These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Anom Nerf or Glitch ?

Author
Dewayne Hicks
Alcohol Fueled Brutality
#1 - 2012-08-28 14:20:59 UTC
I am wondering if someone can confirm whether this is a nerf or glitch. I have been noticing over the last several weeks a lack of high end anoms, gas and ore sites in my C4. On the average I used to get 5-7 .06 combat anoms, 10-15 ladar and grav sites of varying levels of goodness on a weekly basis. Plus the 'regular' anoms that just showed up with the regular scanner without probing, ie the Barracks, Command posts, etc.

Now for the last serval weeks the 'regular' anoms show up, 2 Core or close to it Deposits show up, no .06 combat anoms, no gas sites at all and no 'regular or lower end' ore sites. I usully keep a toon logged in all day since I work from home and based on not seeing anyone in system but me all day and info from Wormnav showing no npc's kills but the ones i kill I can find no other reason for the lack of anoms other than either a nerf I haven't heard about or a glitch in the system somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas or a link\info on a nerf I have missed?
Godfrey Silvarna
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#2 - 2012-08-28 14:26:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Godfrey Silvarna
Anomaly spawn rates oscillate heavily. The exact details are unknown but there are claims that other activity in your constellation, the rate at which you run them yourself and built-in bountiful and barren seasons may affect the rate. I have noticed some months long periods of rapid and very slow spawn rates.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#3 - 2012-08-28 14:57:20 UTC
Godfrey Silvarna wrote:
Anomaly spawn rates oscillate heavily. The exact details are unknown but there are claims that other activity in your constellation, the rate at which you run them yourself and built-in bountiful and barren seasons may affect the rate. I have noticed some months long periods of rapid and very slow spawn rates.

This.

WH Spawn rates are all over the place.
Dewayne Hicks
Alcohol Fueled Brutality
#4 - 2012-08-28 14:58:10 UTC
I have heard the constellation reason before but wasn't sure how true it was. And this being the first time I have ran into this 'slow period' I was just curious if anyone else had ran into this before. Thanx :)
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#5 - 2012-08-28 15:02:09 UTC
Dewayne Hicks wrote:
I have heard the constellation reason before but wasn't sure how true it was. And this being the first time I have ran into this 'slow period' I was just curious if anyone else had ran into this before. Thanx :)

How long have you been in the WH?
Dewayne Hicks
Alcohol Fueled Brutality
#6 - 2012-08-28 15:04:29 UTC
3-4 months
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#7 - 2012-08-28 15:20:12 UTC
Spawn rates will vary hugely, as mentioned the exact details of what affects it aren't entirely known we've had periods of weeks with hardly anything and other times more than we can possible deal with it.
Dewayne Hicks
Alcohol Fueled Brutality
#8 - 2012-08-28 15:24:16 UTC
Well hopefully the spawnrate will pick back up otherwise i'll have to start drinking again to have something to do.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#9 - 2012-08-28 15:52:14 UTC
Dewayne Hicks wrote:
3-4 months

It won't be your last slow period.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#10 - 2012-08-28 16:17:01 UTC
Neither nerf or glich. Bob

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Karmu Ivanostrov
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-08-28 17:54:40 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

Suicide a Shuttle to the sun
Bernie Nator
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#12 - 2012-08-28 18:18:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Bernie Nator
Dewayne Hicks wrote:
Well hopefully the spawnrate will pick back up otherwise i'll have to start drinking again to have something to do.

Abuse your static, and sacrifice a shuttle to the sleepers for Bob.
Svodola Darkfury
Cloak and Daggers
The Initiative.
#13 - 2012-08-28 18:52:36 UTC
Anomalies seem to be somewhat dependent on some elusive "constellation" or "region" mechanic, because sometimes you won't get any and then other days you'll have 10 spawn in an hour. I've noticed during these points of high spawn rate that there are a lot of kills in the region (and constellation) of my wormholes. This is by no means conclusive, just conjecture.

Signature Combat sites (I think is what you mean with "0.6 anomalies") such as Radar and Magnetometric sites seem to spawn in "waves"; you get a few radars/mags, or you get a few gravs/ladars. Radars/Mags spawn by FAR the lesser, but it could also be some sort of constellation/region spawn sort of thing where it's getting hung up in an uninhabited system.

Svodola Darkfury.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#14 - 2012-08-28 19:19:21 UTC
If the spawn of anoms/sigs were related to a constellation/region mechanics, why new anom/sig spawn at dt?

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#15 - 2012-08-28 20:25:30 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
If the spawn of anoms/sigs were related to a constellation/region mechanics, why new anom/sig spawn at dt?

Why do they also spawn all throughout the day as well?
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#16 - 2012-09-01 06:58:52 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

Clean-up of old sigs at DT. How many Gravs do you see spawn at any other time than DT? No one actually finishes those.

http://www.wormholes.info

Frying Doom
#17 - 2012-09-01 08:30:58 UTC
Karmu Ivanostrov wrote:
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

Suicide a Shuttle to the sun

In a case this bad I would suggest a Battle Cruiser or Battle Ship.

They may have done something to offend BoB.

All Praise BoB.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#18 - 2012-09-01 11:11:15 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

Clean-up of old sigs at DT. How many Gravs do you see spawn at any other time than DT? No one actually finishes those.

I have had gravs spawn in the middle of the day.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#19 - 2012-09-01 11:14:08 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Nathan Jameson wrote:
Kalel Nimrott wrote:

I have had gravs spawn in the middle of the day.

Hmm. Your experience is different than mine, then.

http://www.wormholes.info

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#20 - 2012-09-01 11:23:21 UTC
Look no further, the reason is here http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_external_id=1173357993

Bob is displeased with you.

12Next page