These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE Zoom and FOV Options

Author
Tekniq
Bionic Systems
#1 - 2012-08-30 13:37:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Tekniq
Hi - I didnt know where to put it, but because its kind of a newbie question (even if I arent) I put it here:

We all know how to change FOV (some people may refer to it as zoom, but thats technically not right = field of view)

CTRL + LMB + RMB + Drag mouse to the right (left for reverting)
(LMB / RMB = right left mouse button)
(works in space only)

(ZOOM on the other hand is changed simply with the mouse wheel or LMB + RMB + drag mouse up / down.)

But whenever I enter a station etc

it - the FOV - resets to the old value.

Is there a way to script into a config.txt or somewhere else what I want as new standard FOV?

tl;dr;

can I set a manual standard FOV?
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2 - 2012-08-30 13:42:31 UTC
um, what are you asking exactly?

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Tekniq
Bionic Systems
#3 - 2012-08-30 13:44:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Tekniq
Velicitia wrote:

sry I dont know how I can make it more clear.

please specify what you dont understand and I may help you.

But I doubt you are helpful for answering my question in the first place if you cant understand it though - its not written overcomplex. You either know it or you dont.
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-08-30 14:04:14 UTC  |  Edited by: highonpop
Tekniq wrote:
Hi - I didnt know where to put it, but because its kind of a newbie question (even if I arent) I put it here:

can I set a manual standard FOV?

No.

Your FOV will reset at each session change.
Your FOV will reset at every gate.
Your FOV will reset each time you change ships.
Your FOV will reset when you dock/undock.

YOu just have to keep zooming in and out.

edit:
I find this very annoying. When Im in a fleet battle of ~1000 people, it helps to be able to zoom way our and widening my FOV.... then once I warp to a gate and jump, im looking at my ship again and have to zoom out....again...

Also, you don't have as many options for your FOV when you are docked. The combo leftClick/rightClick/drag doesnt work the same when you are docked as it does when you are undocked.

FC, what do?

Velicitia
XS Tech
#5 - 2012-08-30 14:42:40 UTC
Tekniq wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

sry I dont know how I can make it more clear.

please specify what you dont understand and I may help you.

But I doubt you are helpful for answering my question in the first place if you cant understand it though - its not written overcomplex. You either know it or you dont.

your OP when I responded was as follows

Quote:

We all know how to change FOV (some people may refer to it as zoom, but thats technically not right = field of view)

CTRL + LMB + RMB + Drag mouse to the right (left for reverting)
(LMB / RMB = right left mouse button)

But whenever I enter a station etc

It has since been edited to be clearer Blink ... and answered quite well by highonpop.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#6 - 2012-08-31 18:17:15 UTC
For the constant zooming, pro tip: You can get very fast zooming if you hold both mouse buttons down at the same time.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)