These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EvE Online anyone?

Author
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#1 - 2012-08-29 16:14:32 UTC
I don't play WoW... never have and totally uninterested... but this popped up in my news feed (Google has generically labled me a 'Gamer' when in fact I'm and 'Internet space explorer/conquistador') and on the next page I noticed someone say "eve online anyone?"... just thought it was kind of funny to see threadnoughts are not eve only, and I thought some of you might get a chuckle out of it. Wonder if we'll get a bunch of new pods...

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#2 - 2012-08-29 16:20:07 UTC
It is my understanding that goons are always looking for new recruits for their jihadswarm.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2012-08-29 16:27:54 UTC
Shutting down WoW players will cripple their nuke programmeStraight

I can only aprove of more nuclear physicists in EVETwisted
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-08-29 16:32:04 UTC
So like you were really stoned, and you went to that blank page and like you saw this really hot chick on it who asked if you wanted to play EVE so because you're not a WOW player and Google says you're a gamer you came and made this thread? It all makes perfect sense...
Its good to be [Gallente](http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1209/QEQlJ.jpg).
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#5 - 2012-08-29 16:38:29 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
So like you were really stoned, and you went to that blank page and like you saw this really hot chick on it who asked if you wanted to play EVE so because you're not a WOW player and Google says you're a gamer you came and made this thread? It all makes perfect sense...

You must be new around here. Gogela never make sense!

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#6 - 2012-08-29 16:40:57 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:

Well... no I'm not stoned. By definition a blank page has no information so I am not sure what you are talking about there either. I never mentioned women at all. When you sign into google services, google begins to build a sort of psyche profile on you based on what you read and how you browse the web. You get put into categories and those categories are weighted. When you google something you get very different results than I. When I read google news I get a lot of sci/tec/gaming news, for instance. I would imagine you get a lot of crayon drawings and fart jokes. Are YOU stoned?

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#7 - 2012-08-29 16:45:13 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:

You really need to stop reading that NPC corp chat, the rubbish you read in there is obviously affecting your ability to disseminate information.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-08-29 16:46:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Paul Oliver
Gogela wrote:
When you sign into google services, google begins to build a sort of psyche profile on you based on what you read and how you browse the web. You get put into categories and those categories are weighted. When you google something you get very different results than I. When I read google news I get a lot of sci/tec/gaming news, for instance. I would imagine you get a lot of crayon drawings and fart jokes.
Don't use Google for the very reason you just mentioned so I wouldn't know. lol I'm just teasin dude.
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-08-29 16:57:41 UTC
Did you mean to link to page 97?

FC, what do?

Jim Era
#10 - 2012-08-29 17:01:12 UTC
Christ look at those forum avatars in Op's link.

yikes.

Watâ„¢

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#11 - 2012-08-29 17:05:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
highonpop wrote:
Did you mean to link to page 97?

Yah... it's the official response telling those players they are banned as a nation and their sub cash is gone. The rest of the pages are filled with WoW non-sense and I didn't read them... but I did read a page or two after the link to see reactions, and thus saw the response "EvE Online anyone'... and here we are. How are you? Doing well I hope.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2012-08-29 17:09:10 UTC
Jim Era wrote:
Christ look at those forum avatars in Op's link.

yikes.

What do you expect from a bunch of sword waving savages?
C O'Brien
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-08-29 17:16:37 UTC  |  Edited by: C O'Brien
I don't want a bunch of WoW players in Eve. A majority of them are 12 year olds with mommy's credit card. WoW is nothing more than a babysitter.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-08-29 17:34:17 UTC
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-08-29 17:50:23 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
WoW... Pathetic really...

If gankers think things are bad now just wait till we have a mob of former night elf hunters at CCP's ear.
C O'Brien
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-08-29 18:10:07 UTC  |  Edited by: C O'Brien
I tried WoW, I quit when I took my level 25 character into a contested zone. There was a level 70(level cap at the time)camped at the flight point. He'd kill me as soon as I landed. He got no pvp credit at all because I was so low level, and there's no looting. So I quit.
Hiyora Akachi
Advanced Hole Theory
#17 - 2012-08-29 18:29:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Hiyora Akachi
WoW used to be fun....then it progressively went downhill. TBH, last time I had fun with it was in BC then I just suffered through it for the next couple years because of friends.....

Least I get to murder that account come October.

EDIT: That link has some valid points. Pretty sure I only rolled NE for the boob and Hunters were easy....although now everything is...
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#18 - 2012-08-29 18:48:40 UTC
Paul Oliver wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
WoW... Pathetic really...

If gankers think things are bad now just wait till we have a mob of former night elf hunters at CCP's ear.

Or rather wait til they get into EVE and find out what's waiting for them. Twisted

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-08-29 19:52:31 UTC
Are these guys a threat ?

...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

Crap, i'm such an elitist jerk, really.

Let them migrate to EvE ...
... I'm sure we can arrange a warm welcome...................
Paul Oliver
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-08-29 19:57:01 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Are these guys a threat ?

...... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

Crap, i'm such an elitist jerk, really.

Let them migrate to EvE ...
... I'm sure we can arrange a warm welcome...................

Yes it would seem that CCP is already preparing...
12Next page