then you can increase payout, but only slightly as compensation.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-09-02 19:01:45 UTC
Give all mission rats the Sleeper AI
Pull the next wave of rats from a random spawn table (like incursions)
Make the next wave only appear when the last wave is completely destroyed.

Discuss

Bad Escalation idea aside this was the main point of my thread.

Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#10 - 2012-09-02 19:18:37 UTC
.s

The first one here would make many missions much much easier. Now instead of having to watch what you kill, you just kill whatever and you have much less total DPS to worry about.

The second one already exists. They just have crappy tanks.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-09-02 21:17:53 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
.s

The first one here would make many missions much much easier. Now instead of having to watch what you kill, you just kill whatever and you have much less total DPS to worry about.

The second one already exists. They just have crappy tanks.

So upgrade the active tank of rats.
and change it so that the mission can not be completed until all rats are destroyed, leave the trigger rats as is

Jax Bederen
Dark Horse RM
#12 - 2012-09-02 21:58:38 UTC
You have L5's to do fleet missions with, there is little to do properly solo as it is. Better AI is always welcome as missions tend to get predictable, longer time to finish though should increase isk accordingly.